Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim announced

Guest Slinky
14 voice actors TOTAL in Oblivion.

70 in Skyrim.

Even Bethesda learns eventually.

Heh, even if the game is going to be as simple as Oblivion, this alone is a big thumbs up from me. Not much mods to change the voice acting in the nexus.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Slinky

Apparently Skyrim is going to have romances according to this article.

Knowing bethesda's awesome writing skills, this might lead to something truly hilarious.

Expect a deep, nuanced, and fully engaged incorporation of emotional elements.

lol.

It was due to happen though. RPG's are rapidly becoming dating sims. Thanks Bioware.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Knowing bethesda's awesome writing skills, this might lead to something truly hilarious.

"Expect a deep, nuanced, and fully engaged incorporation of emotional elements. The developers of the Elder Scrolls series don’t half step (just look at their graphics and design evolution)"

That made me chuckle, Bioware have been at it for years and it still feels creepy.

*edit* Hmm, is this site trustworthy? :)

Edited by WDeranged

I'm waiting for id's next engine iteration to have a romance module.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

In Morrowind, a male character could actually "befriend" a Khajiit in Pelagiad (there was even an entire questline). Similarly, a female character could swipe a Dunmer highwayman off his feet who otherwise would take all your money.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

In Morrowind, a male character could actually "befriend" a Khajiit in Pelagiad (there was even an entire questline). Similarly, a female character could swipe a Dunmer highwayman off his feet who otherwise would take all your money.

I remember the second one. Wouldn't call it a romance, not in the BIowarian sense.

Regardless, anything from MW is a bad example since MW was basically when Bethesda was at the height of their writing powers; they've not shown for a long time that they are capable of anything close to that.

i want to replay morrowind again, but i think i'd need to mod it so that every hit was a success, and that the skill only influenced the damage.

I don't mind roving target reticles like deus ex, but i can't stand it when, in a first person game, the screen indicates I have a shot lined up, but the math says no.

does anyone have any mod suggestions?

if not i can google, but there are so many mods for morrowind out there i wouldnt know where to start for the good ones

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

i want to replay morrowind again, but i think i'd need to mod it so that every hit was a success, and that the skill only influenced the damage.

I don't mind roving target reticles like deus ex, but i can't stand it when, in a first person game, the screen indicates I have a shot lined up, but the math says no.

if not i can google, but there are so many mods for morrowind out there i wouldnt know where to start for the good ones

I used to use a couple good ones.

There was the adventurers mod, which was a big mod that changed a ton of stuff, and made the game much better. Doesn't change the basic % chance to hit though.

There was also the giants mod that added a whole buch of new creatures that made exploring the gameworld a lot more fun (and dangerous).

DOn't know if these are still around though. Haven't gone looking for a long time.

Edit: Here's the giants mods: http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View...tail&id=994

I also found a version of the Adventurers mod at PES, but it looks like a truncated version.

Edited by Slowtrain

Why? In FO3 and NV you don't necessarily hit if you have a shot lined up, either.

There's definitely a few "never miss" mods around if you google, BTB also has an excellent modlist and Morrowind Overhaul should satisfy any graphical needs.

Why? In FO3 and NV you don't necessarily hit if you have a shot lined up, either.

in melee? i've never noticed that.

if you're target about some firearms having some spread when you pull the trigger... well, thats been in games since forever

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

If it was in range and not blocked by punny objects, I've always hit what I had in my crosshair. (edit: Except natural gun-spread that had nothing to do with characters skill, of course.)

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Wasn't it only in VATS-mode, not in the "normal" one? I seem to remember that Todd didn't liked it if his guns don't hit, so actually except their natural spread, they hit.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

either way, there aren't any guns in morrowind so the original comment was pretty irrelevant.

Well, there's still crossbows & regular bows. Try hitting a mudcrab point-blank with 5 in Marksman.

Thing is though, after proper character creating and proper training, it only takes a few levels and you'll never miss in combat again. Not to mention, there's no active blocking & special combo moves in the game, so one might as well keep everything as it is.

E.g. a Redguard with Long blade as primary skill starts with 50. With strength & agility as primary attributes, you'll hardly ever miss in the beginning of the game. With Adrenaline Rush, you can even take on stuff way above your level.

• 2 weeks later...
naughty99 wrote...

some comparison screens - Oblivion compared with Skyrim console (1280x720) graphics

oblivion-skyrimcomparison.jpg

compare3.jpg

compare2.jpg

compare1.jpg

naughty99 wrote...

Orcs from Daggerfall to Skyrim

orccomp.jpg

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.