FO: NV (General Discussion)

CoM_Solaufein

So Dead Money is really, really an MCA joint. Like it is completely obvious and you would quickly figure it out even if you hadn't heard of Avellone's involvement (he wrote everything) beforehand. A bevy of eccentric / broken characters compelled to (tenuously) work together for reasons other than "the world depends on it"? Inter-character relationships that are subtle and not "sexy"? More of this please.

Oh I forgot you all are PC mooks. FACED.

PS there are a couple of references to

"The Big Empty"

in it, connected to

Ulysses, the cut Khan/Legion(?) companion

Can't wait to see what they've got for us next.

A bevy of eccentric / broken characters compelled to (tenuously) work together for reasons other than "the world depends on it"? Inter-character relationships that are subtle and not "sexy"?

damn Bethesda and xbox ;(

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

If there's one man that can make me by a DLC it's Chris Avellone. Oh, yes.

Before I space out:

One disappointing thing about Dead Money, though, is that it's obviously as closed-off as it can get, instead of trying to expand on loose ends in the main game. It'd be really nice to have a Legion-oriented DLC, for instance (Ulysses comeback?).

One disappointing thing about Dead Money, though, is that it's obviously as closed-off as it can get, instead of trying to expand on loose ends in the main game. It'd be really nice to have a Legion-oriented DLC, for instance (Ulysses comeback?).

From the sound of it, Ulysses may have been retooled from companion to adversary. The Fallout Wiki people seem to think that Dead Money points to a "culmination" of sorts with all the DLC towards a showdown between Ulysses and the Courier, who he hates for reasons unclear in the present.

If we can't get DLC that seamlessly folds into the core game (and I think a companion added as DLC would be great) I think having all the DLC as a loose, parallel narrative (similar to the sort you commonly see on cable dramas nowadays) is almost as good. Think of it not as disparate DLC but an episodic xpac. If all the speculation turns out to be correct we have four likely DLC locales so far -

Sierra Madre, The Big Empty / Tibbets Prison, The Grand Canyon, and New Canaan

. Those would seem to leave

the large swath of inaccessible land to the West of the map

But yeah, having a pro-Legion companion would fill a very badly needed gap in the game.

Edited by Pop

Hrm. Now that I've read the Ulysses wiki, if it turns out that way it would be pretty awesome too - DLC that tie in together like that.

Maybe we can get a proper xpack too, given how well the game sold, but perhaps it'd be difficult given that the level cap is already 30 and the way it ends.

I have a feeling he saved it for an expansion

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

the way I see it, it could work just fine ;(

Walsingham said:

wow, pretty low scores... any particular thing they all didn't like?

Walsingham said:

That's quite likely.

Seems a lot of people are having trouble reaching good ending as well.

When a little out of a box thinking is required the whole "game" facade comes crashing down.

Not really out of the box thinking. It's really straightforward in execution and just needs a little reading comprehension. There are other narrative related things in the DLC that need way more thinking.

This is kinda sad actually.

Edited by C2B