Deus Ex 3

do want.

it looks almost exactly like i would expect a sequel to deus ex to look like (in the gameplay department) though did anyone notice he didnt need to pick any locks or use any tools to operate the breaker box?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I only wish all the items wouldn't highlight unless they were in arms reach when the cursor is hovering over them. But maybe it will actually be so in the PC version ... or someone will mod it in eventually. :thumbsup:

1.13 killed off Ja2.

I only wish all the items wouldn't highlight unless they were in arms reach when the cursor is hovering over them. But maybe it will actually be so in the PC version ... or someone will mod it in eventually. :thumbsup:

Yeah If there is an option to turn that crap off would be tremendous. As well as properly scaling the UI on the PC port. I hate console GIGANTO TEXT.

I'll probably win the Lotto before any of those 2 happen.

What I really hate about console ports is the constant "Press Left Mouse button", "Press Spacebar", "Press Q" each time you can interact with something like the entire game is one giant tutorial. This nearly ruined an otherwise great game like Arkham Asylum, without the option of turning it off.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

That HUD definitely gets cluttered and ugly when the prompts show up. And I can now see why some people don't like the highlight. It's just awkward when he's climbing a glowing ladder.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Really looks like Alpha Protocol, except graphics are prettier and the UI is freaking horrible. LOOK AT ME LOOK AT ME THIS IS A DOOR THIS IS WHEN YOU PRESS X LOOK LOOK

Pritchard also is really lifeless and sounds like Tutorial Man #1, but that's only one guy. The core gameplay looks fun.

The worst thing was that object glow. Holy crap that was awful. Is that really neccessary? Is the core audience of this game so dumb that they need every useable object highlighted? Man, I hope that low is optional. Or they at least turn down the brightness a litttle.

ALso, overall, not particularly impressive in any way.

Thief and DX1 did it better. ANd they didn't look as bland either.

I also hope those "take down" cutscenes are optional.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I also hope those "take down" cutscenes are optional.

I hope that they are alternating.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

If you do perform a takedown, you will go into a 3rd person view of it. They will be different as you do them depending on the context.. ie; objects around you and exactly where the opponent is.

The key thing you control is whether it's going to be lethal or non...

But yes, the 3rd person cutscene is always going to happen from whats been said.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

But yes, the 3rd person cutscene is always going to happen from whats been said.

That's too bad.

It's not that they are particularly bad in and of themselves, but it's going to get real old real fast having to sit through them every time you do a takedown.

One thing game developers don't quite seem to understand is that no matter how incredibly cool something is the first time, it becomes eye gouging a thousand repititions later.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

That's too bad.

It's not that they are particularly bad in and of themselves, but it's going to get real old real fast having to sit through them every time you do a takedown.

One thing game developers don't quite seem to understand is that no matter how incredibly cool something is the first time, it becomes eye gouging a thousand repititions later.

I think that's one of the reasons they've tried to make it context sensitive. It won't be the same takedown every time. Sensitive to where the opponent is, if he's sitting down, standing close to a wall, to a door, in the middle of a corridor.. if you're in front of them, behind them, to the side..

It's not a cutscene sequence. It's in-game, just switching to the 3rd person view exactly as it does when you go into cover/stealth sequences.

I'm not sure exactly how well it'll stand up through the whole game..but it doesn't look that bad.

I think the 3rd person view is silly and interrupts the gameplay - I really liked how in AP or Hitman, etc I could do a takedown smoothly all the while moving, and even as teh character is performing the animation I'm watching out for any witnesses. The 3rd person stuff doesn't even look 'cool'. It's a minor issue though.

Main challenge will be level design - bit shown was OK - and then there are a few things like how incredibly blind and deaf the guards seemed to be there, and we have also yet to see if the AI's any better. AP's wasn't the best but it did interesting things sometimes, we'll see how DX3 does.

It'd be nice to see a bit more because just that small bit seems pretty mediocre.

I think it looked generally good (except the glowing bits as you all already pointed out, with more or less vitriol). But I was a little surprised by how relatively simple this game looked graphically. I don't know why, but I was kind of expecting this game to be a graphical powerhouse, much like the Assassin's Creed games have been. Deus Ex 3 looks a little flat.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I think it looked generally good (except the glowing bits as you all already pointed out, with more or less vitriol). But I was a little surprised by how relatively simple this game looked graphically. I don't know why, but I was kind of expecting this game to be a graphical powerhouse, much like the Assassin's Creed games have been. Deus Ex 3 looks a little flat.

To be fair it was PS3 graphics, I'm expecting PC to run much higher.

Does anyone knows if the port will support Gamepad?

Edited by Orogun01
I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Deus Ex 3 looks a little flat.

I guess that billion dollar trailer that no game could ever duplicate visually has its downside.

To be the voice of the hopeful optimist rather then the usual jaded cynic...

All the game journalist previews of the opening sequence and first mission seemed to talk about the great background visuals and pretty things going on around you as you play...

To be the voice of the hopeful optimist rather then the usual jaded cynic...

All the game journalist previews of the opening sequence and first mission seemed to talk about the great background visuals and pretty things going on around you as you play...

To be the voice of the cynic...

Game journalist are often untrustworthy, since their reviews exalt games which often don't deserve praise and they downplay the flaws to the point where it's 90%, 7% conclusion, 3% critique. The few that I could trust are all gone now, so I've have to go by my own research rather than critics.

That said I would agree that the graphics are great.

village_idiot.gif

Regarding highlighting

Non, elle fait partie de l'exp

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

... i don't really believe that. :/

I barely noticed the boxes that were highlighted.

village_idiot.gif

... i don't really believe that. :/

Yeah, me neither. It's really easy to notice and if playtesters don't report that issue, then you have to question the whole purpose of the playtesting. I mean no.1 whine in various forums about this game is - highlighted items! Playtesting is not just tracking bugs, it's also important to see how different feature work.. or in this case, don't work.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.