What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

I'll admit I have no idea whats going on. One thing though. Why do I have to chose a 6 second force power from a drop down menu every time I want to use it. That's not very convenient.

It's been a while, so my memory might be faulty. Can't you drag/assign them to number keys?

I'm pretty sure you can. Though much of the interface got dumbed down for the PC sequel, I think they left that alone. But whomever decided to remove keyboard shortcuts to your codex or you quest log is an idiot.

Everything was beautiful. Nothing hurt.

They unlock more dialogue options and interrupts. If you stay neutral you basically haave 0 charisma and will definitely lose a few party member's trust.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I found out that Back to the Future Episode 2 came out yesterday. And Telltale did not send me a notification e-mail for some reason.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

hmm, now that you mention it, that *is* very suspicious

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'll admit I have no idea whats going on. One thing though. Why do I have to chose a 6 second force power from a drop down menu every time I want to use it. That's not very convenient.

It's been a while, so my memory might be faulty. Can't you drag/assign them to number keys?

I'm pretty sure you can. Though much of the interface got dumbed down for the PC sequel, I think they left that alone. But whomever decided to remove keyboard shortcuts to your codex or you quest log is an idiot.

One thing I'm kinda disappointed about. I don't intend to play through this game 6 times, one for every class, and I want force powers, sniper rifles, grenades, cloak, the works, but I can't have it. The leveling trees seem pretty limited for all classes.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

One thing I'm kinda disappointed about. I don't intend to play through this game 6 times, one for every class, and I want force powers, sniper rifles, grenades, cloak, the works, but I can't have it. The leveling trees seem pretty limited for all classes.

Closest to that list you'll get with the Infiltrator, but yeah, they've specifically tried to make the classes (more) different from each other (thn they were in ME1). Class-based RPG, kind of to be expected, really.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

If I remember correctly you get to pick one of your squad members special abilities for yourself after you beat it once. I would always take one of the force powers on my infiltrator. Also, you get to pick up another weapon skill somewhere along in the story I think.

Edited by ShadySands

Free games updated 3/4/21

If I remember correctly you get to pick one of your squad members special abilities after you beat it once.

A bit earlier than that.

Because Vanguard gets the speed burst and Sentinel gets the shield. Cloak is for Infiltrator.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Because Vanguard gets the speed burst and Sentinel gets the shield. Cloak is for Infiltrator.

The journal is a mess. It doesn't sort quests by order received or by completed status. Also the codex should have drop down cards, did you want to read that entry. Press the card instead of just receiving another alphabetical entry you are never gonna look for again. It's quite addictive though. I felt at home when I noticed colonel Thy had a small role as a lowly procurement officer. Deep pockets at Bioware apparently.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

The journal is a mess. It doesn't sort quests by order received or by completed status.

IIRC, there's a toggle between sorting by order/status and alphabetical.

So either Bioware's right in not including toggles, or you're bugging.

I'm playing as an Adept and I have 4 or 5 force power options which are all attacks. Why not make one a speed burst, one a shield buff, one a cloak.. etc. Disappointing. I know you can combine them, but it's kinda hard to do with my cooldown still so long.
There are no "speed bursts" per se, the closest to that are some class-specific abilities (Infiltrator, Soldier, Vanguard) which slow time down for short periods in certain circumstances. Grenades and shield/barrier buffs are special (companion) powers you get to select later on. Cloak is the Infiltrator's trademark move, so for variety's sake, you won't get it unless you mod the game or replay as one. I would suggest you focus on maxing out your class passive skill (the "Adept" tree) first, and then branch out. The cooldown reduction from that and upgrades makes quite a difference.

Combining powers is something you need to figure on your own. Most combinations involve using your companions' powers (which you can drag into your shortcuts so you don't have to pause the game each time you want to use them), especially if you are an Adept. Heavy Singularity + Miranda's Unstable Warp is the Adept's bread and butter, for example. However, you don't really *need* to use spell combos unless you are playing on Hardcore at least, as spamming Throw/Pull works just fine against unprotected mobs - the cooldown is short enough that you can keep them down almost permanently, and ragdolled targets take extra damage. The game is supposedly balanced around Veteran difficulty, but it's only in the higher difficulties that there's some room for tactics and the combat isn't reduced to spamming shockwave and shooting from behind a crate.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Combining powers is something you need to figure on your own. Most combinations involve using your companions' powers (which you can drag into your shortcuts so you don't have to pause the game each time you want to use them), especially if you are an Adept. Heavy Singularity + Miranda's Unstable Warp is the Adept's bread and butter, for example. However, you don't really *need* to use spell combos unless you are playing on Hardcore at least, as spamming Throw/Pull works just fine against unprotected mobs - the cooldown is short enough that you can keep them down almost permanently, and ragdolled targets take extra damage. The game is supposedly balanced around Veteran difficulty, but it's only in the higher difficulties that there's some room for tactics and the combat isn't reduced to spamming shockwave and shooting from behind a crate.

In general, I'd agree with the Veteran statement, but after the pummeling with the nerfbat adepts got for ME2 (down from being totally OP in ME1), it might be a bit... grindy with the adept.

In fact, adept would have been my last choice for playing ME2, it's the only class I haven't beaten the game with yet (nor am I likely to).

In general, I'd agree with the Veteran statement, but after the pummeling with the nerfbat adepts got for ME2 (down from being totally OP in ME1), it might be a bit... grindy with the adept.

In fact, adept would have been my last choice for playing ME2, it's the only class I haven't beaten the game with yet (nor am I likely to).

My bad. I confused Veteran with Normal. I meant to say that the game is supposedly balanced around the level of difficulty where regular mooks don't have shields/barriers. That would be Normal, I think.

And yeah, I don't think *anyone* liked the heavy-handed approach they took wrt biotics and protections, to me it's just lazy design. Among the many changes I've tried is removing the "shields block powers" rule and the game feels genuinely more fun to play as an Adept. Enemies still have a ton of health and hit pretty hard, but stuff like Pull Field is crazy OP, and YMIR/Prime minibosses become a joke.

That said, (spoilers)

. The required level of practice -and reading- for pulling that off is probably beyond what the vast majority of players are willing to invest into a single-player shooter. That's an entirely different discussion, so let's not go there... Edited by 213374U

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

My bad. I confused Veteran with Normal. I meant to say that the game is supposedly balanced around the level of difficulty where regular mooks don't have shields/barriers. That would be Normal, I think.

And yeah, I don't think *anyone* liked the heavy-handed approach they took wrt biotics and protections, to me it's just lazy design. Among the many changes I've tried is removing the "shields block powers" rule and the game feels genuinely more fun to play as an Adept. Enemies still have a ton of health and hit pretty hard, but stuff like Pull Field is crazy OP, and YMIR/Prime minibosses become a joke.

Agreed. I think that the rock/paper/scissor approach they took is fundamentally sound (probably mostly because I would play Sentinels even if it wasn't there), but somehow they failed to adapt the adept (no pun intended - well, maybe a little bit) to this system.

Also, when you discover the pleasures of squad incendiary/inferno ammo, the game starts feeling like it was balanced for veteran/hardcore. :w00t:

Wasn't too impressed with the FWE mod for Fallout 3 and I didn't get very far in the game. Too much micromanaging plus it seems to have broken the karma since I stayed at neutral the short time I played. Moved a backup copy of the game into the Bethseda folder and made that my primary Fallout 3 game. Installed FOOK2.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

My NASCAR career in iRacing isnt going well. I think its something fundamentally uncivilized in perpetually turning left for 50 laps.

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "