What are you playing now?

SteveThaiBinh

15 minute speed run is pretty non-indicative. They use various exploits bypass large sections.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

that's true. but the game still shouldn't take more than 3 hours to complete even on the first try. it's still not a long game by any standards.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Last Borderlands DLC out of the way. Was pretty fun and funny.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

DC Universe Online

It's really fun, the combat is very fluid and there isn't any luls in the midst of the action. Character creation was great, there's so many things you can can choose it took an hour or so just to make my first character they way I want it.

The price is a bit steep but if you're into fast paced superhero action I recommend it.

It feels like an age since I played BG2, it's on my laptop so I'm doing another game with six of my own characters. I'm trying to play the most evil, low rep party possible with some unusual character combos. Using the twinky anti-paladin kit for my main guy.

I've also picked up Dungeons, hoping for Dungeon Keeper 3. It looks nice but it's pretty complicated and the tutorial is rubbish, I might have to read the manual. Apart from that it really, really looks like the original DK, one of my favourite games.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I've also picked up Dungeons, hoping for Dungeon Keeper 3. It looks nice but it's pretty complicated and the tutorial is rubbish, I might have to read the manual. Apart from that it really, really looks like the original DK, one of my favourite games.

I expect an update in a couple of hours from you consisting of little more than swearing and profanities directed at your deity of choice.

I actually don't know if it's good or not. Take my commentary as heresay. Someone linked a review earlier. Or maybe it was another forum member who discussed it. One or the other.

Edited by Tale

I actually don't know if it's good or not. Take my commentary as heresay. Someone linked a review earlier. Or maybe it was another forum member who discussed it. One or the other.

Well, if no game dismissed by a forum member was worth playing, none of us would be doing any gaming at all. :)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Well, if no game dismissed by a forum member was worth playing, none of us would be doing any gaming at all. :)

That's why listening to only me shows wisdom.

Dead Space 2 was $40.00 on Amazon last week, so I picked it up. The gameplay's nothing new (having played the first game and the seriously underrated Exctraction), but I weep at the feet of its production values. I've sometimes thought that the dominant aesthetic of videogames is the deformation of the human form, and boy golly is this one heck of an explicit example thereof.

Playing various emulators on the big tv, I really should have got a DVI-HDMI lead ages ago, Sonic looks glorious with massive, cleanly scaled pixels all over his face.
What emulators/systems are working best for you? I have tried this too, but I'm generally disappointed with the results. Final Fantasy VI or Super Metroid look fine on my netbook, but I blast these up on my 42" 1080 and I can barely see past the giant pixel blobs regardless of which filters I apply.

A dull boy.

I'm contemplating caving into popularity and buying MvC3 on my way home... upside is I will have a new game to play, downside is that for the next 3 months I will be consumed with a game that will make me angry more frequently than happy.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'm thinking about doing a Bruce Campbell run of Dragon Age: Origins. The only question is "which Bruce?"

The Bruce!

Bruce Campbell ™

Or Bruce Campbell?

Edited by Tale

Trying my Bruce Campbell run of DAO and now that I'm playing with a relatively strict character idea, it's clear how limited the choices often are.

Edited by Tale

Still enjoying New Vegas. And by enjoying I mean LOVING.

BTW, think I've found a perfect examplar of Obsidian's edge over Bethesda, although it's quite low key. Just have a chat to Sergeant Bitter Root. No quest, no cheesy kit, just an arresting personal story which may or may not combine with other stories later to paint a picture of life and history in the mojave.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

"which Bruce?"

The Bruce!

Bruce Campbell

Or Bruce Campbell?

oh come on! I know you want to tell everybody about the differences between these three :)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

"which Bruce?"

The Bruce!

Bruce Campbell ™

Or Bruce Campbell?

oh come on! I know you want to tell everybody about the differences between these three :)

The Bruce! is Ash from Army of Darkness. Anti-hero. Seduces women, smartass, doesn't have the patience for your mumbo jumbo, and kicks ass.

Bruce Campbell ™ is Bruce Campbell from My Name is Bruce. Raging alcoholic, delusional, and self-obsessed B-movie actor who lives in a van. Abject coward.

Bruce Campbell is... well, the actual Bruce Campbell. Decent guy with a good sense of humor.

I'm doing The Bruce! with some occasional cowardice when the option is presented.

Edited by Tale