Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

They've shown lots of baddass looking player characters so I do wonder if they're included normal, boring faces.

It'll be a bit weird if all the NPC's are seven foot tall musclemen with murder in their eyes :thumbsup:

Either murder or worriless unconcerned happiness. :lol:

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Still think the character designs look silly but that's really just the lore at work, the character models sure as hell look like a big improvement over Oblivion.

Silly as in exhibiting the traits of He-Man type trash fantasy?

:thumbsup: Yes.

But agreed they're definitely a huge improvement over Oblivion.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

That body type doesn't seem to fit a Redguard though. I always picture Redguards as being muscular but lean.

That image looks a little too much like a barrel-chested body builder, ie a nord.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

That body type doesn't seem to fit a Redguard though. I always picture Redguards as being muscular but lean.

That image looks a little too much like a barrel-chested body builder, ie a nord.

There are different body models to choose from, apparently.

For some reason, all those journalist insist on playing some beefy fighter type. I'd like to see morefemale (non scaly/furry) characters.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Silly as in exhibiting the traits of He-Man type trash fantasy?

this stuff looks more pulp to me than he-man (ie 80's cartoon)

pulp fantasy art is awesome

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i love that you can pick different body types, that was something that bothered me in oblivion for some reason. it just didn't make sense that the big fighters looked identical to the wimpy mages in that game. in older games i could ignore it, but by the time oblivion was released it just felt like something was missing.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Jesus this game looks awful.

compared to what?

i think it looks AMAZING (compared to oblivion).

i don't have an eye for graphics i guess, to me this looks like fallout 3 but slightly improved.

what is worse about this?

Jesus this game looks awful.

compared to what?

Compared to my own standards?

Even Fallout 3 looks really really good compared to Skyrim.

It looks like Oblivon with better character models. The environments are only a tad sharper.

Of course, looks aren't the potential problem, Bethesda's gameplay and storytelling is.

И погибе Српски кнез Лазаре,
И његова сва изгибе војска, 
Седамдесет и седам иљада;
Све је свето и честито било
И миломе Богу приступачно.

It lacks good lighting, grit, and...personality.

Same **** with ARMA 2. Nice textures and all, but geez developers, stop making photorealistic games please!

Further proof that Morgoth is anticipating Bodycount with baited breath.

Keep the faith sir... KEEPING THE FAITH!

Edited by Nightshape

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

i like the previous argonian picture better, but either way the race looks way cooler now that it has in the past.

i really feel like the environments look about as good as fallout 3, and the character models way better than anything done by bethesda so far. which makes the "graphics" overall about 10x easier on the eye than oblivion.

oblivion faces were so so wrong.