Deus Ex 3

Hm, so that recent interview they made mention that some of the inspiration for the hacking minigame came from the Shadowrun pen n paper...

Forget the words, any indication on how it plays ? :ermm:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Would it be sacrilege to wish for a remake of DX 1 with the gameplay & graphics of DX: Human Revolution? o:)

Depends how DX:HR's gameplay will turn out... :shrugz:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Would it be sacrilege to wish for a remake of DX 1 with the gameplay & graphics of DX: Human Revolution? o:)

Why would you, when there is this: http://www.offtopicproductions.com/hdtp/

I like their work, but that mod is the Duke Nukem Forever of mods. As far as I know, they have been 99% ready for about two years now.

All work on HDTP has stopped a while back. Right now the DNF of mods is Black Mesa.

http://vividgamer.com/2011/03/25/highlight...ld-be-optional/

Eidos is listening to their forums goers, as user Graeme mapped out why that feature is bugging him so much. Instead of just telling him that it was wrong or banning him from the forums, they

http://vividgamer.com/2011/03/25/highlight...ld-be-optional/

Eidos is listening to their forums goers, as user Graeme mapped out why that feature is bugging him so much. Instead of just telling him that it was wrong or banning him from the forums, they

Perkele, tiädäksää tuanoini!

"It's easier to tolerate idiots if you do not consider them as stupid people, but exceptionally gifted monkeys."

Weird not seeing that as stickied.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

All work on HDTP has stopped a while back. Right now the DNF of mods is Black Mesa.

I tried a version of the HDTP a few years ago, and I didn't like it at all. While the individual updated items might look good in pictures, in the actual game they don't look right at all. They just don't match the rest of the environment.

As much as I'd like the highlighting to work like the original DX and all the complaining to result in EM changing it, that thread hasn't been sticked and there is nothing to suggest the devs are paying any attention.

How did object highlighting work in DX?

Was it a bounding box in the HUD around the object with a text description? Or was that System SHock 2? Or something else.

I can't remember.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Was it a bounding box in the HUD around the object with a text description?

Yeah, though I was thinking more of it only appearing around one object at a time, and only when close to it. I'm fine with the glow.

I'm fine with the glow.

Its not the end of the world, but it seems a bit heavy-handed.

Less is more.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I tried a version of the HDTP a few years ago, and I didn't like it at all. While the individual updated items might look good in pictures, in the actual game they don't look right at all. They just don't match the rest of the environment.

That's cause it's a demo. In the full version all objects are supposed to be HD, and then they wont look out of place, especially when using high-res textures from New Vision, combined with DX9/DX10 renderers.

But let's see when that happens... *not too hopeful :(*

800px-TNMWalkthrough10.jpg

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Thanks.

My memory was better than I thought.

Definitely prefer the bounding box plus text lable over the fiery glow. :(

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the latest Ask JJB, and they have one of the writers there..

Who makes a point about how you have to write the story that meshes with gameplay. Because everything in the game medium has to be united with the story to actually work.

Which makes a nice comparison to that DA2 writer who would prefer gameplay could be skipped... :lol:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Which makes a nice comparison to that DA2 writer who would prefer gameplay could be skipped... :shifty:

The key difference being that Mary Marle is the lead writer for DX3, whose precise job is to make sure that happens, and the person with the idiotic opinions the internet hate machine met with glee is just one of the writing peons. When I have Dave Gaider say the same thing as his subordinate did, I'll be the first to throw a conniption fit.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Good PR line by their writer, heh. Also, it's getting to be like Volourn.

The key difference being that Mary Marle is the lead writer for DX3, whose precise job is to make sure that happens, and the person with the idiotic opinions the internet hate machine met with glee is just one of the writing peons. When I have Dave Gaider say the same thing as his subordinate did, I'll be the first to throw a conniption fit.

I think it's the balanced mixture of having that attitude while working even as a writing peon in the game industry, and not thinking about how that sort of soundbyte could come across when she said it.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

• 2 weeks later...

Sarcasm failure?

That was real, just added some modified parts. You know, like every TV show these days does.

I don't hope there are too many of them in DX:HR though. Actually, more none at all...

^