Deus Ex 3

Yes, definitive worth buying. Gives a DX1 vibe and one can feel that they tried to please the DX1 crowd. The only issue one has to get used to first is that gold colortone over the whole game.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I love the way "leak" is used in conjuction with these pirate releases, kind of gives them an underground stick-it-up-to-the-man revolutionary credibility, doesn't it?

Was this supposed to be a joke? A preview build was put on torrent sites, of course people would talk about "leaks" instead of just talking about normal piracy. :(

Anyway impressions seem positive about this leak, though there's some criticism. The game is not really at a stage where people can comment on technical features or control schemes though, so those have to be taken with more of a grain of salt.

Overall, I'm heartened, but I'll wait a bit on this, having another DX game suck would be too much of a blow for me, so I better be sure it doesn't. :lol:

The build definitive still has interface issues, like subtitles in cutscenes being shown under the 16:9 black border (lol) or that the mouse doesn't correctly point on interface elements in the hacking screen, etc. But overal it has a pretty good quality already--- Not a big surprise, though, as it's a press preview build and imagine they would send the press some buggy ass****.

I really thought DX3 will be bull****, but so far it has convinced me. Have to say that it seems like there isn't a lot story progress in the first 10 hours, though. You are mostly running around, searching for clues, etc. It's pretty much the buildup for some bigger conspiricy. It all reminds quite a lot of Hells Kitchen and Deus Ex 1. Most likely the devs took lots of inspiration here, to make it feel like a follow up to DX1. Now the real question is, if the games quality will hold on even after the preview build part.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

DX3 is a strange one. So many things I've seen I get positive vibes from, and the game looks very solid in video, but just am not excited about it for whatever reason. We'll see.

Is it still scheduled for August release? The leaked build would probably be from an earlier period (e.g. March), but should still be a good indication.

By the way, in the preview

Is a guy called "J-D" mentioned. But I don't think it's the DX1 JD. But there is also Joseph Manderley named - more than once, in e-mails and in other places.

Was this supposed to be a joke? A preview build was put on torrent sites, of course people would talk about "leaks" instead of just talking about normal piracy. :teehee:

No. Why is this abnormal? Seems to be current trend, just like crysis 2, iirc.

Edited by Nepenthe

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Was this supposed to be a joke? A preview build was put on torrent sites, of course people would talk about "leaks" instead of just talking about normal piracy. :teehee:

No. Why is this abnormal? Seems to be current trend, just like crysis 2, iirc.

Pretty much every new big name release this gen.

Convenient too, generate buzz, any and all flaws can be written off as "early build issues" and you get feedback (if that's a concern).

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So you mean this leak was a marketing plot on purpose?

Much more likely it's a result of outsourcing QA to cheap labor countries.

Apparently it got nabbed due to a Steam account violation. Hm.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Augmentation and hacking look... different. Kinda cool (it's running on the E3 stream this second and it should be up later on gametrailers)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

My only issue with this game is that I have absolutely no idea what is included in which version. As I understand, there is some difference between the U.S. and Euro Augmented editions, as in the latter should include all the in-game content the Collector's edition has. I just get a deep feeling of confusion when I try to look at this, and I'm also a bit surprised I'm not seeing anything apart from the regular edition available for order in Finland. (Which is why I have it preordered from Amazon, hooray for getting it a week late).

Edit: Reply to myself, apparently the European Augmented edition has everything that the CE has, apart from the action figure. Still kind of stumped why even the augmented seems to be so limited in availability.

Edited by Nepenthe

My only issue with this game is that I have absolutely no idea what is included in which version. As I understand, there is some difference between the U.S. and Euro Augmented editions, as in the latter should include all the in-game content the Collector's edition has.

Euro/Aus Augmented edition has all extras*. Collector's edition comes with an Adam Jensen figure, but otherwise is the same as the Augmented edition.

US Augmented edition comes with Explosive Mission Pack if bought if from Gamestop, or Tactical Enhancement Pack if bought anywhere else. There is no US Collector's edition.

*Explosive Mission Pack: Tong's Rescue mission, grenade launcher, remote explosive device and auto unlocking device + Tactical Enhancement Pack: shotgun, silenced sniper rifle and sweet cash

I wonder how long that mission is. Plus, I find it a bit annoying that an extra mission (even if it was cut out of the game before) is reintegrated as a preorder bonus only.

Thanks for confirming that, Hell Kitty. Getting this both for PC and PS3, in the hopes of getting a new rig during this year.

Thanks for confirming that, Hell Kitty. Getting this both for PC and PS3, in the hopes of getting a new rig during this year.

Honestly, I don't think you'll need an uber rig for this. I'd bet your current one would play it fine.

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

Honestly, I don't think you'll need an uber rig for this. I'd bet your current one would play it fine.

Maybe so, but it's not just a question of performance, I have just my surfing/typewriting rig at the moment (and it's a mac, so I have to boot into windows and lose impressive stretches of uptime;) so using a console version is much less of a hassle. I'm planning on getting a dedicated gaming rig this autumn, where I dont have to consider good useability and low power drain to the same degree.

Haha, they deleted his post ?

I'm pretty sure we're not discussing pirating, hacking and other illegal activities on a game company's forum.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I'm pretty sure we're not discussing pirating, hacking and other illegal activities on a game company's forum.

You could've grabbed mine while you were at it, it's kind of off-the-cuff now :*

hacking in this game reminds me of Shadowrun for Genesis. and I believe that's the only right way to do hacking in a video game. AP failed miserably at it, so did both ME games. E3 actually made me very interested in DE:HR, I wonder if it'll just improve on AP's formula or if it'll be a completely different game (though I haven't played any Splinter Cell games, maybe both AP and DE took pointers from those)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.