What you did today

Gorth

I... am working at McD's again *sigh*

Hopefully I can pick up the Gamestop job at the end of the month

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I... am working at McD's again *sigh*

Hopefully I can pick up the Gamestop job at the end of the month

And to you I would point out that McDs is at least at the top end of the fast food system. You aren't working in KFC after all.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Still hurting like hell from the wisdom tooth extraction yesterday. Still, the day hasn't been too bad but could barely get any sleep. Also had a slight fever from it today.

Normally very resistant to pain so this is really annoying me. But at least bleeding has stopped and I think it's gonna feel better soon

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I ate a very hot stir fry late last night and consequently (I hope) had the most vivid post-zombie-apocalypse dream of my life. I had to go back to sleep when I woke up just to get some rest.

All the same, it was pretty cool. Being chased down a graveyard slope through mist and watching zombies get tripped up and break their snappy bits was probably the highlight. That and the air vents section. Air vents full of sodding gaming fanboy zombies.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Having fun with coworkers by not saying a word at all to them. Just nodding if they ask me something or talking to them via email rather than going 4 feet to talk to them. :lol:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Having fun with coworkers by not saying a word at all to them. Just nodding if they ask me something or talking to them via email rather than going 4 feet to talk to them. :lol:

Um... you either have some seriously marketable skills, or you're being an eedjit. It's neither wise nor kind to be an asshat.

-Elwood Blues

How's that being an asshat ? Most of the conversations here are meaningless chit chat, and my task right now doesn't involve anyone here at all - it's all document reading for going on site. And the email is still communicating in any case :)

Edited by Malcador

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Meaningless chit chat may be void of content, but as a matter of social signals, it is certainly not meaningless. And being "that antisocial dude" in an office is not a good way to ensure job security (or happiness, for that matter).

Maybe. At a place where people can socialize. Came back with pizza, teammate says "So, got pizza for lunch ?" :p

In any event, is just a fun little activity for myself for today only. Quite well aware of the BS you have to do at work.

My computer fans are dusty again

Is that a euphemism?

-Elwood Blues

Kind of felt like I've been half-sleepwalking through the last couple of days. I finally got to have a lay-in this morning and damn it was hard pusing into full consciousness and getting out of bad.

So most of the morning was already passed by the time I managed that. Still, onto the rest of the weekend..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

For the sake of background; I live on the countryside.

My waterpump is going fubar.. did some washing yesterday, and today when I woke up and wanted to start making some coffee, I had basically no waterpressure, went down into the basement and found that the pressure regulator is glitchy. So I forced the relay to kick on and off a few times and turned the power back on, went "fine", though it sounded like a bloody grinder.

Went back upstairs, made some coffee and with great dread and despair I went into the shower. Never before have I hated my long hair as much as I do now. Just when I started rinsing the waterpressure started to drop again. >_<

Civilization, in fact, grows more and more maudlin and hysterical; especially under democracy it tends to degenerate into a mere combat of crazes; the whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, most of them imaginary. - H.L. Mencken

Is that a euphemism?

Has to be. We all know that Bok's system is of such intensity that it can only be kept at sub-meltdown temperatures with rapidly circulated unicorn blood.

Is that a euphemism?

Has to be. We all know that Bok's system is of such intensity that it can only be kept at sub-meltdown temperatures with rapidly circulated unicorn blood.

I could go for some dusty unicorn's blood right now. With tabasco.

-Elwood Blues

Is that a euphemism?

Really? I though that he also had to grind up fairies to throw in there too.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I've always wanted to lean how to play guitar, so I have all this spare time on my hands I figured I'd give it a shot. I bought two books and a book CD combo about teaching yourself to play then a went out and bought a Yamaha FG730 which someone told me was a really good one. I'm still not sure about that. But I have been making progress. I've mastered most of the chords and my fingering is getting faster. But there is one thing holding me back. My fingers hurt. They really really really hurt. I'm assuming thats normal though. I've found that bourbon does a lot to dull the pain. It also improves your playing, or at least your opinion of it anyway.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

I've always wanted to lean how to play guitar, so I have all this spare time on my hands I figured I'd give it a shot. I bought two books and a book CD combo about teaching yourself to play then a went out and bought a Yamaha FG730 which someone told me was a really good one. I'm still not sure about that. But I have been making progress. I've mastered most of the chords and my fingering is getting faster. But there is one thing holding me back. My fingers hurt. They really really really hurt. I'm assuming thats normal though. I've found that bourbon does a lot to dull the pain. It also improves your playing, or at least your opinion of it anyway.

Your fingers will hurt less and less as you develop callouses on your finger tips

Doing my computer science project: Connect 4... in Java!

Also decided that instead of transferring to university this autumn; I'll do it next spring. A semester off is what I've wanted to do for ages.

Java..hissssssss. Must be my C-nazi coworkers influencing me. :D

My weekend is reading up on some bank's processes. Yip-****in-eee.

Edited by Malcador

Your fingers will hurt less and less as you develop callouses on your finger tips

Is my guitar a decent one? Seems solid and sounds nice to me but I know next to nothing about such things.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell

Is my guitar a decent one? Seems solid and sounds nice to me but I know next to nothing about such things.

I have the same, it really is a nice one. You just have to break it in to get those smooth notes, play until it relaxes.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Is that a euphemism?

Really? I though that he also had to grind up fairies to throw in there too.

Haha yes gotta love geek life, stay home and benchmark ur comp all day till it blows up