What are you playing now?

Tigranes

I dunno man... I think it'd be kinda sad to be stuck modeling an ass while a project leader is shouting at you that it should be more curvy, more pouty, etc. "Come on man, dat ass is gonna be in more close-ups than her face goddamnit!"

And yeah, Miranda just looks plain *weird* in game. Like a mix between the model above and Shrek.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Ok, so a picture of the model. Changes nothing :huh:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The only thing that really sucks about the game is the sidekick and the level he has to play through, plus the clunky controls, but for the rest it's a decent game overall. Especially the Paris levels are quite memorable (infiltrating the Louvre, fighting through an entire apartment building with a hired killer). It's definitely much better than Legend.

Wow, that has to be the kindest thing I've heard about AoD. I'm still going to keep expectations low so that if it is decent I'll enjoy it more. Still got a ways to go as I'm still in TR 3. Game is much harder to figure out than I remember. I passed the first two without getting lost for long but I've been frequently wandering around in TR 3.

Finished Pinnacle Station DLC. Most boring DLC ever.

They decided to make a multiplayer Quake 3/Unreal Tournament style add-on to a single player rpg and it turned out as expected. Horrible. The only DLC I can think of that I've played that is worse than it would be Horse Armor for Oblivion, but at least with that you knew what you were getting.

Edited by GreasyDogMeat

Ok, so a picture of the model. Changes nothing :huh:

Considering she does the VO too, I would go as far as call her the actress. :p

And yeah, just shows that it's still not quite possible to replicate nature's perfection digitally. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I'm in the middle of Stranger's Wrath. Really good game despite having some frustrating moments.

how's the port? I heard some very bad things about it and Munch's in terms of performance :)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Anyway, more in-depth impressions:

* Characters are mostly to Bioware's standards, which means very good, but I'm not sure why some people hailed Mass Effect 2 as having the best companions of all their games.. they're certainly much better than ME though. Haven't recruited them all for now.

* Dialogue is generally superior to ME but there's still the whole "different paraphrases for the same sentence" syndrome.

* Combat is tighter but not really all that much better than the first one. I'm not a fan of TPS though.

* The ammo system is fairly useless design.

* The map layout is a bit boring.

* The choices are better than in the first.

And that's all I guess.

I loved that moment where Miranda gets all butthurt that she's supposed to be genetically engineered to be perfect, yet an earthborn FemShep that never had any higher education and used to hang out with gangs, trumps her in every way.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I loved that moment where Miranda gets all butthurt that she's supposed to be genetically engineered to be perfect, yet an earthborn FemShep that never had any higher education and used to hang out with gangs, trumps her in every way.

But(t) it's such an exquisite butt! :sorcerer:

Tried to finish my second playthrough of Demon's Soul. Remembered why I quit in the first place.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

* Characters are mostly to Bioware's standards, which means very good, but I'm not sure why some people hailed Mass Effect 2 as having the best companions of all their games.. they're certainly much better than ME though. Haven't recruited them all for now.

Skip Subject Zero if you can.

Seriously

I received a PS3 for Christmas, so I've been going through the backlog of ridiculously cheap games I've picked up for it in anticipation of someday owning a system to play them on. I'm currently bouncing back and forth between Demon Souls, InFamous and Uncharted. I also have a copy of MGS4 LE, but after popping the disc in for 10 minutes I'm pretty sure that it's not actually a game, so it's staying on the shelf.

Skip Subject Zero if you can.

Seriously

I think she's actually unskippable. You have to recruit the first batch of companions (IIRC, Moridin, Garrus, and Subject Zero) before you get the message from Martin Sheen about the in-progress Collector attack on whatever-that-colony-is-called.

I agree that, generally, she's not someone you'd want on your spaceship, but the mission to recruit her is one of the more fun ones, IMO. Some of those fights against the prison guards are pretty challenging, owing mostly to how the battlefields are laid out-- very tough to get a safe cover position that isn't immediately flanked.

Jack's mission was actually fairly fun. Generally, all of the missions are pretty fun, and the choices feel much more naturally realized than in Mass Effect 1. They finally embraced the action movie aesthetic, which is good.

I like it too. I think it's a good way of seeing how well you are in control of your character, teammates and abilities. I had tons of trouble with it the first time (died probably as much as with all the other missions combined), but I've been able to breeze through on all subsequent playthroughs.

Gamed out at the minute. New Vegas, Alpha protocol, Civ 5, GTA V, Left 4 Dead 2.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Wish I could have just spaced Jack.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Just finished off AC2... interesting cliffhanger style ending there. It does make me more interested in AC:Brotherhood..but I still doubt I'll pick it up at full price with that drm.

Did like the music though..nicely mood evocative.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

by the end of the game jack was one of my favorite characters. at the beginning of the game she was the second worst (behind jacob)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Samara all the way, metaphorically speaking :)

Give me Samara, Grunt and Mordin and they can keep the rest :)

Playing EU III with the new Divine Wind expansion. Going for quite a challenge playing the Byzantine Empire, surviving the Ottoman hordes after they invaded Asia Minor and the Balkans.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

by the end of the game jack was one of my favorite characters. at the beginning of the game she was the second worst (behind jacob)

This is why we never get normal characters, no one likes them.

Playing EU III with the new Divine Wind expansion.

I got EUIII on sale for $5, is Heir to the Throne worth getting?

cylon_basestar_eye.gif

I am playing some Max Payne 2 again in the moment. Still as cool as it was back in the days. Only the controls do feel a bit waggly nowdays.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I got EUIII on sale for $5, is Heir to the Throne worth getting?

I'm a fanboy, so I can't give you an objective answer. Now go get it! :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein