FO: NV (DLC)

Rosbjerg

I played for a couple hours, but after some indecisiveness over what I would bring (FYI, the weight limit is 75, but can be raised to 100 if you pass some dialogue checks with the characters you meet in the cave) I've only gotten so far that I've met Graham and heard his story.

I'm looking forward to exploring the Narrows, because I've actually done that walk IRL. (I've been to other parts of Zion, too, but that was about 18 years ago and the Narrows is the part I remember best. Something about a rather long hike through a narrow canyon in knee-to-waist-high water with many signs relaying flash flood warnings tends to stick in the mind.)

The pair of Fallout 1-2 references you get from talking to the other caravan guards before departing both had me laughing.

Bah, I had to restart. :lol:

I'd read about the opening problem that causes you to Fail & ruins the whole thing, essentially....and thought I'd avoided it but no. The descriptions I'd read weren't clear enough and so I must've accidentally hit the NPC guy and then in the ensuing fight just thought he was an enemy - didn't notice the FAIL QUEST message (since I have the GUI set to be very faint).

So when you cross the first bridge, don't shoot, just wait. Then you're fine.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I did the exact same mistake. I shot them both and then a bunch of quests started popping up as failed..

I played for too long yesterday so I guess I liked it. I've just started exploring the place though so I don't know what to expect. But one of the first things I did was get up on a look-out.. and the landscape sure does look enticing. Well done, Obsidian!

Now I only have to work for eight more hours and I can resume my playing.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

lolz, had exactly the same problem and didn't noticed it. It's because that dude shoot at me... at least it looked like that, so my reflex was to send some ammo into his head. I only noticed this 10 minutes later because of my quest arrow that pointed to a task from which I heard nothing about. It just made no sense to me, so I restarted... Second time I nearly killed him again, because *again* it looked like he is shooting at me. Then he opened the dialog screen and all was clear for me.

Good that I still had an autosave-- because I forgot to make a real savepoint before starting the dlc.

What I find uber annoying is Grahams looping animation on the weapon table. As you can't even see him talking (because you can't see his mouth), it looks so unreal and annoying... The same animation over and over again while you hear someone talking.

The beginning was really good, though. The background information on the tribes, etc. The 80s, White Legs and so on. This is what I like, I want more background information on everything. :>

/Edit: Btw. I've created the ending slides text page on The Vault wiki already. HH has lots of more (end)text and slides than DM, which is also pretty cool.

/Edit

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Waiting for all of the DLCs to get released so they can get a GOTY released with everything on disk. :lol:

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I didn't have trouble with meeting the first NPC, but I see how you could if you weren't looking in the right direction. I caught just enough of the animation of the dude who had been shooting at me getting whacked from behind to conclude that the guy standing alone up there may not be my enemy.

(One thing about Follows-Chalk: When he's following you, his dialogue options don't seem to have an "end conversation" choice that isn't "Wait here." You have to tell him to wait, and then use the Companion Wheel to get him to follow again.)

I had the same problem, shooting the friendly tribal guy. It's too hard to see what's going on at a distance there and like someone said, you remain in "combat mode" since you just got attacked. What's worse, I figured that maybe that optional encounter at the start of killing the tribals was some sort of trigger. As in, if you choose not to kill the tribals, maybe they'd turn friendly to you or something and I was like "hey, neat, a choice so early on!".

Yeah... That wasn't quite how it worked out, haha. So I explored Zion and didn't realize anything was wrong until I got the objective to leave Zion again, heh. Now, I actually love that you can shortcut everything that way and just play it straight like an exploration game but yeah, I think the tribal encounter with the friendly near the start is a bit clumsily set up.

Also, fighting people with Brush Guns and Anti-Materiel rifles = ouchies.

Anyways, restarted it and am now following the main quest "the proper way" so to speak.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

It probably helped me that I wasn't still in a combat mindset. After killing those last two White Legs, I had detoured to explore the cliff's edge to the right before I crossed the bridge.

lol, I'm glad I'm not the only one that had the problem with the start. I actually did it TWICE before realizing what the trigger to avoid was. ;)

I think they just didn't take playstyles into consideration. In my case he drops off his rock to give chase as I backed off, meaning Chalk did as well, so I thought they were both enemies. Then while shooting in real-time it became a matter of wild shots going wild. I didn't even notice one had a "name" because they were so far away.

@virumor Oh I dunno...while in-game it looks fine. Nothing spectacular/has it's issues but it works and sometimes even looks pretty. ;)

@mkreku Definitely liking the exploration part. I foresee it'll take me longer than the 3-4 hours so many are saying elsewhere, to finish. I'm so slow initially.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Mine keeps crashing like a pre-war biplane. Back to the bad old days of one crash every ten minutes or so. Driving me nuts. But it's also stopping me wasting all day playing it.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

The game updated itself recently (I'm told by some I know), but I don't know what it's for/what it might do, if anything. I haven't gone online to download it myself yet, no announcement in the forums about it.

The game updated itself recently (I'm told by some I know), but I don't know what it's for/what it might do, if anything. I haven't gone online to download it myself yet, no announcement in the forums about it.

Well, here's hoping the update fixed the crashes.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I like it so far, I am only in the beginning yet, though. For me it was worth the money already now, despite of a few annoying flaws. Will most likely write something bigger and deeper about it when I've finished it.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I gotta say, while I wish there were more people interactions ala Dead Money in the game, I'm *really* growing to like Zion. There are some new assets here and there that I think look a bit wonky but the overall feel of the place is really nice, quite different than any of the other games, yet still very fitting for Fallout. There have been some really awesome moments where I've been sneaking around at night, the rain falling, sniping at enemies from high up ledges. It feels rather survivalist in some ways but in a very different way than Dead Money felt. Resources are not scarce in Honest Hearts, but the environment just has a that great feel of wanting to toss off your fancy armors and go tribal instead, hehe.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Seems like general public is not happy with it. This time, it's too story light for them.

The "general public" is never happy. Because pretty much only complainers give feedback. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Who is the Daniel person I'm supposed to be helping anyway. The guy in the vault suit ?

I thought everyone died in the ambush

. Maybe I missed an encounter and my progression is buggered. It has started crashing on quick travel, which is a first for me.

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

Boom finished it. Explored pretty much everything. I think I missed 2 of those stashes so will have to go back and look for those later on. Loved the backstory behind all of the tribes and journal entries by the Survivor. Whoever wrote those deserves a pat on the back and a beer or two :p

Landscape was great, now I want to visit the real Zion. Who is gonna pay for my plane tickets?

I guess this DLC was made on purpose to be more about free roaming in the wild and because of that didn't have as much dialogue as Dead Money. Few negative things I can think of:

- Companions repeating the same lines over and over again. Drove me nuts :)

- That one cave spawns those 3 x giant green geckos every time after a certain point in game. Didn't appriciate having to kill them a few times since I was messing about and didn't pick up the things I was supposed to the first time I went there.

Now give me the next DLC! :)

Edited by Flouride

Hate the living, love the dead.

Seems like general public is not happy with it. This time, it's too story light for them.

Yeah, pretty funny. Dead Money was too hard and linear. Wonder what the general public will say about Old World Blues then.