Deus Ex 3

not going to google. sounds sketchy.

guy looked like a creep. or a soccer player.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I just reconfirmed my pre-order after my old cc went invalid, pretty good considering I ordered it six months ago and nothing released so far has put me off.

*edit* is it wrong to get excited over a slot based inventory?

Edited by WDeranged

tetris inventory gives me the happies

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

And it was nice to finally see the pc version and some further detail on the hacking side of it all.. :blink:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Hacking does look sort of cool, I admit.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

An interesting preview of the first 10 hours: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/05/11...x-3/#more-59083 Sounds good, sucks about the forced bosses though.

And a Q&A from Eurogamer: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-05-...olution-preview

Edited by Wrath of Dagon

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Never trust previews. I mean, I've got it pre-ordered, but it's not uncommon for there to be glowing previews for mediocre games.

I think it'll at least be good. But I'll be skeptical about it being as good as the previews imply.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Everything I'm reading about HR points out it will be an awesome game, yet I don't feel any anticipation for it. No magic, nothing, it's just not there.

Because you have no soul? :shifty: Or just general game-anticipation burnout and disapointment from other releases....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

A bit boring to hear about it, does look worth playing - maybe for the release price, even!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Everything I'm reading about HR points out it will be an awesome game, yet I don't feel any anticipation for it. No magic, nothing, it's just not there.

Because you have no soul? :shifty: Or just general game-anticipation burnout and disapointment from other releases....

Yeah, burn out for me. I won't believe it until I actually play it.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

• 2 weeks later...

I love the way "leak" is used in conjuction with these pirate releases, kind of gives them an underground stick-it-up-to-the-man revolutionary credibility, doesn't it?

(not really)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Hm, not sure it's a pirate release. Did any scene group actually do anything to it (hence making it a release) ? In any event, wonder what kind of internal probes they'll run for this (if it's not planned as part of some insidious and therefore highly unlikely plan to generate publicity and expose features to criticism under the aegis of being a beta release).

Hm, not sure it's a pirate release. Did any scene group actually do anything to it (hence making it a release) ? In any event, wonder what kind of internal probes they'll run for this (if it's not planned as part of some insidious and therefore highly unlikely plan to generate publicity and expose features to criticism under the aegis of being a beta release).

It's not a demo, it's being released via torrent, I think it qualifies as pirate. If it's actually made by the dev team, power to them for trying to get indirect feedback.

I do think that those guys know what to do with it, although I doubt any publisher would approve of a move like that.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

It's not a demo, it's being released via torrent, I think it qualifies as pirate. If it's actually made by the dev team, power to them for trying to get indirect feedback.

I do think that those guys know what to do with it, although I doubt any publisher would approve of a move like that.

Was being silly about it being an actual release with crack etc. by a group :sorcerer:

Looks like it's worth trying. Bunch of people on the official forum talking about it, reception seems positive.