What you did today

Gorth

Awesome, do you know what his general opinion was about living in the area?

AFAIK, he just sat in a room and crunched like hell. I got the vibe that they didn't have much of a life, as a rule, but he's become... rather successful since then. To the point that if I want to find out more about Warwick, I'll have to get back to you in July-August. :shifty:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Had one of those nights of little sleep, so now I'm facing the day. Tea restored some but I'm still getting those odd woozy moments.

Still, a quick lunch of some sushi, and then off to the village to deal with various errands.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

And apparently my sister will be bringing home a new dog in a few weeks. A german shepherd puppy going by the name Mason...

I did ask if she gets another cat will it be called "Dixie" but that went whistling over her head.

Since there's already the typically brain-dead, over-enthusiastic spaniel called Katey, and the one-eyed persian cat by the name of Nelson loitering around the house.. I foresee some potentially tumultuous times ahead.

And apparently my sister will be bringing home a new dog in a few weeks. A german shepherd puppy going by the name Mason...

I did ask if she gets another cat will it be called "Dixie" but that went whistling over her head.

Since there's already the typically brain-dead, over-enthusiastic spaniel called Katey, and the one-eyed persian cat by the name of Nelson loitering around the house.. I foresee some potentially tumultuous times ahead.

I see a novelty casserole, followed by tranquil silence.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Had a client tell me that he doesn't have the time to read 6 pages of documentation to solve his problem. That pretty much made my day, hah.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

AFAIK, he just sat in a room and crunched like hell. I got the vibe that they didn't have much of a life, as a rule, but he's become... rather successful since then. To the point that if I want to find out more about Warwick, I'll have to get back to you in July-August. :)

Well, it's a PhD, you're not meant to have much of a life. :thumbsup:

Going to have huge difficulty choosing between US and UK, going to wait and see where gives the most $. I've got cash of my own but it's not much and...um, I wouldn't mind a new computer. :*

Tigs, as sound as you are, I tell you this: if you choose your PhD based on your desire for a gaming rig I will infallibly punch you in the crotch.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Ah, but could I not then choose based on my desire not to be punched in the crotch?

Just confirmed I'm being flown to the US for an open day next month, to better aid my decision. Woop.

Ah, but could I not then choose based on my desire not to be punched in the crotch?

I believe that ought to be an official component of screening candidates for doing a PhD.

-Elwood Blues

And for something completely different...

I just watched the final episode to Blake's 7.

Something I'd missed up till now and woo, that caught me a bit by surprise. I mean, I knew the bad guys had won and it caused an outcry back then..but I hadn't realised just how extreme it was.

How many tv series do you know that would end the series by killing off all but one of the heroes.. have a final shot of the lead figure being surrounded by the evil Federation troopers.. and then cut to the credits and have the sounds of several laser blasts ring out..... :thumbsup:

As they say, 1978 in America had Battlestar Galactica and Dirk Benedict.. 1978 in the UK had Blake's 7 and Paul Darrow.

Yes, Raithe. And that could be because one of those two nations was fethed into a ****ed hat at the time.

-Elwood Blues

AFAIK, he just sat in a room and crunched like hell. I got the vibe that they didn't have much of a life, as a rule, but he's become... rather successful since then. To the point that if I want to find out more about Warwick, I'll have to get back to you in July-August. >_<

Well, it's a PhD, you're not meant to have much of a life. :sorcerer:

There's a difference between "not much" and "not any". I used to be in the "not much" bracket, but after last year's relationship disaster, I've voluntarily stuck to the "not any" school of PhD studies. Trying to get rid of mine soonish, looking forward to having a life again.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I helped my mother buy a car today.

And some guy with the softest hands I'd ever shaken, so that it felt like holding a baby, mistook me for a 40 something just because I have grey hair.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Went out for After work yesterday and managed to gather a whole lotta people that normally don't come along which was awesome. In particular, one extremely charming girl who I've worked with only once (she doesn't normally work in the same psychiatry ward that I do) and we really had a lot of fun. Didn't know what to expect since she's actually 10 years older than me but we got along great. Most people would arrive later or drop off earlier but me, this chick and one other guy met up at 4pm and started eating and drinking, and we didn't head home until 4am. Lots and lots of fun.

Of course, I've felt like crap all day and I still feel like I'm gonna puke my guts out any second but it was worth it. One of the most fun nights out I've had in a really long time.

Though I was really reminded of how much I dislike clubs (very generally speaking I mean). It's OK in the early evenings but when they start raising the volume so that you have to shout to hear each other, then it just sucks. I mean, dancing is fun and all but I tend to like my communications to consist of more than shouting "WHAT?!" every 5 seconds. Once that happened though, we all got tired off it and headed off to various pubs instead.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

And some guy with the softest hands I'd ever shaken, so that it felt like holding a baby, mistook me for a 40 something just because I have grey hair.

I suffered a similar problem, until I discovered Just for Men. Since a friend recommended this product to me I spend an inordinate amount of time fighting off attractive single women. When combined with a splash of Sex Panther by Odeon (its got bits of real panther in it) I am literally a lurve leviathan.

I'm not sure that's going to help you buy a quality used automobile though.

sonsofgygax.JPG

I like my grey hair! I'll be damned if I color it away.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm packing up stuff for our big move on Tuesday. It's actually a bit easier than I thought it would be, we really have a ton of stuff in storage. I'm excited to move into a place where we can actually use all our furniture and stuff that has been in storage for years.

Yes.

Two words: couch tarantulas.

-Elwood Blues

Woke up, got stuff done. Then watched my beloved Arsenal screw up and not get the job done. Moped about that for about 20 minutes, then worked on spreadsheets for EVE

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Trying to do a minor c# lesson / challenge involving triangles. (in between having to deal with various other tasks and chores completely unrelated to programming).

Of course, even as I try to figure out what specific maths functionality there is in c#, I'm realising that my math skills are pretty dead and trying to remember how to actually use three given lengths to work out the angles and types of triangles..... :shifty:

The things you forget how to use....