FO: NV (General Discussion)

CoM_Solaufein

Sorry if this question has already been asked or answered, but how many add-ons are planned for this game? I saw that Dead Money is available on Steam, and Honest Hearts is coming soon. Is that it? I would prefer to play with all the add-ons installed from the start.

Sorry if this question has already been asked or answered, but how many add-ons are planned for this game? I saw that Dead Money is available on Steam, and Honest Hearts is coming soon. Is that it? I would prefer to play with all the add-ons installed from the start.

Four add-ons, including Dead Money are planned. Dead Money's the only one officially announced and published, Honest Hearts is practically a certainty given the achievements are already out but hasn't been announced yet, and after those we should get Old World Blues (news should come soon in the next Qore issue) and Lonesome Road (rumored to be about Ulysses, the other courier, whose mysterious motives have been foreshadowed in the game and in Dead Money).

Damnation, since the new patch, glowing ghouls are crashing my game when they do their magic wall of radiation. And if I am in VATS mode while they attack, it fries my system and I have to perform a hard reset...

That's really not cool, especially because I am in Vault 34 and everywhere around me are glowing ghouls. Tested with and without mods already, it's always crashing.

Anyone got any idea what I could try? Is it possible to deactivate their second attack mode via the GECK? That seems to be the only solution I can see right now...

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

never tried, but disabling the attack with GECK might well be possible.

You can also cheat and kill the glowing ghouls temporarily, though this is not ideal - just use ~ then

kill

after you select the target with your mouse, I think.

"kill" doesn't seem to work, but "killall" does. Then the game does not crash anymore... but all my companions are dead as well. :>

/Edit: I simply teleported myself out of there now. It's still bad. Also I saw other things in my savegame that aren't right: The new fence on the Freeside bus gate are only visible from one side for me (but in the GECK all is correct), also the lamp posts outside of the Crimson Caravan are active even at day, etc. Damn, don't want to start a new game yet.

/Edit

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Make sure that you use your mouse to select your target - you hit ~, then you left-click on the zombie. You know the right one is selected because its name comes up near the top of the screen (e.g. "Glowing Ghoul"). And *then* you use the 'kill' command.

Yes, done like that and reverse, even typed in manually with "prid ..."etc. It didn't worked.

And now I think it's not only a problem with glowing ghouls. Just entered Freeside again, some hostile npc tries to attack me and the game crashs. Hooray.

Hrm, perhaps the patch changed the way the console works... sorry, it used to work for me. :)

My own game's on hold - after ~5 playthroughs I think I'm done with FNV, in the end the VATS combat just isn't fun enough to hold up the game once the exploration and story is exhausted. Will probably buy & play the DLCs, though.

Damn, I think my savegame is somehow corrupted. I've loaded a different character and there the game does not crash in combat, so it must have something to do with my current game... Will install an additional Windows XP now + all Updates, to see if something changes. Maybe the freezes will stop then... hopefully.

what's the problem with disconnecting from the internet before launching the game, if you know the patch is going to be enforced

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

this is preposterous :thumbsup:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Heh, to post about something more positive:

Beside the crashs and freezes, I have been able to play the game already a bit with the new weapon changes, etc. and I have to say, it feels really good. Some enemies now are more dangerous than before and the weapons I tested so far, feel much more smooth in combat. Also for the very first time, I really active switched ammo from default to something more effective. What really has been obvious to me is the Brush Gun. With normal .45-70 Gov't loaded, a bunch of fiends at vault 3 totally pwned me... but when I switched to Hollow Point, it was BAM, dead, BAM, dead... (always in the head, without VATS) :> Also I like that the Brush Gun is a bit slower now. Makes it feel better as well. At least for me...

Now I am tensed to test out the minigun again.

• 2 weeks later...

Obsidian: We Wish New Vegas 'Wasn't Glitchy' (NowGamer)

Obsidian has told Play Magazine that they wish Fallout: New Vegas "wasn't as glitchy when it came out".

Talking exclusively to Play, Obisidian CEO Feargus Urquhart talked honestly about Obsidian's reputation as a 'buggy' developer and why Dungeon Siege III will avoid the same fate.

"I think it's fair and unfair at the same time, because in the same conversation that I hear how buggy KOTOR and Alpha Protocol were, I also hear how great they were," Urquhart explains when asked about Obsidian's reputation.

"Now in the case of Fallout: New Vegas, we made a gigantic game, and I'm proud with what we were able to do but I wish it wasn't as glitchy when it came out. The criticisms people had are fair but it's difficult to get a game the size of New Vegas bug free. But that's an excuse and it doesn't matter when someone's paid $60 for a game. It's something we need to work on.

"From the standpoint of Dungeon Siege III, we've been working very hard to make sure it doesn't happen again. We've been playing and playing and playing and playing to ensure it's of a high standard. On top of this, this is the first time we've got to use our own technology on something, which means we know where to find the bad bugs from the start!"

The full interview can be found in Play Issue 205, which goes on sale Thursday 12 May and also has the first details on FIFA 12, what went on behind closed doors with Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City and the first look at Dead Rising 2: Off The Record along with interviews with all those developers!

• 1 month later...

Something different & perhaps more interesting from my usual dance/random nonsense. :lol:

I had this vid idea ages ago but the biggest hassle was the initial dialogue searching/editing which I didn't feel like dealing with until recently. I use mods and dialogue files to create "interaction" between the companions. I guess it's like a very, very abbreviated let's play that would only make sense to ppl who have already played the game. First two are mostly about gathering the companions all together. Finding a balance between quest, the dialogue bits, action bits, & humor/story/quiet moments has been difficult, heh.

Arcade, Boone, Veronica, Primm, & Raul (little too much set-up but gets going once I grab Arcade)

Cass, Nipton/Booted, getting Rex. Not getting Lily, I don't like Lily.

Don't know where I'm going with it all/how many there will be (one could go on a long time if one wanted...) but it's been silly fun making them. :)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Never stop being who you are LadyCrimson!

On another note, I really dig some changes the last patch introduced. Specifically introducing Grenade Rifles to some of raiders earlier on in the game, it adds some good excitement to some of the encounters when 1 or 2 raiders in a gang are equipped with them. Furthermore, it makes it a lot more fun for an Explosives character earlier on because even though the ammo is fairly scarce, it's just great to lob a grenade into a group of enemies and watching them fly.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Just so I'm clear, I have to wait until July to buy the next set of DLC?

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'll guess for an announcement of some kind in the next week. Else I think the DLC can only come very late at the end of the month (28.06.?). And if we don't get an announcement in the next 1 1/2 weeks, I really doubt that it will be released this month at all. :>

Edited by Lexx

So I'm replaying FO:NV, this time as a not-so-nice character. I'm tempted to go against NCR right from the get go, but it seems there's going to be way too many potential quests (and story depth) I'll miss if I do this. Is this the case, for anyone who has been a thorn in the NCR's side right from the start?

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

I haven't personally but from the beth forums - yes, Legion playthrough quest-wise is short if you side with them from the get-go, vs. doing bunches before getting the "pardons" in Vegas.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts