FO: NV (DLC)

Rosbjerg

Crimson, have you played anything but New Vegas since it launched?

Yes.

I played (some of, haven't finished) Amensia and of course old fave games, some of which I bought on GoG so I could play them on Win7.

But no "new" games, if that's what you're asking. The past 3 years I haven't bought many "new" games at all. I can list all the ones I've bought on one hand.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Crimson, have you played anything but New Vegas since it launched?

Yes.

I played (some of, haven't finished) Amensia and of course old fave games, some of which I bought on GoG so I could play them on Win7.

But no "new" games, if that's what you're asking. The past 3 years I haven't bought many "new" games at all. I can list all the ones I've bought on one hand.

I guess that's satisfactory. If you hadn't played anything else, I was going to have to start a pool.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I guess that's satisfactory. If you hadn't played anything else, I was going to have to start a pool.

I keep wanting a new game, but nothing ever appeals. I've reached a point where sequels/prequels to fave games don't work for me, and I don't like all the CoD/action type stuff that's the rage now. Most of the time if I buy a game it sits uninstalled or I never even come close to finishing it so I stopped buying. I bought FNV on a lark because it's Obsidian & because you all were talking about it - got lucky that I actually liked it so much.

So now I just...play the few I do like. And as much as I've been waiting for it, it oesn't bode well for Diablo3, for me, frankly. :(o:)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Uhh.jpg

Uhh..

That's not so bad, that's only 100 more hours than me. I think I have more DAO hours, actually.

But I did fall asleep while the game was running once or twice.

It's 10 days straight. lol-

I think Medieval Total war still has it beat though.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I keep wanting a new game, but nothing ever appeals. I've reached a point where sequels/prequels to fave games don't work for me, and I don't like all the CoD/action type stuff that's the rage now. Most of the time if I buy a game it sits uninstalled or I never even come close to finishing it so I stopped buying. I bought FNV on a lark because it's Obsidian & because you all were talking about it - got lucky that I actually liked it so much.

So now I just...play the few I do like. And as much as I've been waiting for it, it oesn't bode well for Diablo3, for me, frankly. :(:lol:

At least you're trying. And that's important.

I haven't played it in a few weeks.

DLCs + patches really that bad? I know the current patch breaks the Autosave.

post-1458-1306536221_thumb.jpg

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Fallout 3 got progressively worse with every patch+dlc, once upon a time VATS was instant, the game was more stable and...you could target grenades mid flight :shifty:

New Vegas is building on very shaky ground, I really hope they manage to sort this out before I come back to the game, I intentionally left quite a lot of stuff undone for this last playthrough.

Cheery thought: given the tremendous success of the franchise, presumably there's an outside chance that someone will invest in a decent engine for the next big leap.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Considering that Bethesda (or Zenimax) bought ID Software and ID are busy making their own post-apocalyptic title, chances are they might cooperate on the next Fallout engine. I actually think that's a match made in heaven: ID tech and Bethesda games.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Yeh, all that "we use a new engine!" fuzz is kind of overhyped. The engine might turn out to be better than their Gamebryo version, but in it's core and style it's still the same.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Keeeping things the same _from the player perspective_ is sensible. But do you mean more than that?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Can't say how bad it will be in the end, as we didn't saw it live yet. :lol:

But judging by the screenshots and video snippets, at least to me it looks really the same. Just with better lightning, enviromental shadows and animations, while the better animations could have been done with current gamebryo already. I still can see where they painted textures on the ground and where extra 3d models have been placed in the gameworld, etc. It's still lacking a smoother border.

Who knows, maybe it will turn out to be some super great new thing. But for now I have my doubts about it.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Seems pretty clear that they're going to work with the Creation Engine (which is really just a retooled Gamebryo).

How is that clear? They had already been working on Skyrim for a couple of years when they got access to ID technology, so it's no wonder that title is still using Gamebryo legacy code. But we don't know much about Fallout 4 yet. In fact, we don't even know if they have started on it! Although it would be stupid of them not to..

Maybe they will use the Skyrim engine or maybe they will use ID's (yet unproven) new tech. I'm hoping for the latter.

How is that clear?

They're pimping the Creation Engine, they've already stated that the new iD Engine doesn't work for open-world games and, most importantly, they've been working with the tools they have (which are clearly geared towards making the type of games they make) for almost a decade.

As with everything besides death I can't be 100% sure about it, but I think it's reasonable to assume that they won't scrap the Creation (should I just keep calling it Gamebryo?) engine after Skyrim.

...they've already stated that the new iD Engine doesn't work for open-world games...

I was under the impression that Rage was open-world. Do you have a source for that?

Since Bethesda supposedly "internally developed" Creation Engine, wouldn't it lead to legal problems if it is in reality a refurbished Gamebryo?

I don't think so? As far as I'm aware, Gamebryo was just the renderer part anyway and it was already heavily modified for Oblivion first and Fallout 3 after, at a certain point there was just so little original called that they called it with another name. Gamebryo's original company has folded anyway.

@mkreku: The engine can't even handle global dynamic lighting and day-night cycles. It's simply not suited to the type of games Bethesda games. As for RAGE itself, it's my understanding that it's not an open world game, although it will feature vast areas, but I can't find much info right now (nor I have time for an in-depth search) so take it with a grain of salt.

If you've played with your .ini files for performance reasons, and you're having crashes since the patch/HH, you might want to try changing them back to default.

I had altered the Havok thread settings not too long ago to see what they did, if anything...curiosity more than necessity. Didn't notice too much, forgot about it. When I changed it back to default...well, I haven't had a single crash since. Make of that what you will.

i thought rage was going to be like borderlands. big levels, but not exactly "open world" ala oblivion

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

loonyboi: Confirmed! Took a few tries, but both Honest Hearts and the @Qore with Old World Blues preview are available NOW on PSN. Go go go!

Where is the YT version? :lol:

Three coat concepts? Intriguing. I would wager that won't make it into the DLC, but nontheless.