Dragon Age 2

Darque

But what concerns me more is I didn't see a buff bar anywhere.

Not sure what you're talking about.

You know in the first dragon age when you cast a sustained spell there would be a little icon that shows what is going on? I didn't see any of those. So if you wanted to check the status of a different character you had to manually switch characters to do so.

Some of those show up under the health/mana/stamina bars. Not sure which.

And talking about the bars, THANK GOD they fixed that at least, I can't count the amount of times I died in DAO because I couldn't see my active characters current health due to the idiotic GUI. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Art Nouveau: Dragon Age II
According to Matt Goldman, art director for BioWare's Dragon Age II, being generic was an actual design principle for the Dragon Age: Origins art team. While Goldman didn't direct the art department that worked on Origins, he's familiar with the instructions the former team was given: "Actually, the design creative was 'it's generic,' which isn't the most inspirational direction that you could give a team."

That is truly hilarious. Bioware is now like a parody of itself.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/141/index/6194280

Dragon Age 2 Physical PC/Mac DRM are as follows:

* No disc check, you do not need the disc in drive to play.

* No limit on the total number of PCs you can install the game on.

* There is a limit to the number of unique/different PCs that can play the game within a time window (if online) [5 PCs in 24hrs].

* After each new install there is a 1-time online check needed the next time you play, requiring a log in to your EA account to verify game ownership. If you are a member of these forums, you already have an EA account

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Art Nouveau: Dragon Age II
According to Matt Goldman, art director for BioWare's Dragon Age II, being generic was an actual design principle for the Dragon Age: Origins art team. While Goldman didn't direct the art department that worked on Origins, he's familiar with the instructions the former team was given: "Actually, the design creative was 'it's generic,' which isn't the most inspirational direction that you could give a team."

That is truly hilarious. Bioware is now like a parody of itself.

I think this finally explains the condom-teeth hats for mages; some artist got totally fed up with generic and decided to boldly go where no man has gone before.

This post is not to be enjoyed, discussed, or referenced on company time.

I will say that the demo didn't adress any of the fears that I had about the game being less deep. An hour or so of combat split up by Mass Effects lousy dialogue system. Whoop di doo. The Diablo 2 skill tree didn't help.

Edited by Oerwinde
The area between the balls and the butt is a hotbed of terrorist activity.

Devastatorsig.jpg

* You can play offline thereafter - the game will NOT require any subsequent login checks. If online, a game ownership check happens each time you play.

Ah, they went back on the DRM weekly on-line checks. Cheers for internet griping!

Bethany isn't dead enough. I've heard of that happening, her popping up and down during/after cutscenes. Never paid attention to it, myself.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Bethany isn't dead enough. I've heard of that happening, her popping up and down during/after cutscenes. Never paid attention to it, myself.

I was going to say that the PC mage has about 8 times the health as the two warriors in the party.

I was going to say that the PC mage has about 8 times the health as the two warriors in the party.

If I had to guess, I'd say the PC mage is stuck in "legend" mode.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Some things better than expected, some worse.

Graphics. Bad as it was shown in previous screenshots. Only characters got more attention and they are still not good enough.

Skill-system. After someone's screams that it was killed I've expected something in ME2 style, but no, it's same level as DAO's system. I would like to see more though.

Camera. Why the hell I cannot use mouse to rotate it? And this fixed view...

Style. Main menu and intro have it, but in other places it was changed by something different.

Good to see some class-determined cutscenes and dialogs, always like it in games.

Suddenly voice actors are almost emotionless, I just cannot feel drama when they look on it like it happens every week.

Anyway game doesn't look like an AAA project. That' kinda subjective, I know.

i am SO happy they got rid of the weekly check-in for the DRM. I was going to return my pre-order, now I dont have to.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

2ugctgo.jpg

I'm suprised that Dragon Age 2 demo haven't been DLed more then this by now. Maybe it's sign o' times - majority of the gamers are so casual that demos are something that they barely even know about. I'd like to think it's because Dragon Age 2 demo just ain't that good, but I don't belive such luck :)

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

That counter just counts clicks of the download link. What they're actually going for is sign-ins of EA accounts. So other sites, torrents, and consoles aren't counted by that counter.

They've probably already passed it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

im not downloading the demo, i preordered. if the game sucks then i wont preorder from bioware again. If I only bought games if I liked the demo I would probably never buy anything again. most demos are major suck.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

What's the big deal about the counter anyway ? All the customers get some token or something ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The shadows are inconsistent... player party casts shadows at an angle on the ground, the monster must be an illusion :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Either these people were payed off, or they are complete morons that don't realize that all that BW has done is play around a little with the Warhammer designs. Ohhh and elf with a spiky costume, that's not generic at all.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif