FO: NV (General Discussion)

CoM_Solaufein

I vote for splitting up the entire Obsidian boards in two parts: filthy console peasants and PC Master Race

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

they get to choose which side they want to be on. once they do, they can never go back :)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I don't really care, since by the time/if I get the DLC, I'll have forgotten any minor tidbits I've read on forums....it's the one advantage of having a bad/aging memory....but one could always make a FNV:DLC thread.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

that ign review is totally strange, from reading it I expected the score at the end to say 8 or 9, since it sounds amazing, and then he whines about some bugs and gives it a 6.5

that site seems to be going downhill, ive noticed a few writers there getting lazy or sloppy, and some of the new hires are just plain bad journalists.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Depending on the bugs involved, I could easily see them dropping a few points for them.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I've seen a lot of people point out that some of what the IGN preview mentions as bugs, is actually not bugs at all. Just the reviewer mistakenly pointing it out as bugs because he apparently didn't pay enough attention to what's going on.

Not sure if that's true or what it is. I don't really want to delve into spoilers if I can avoid it.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

i'm really hoping they do 3-5 decent dlc packs that tell a sequential story and then bundle that together as an expansion pack. would be neato. preferably with another big area to search through ala point lookout.

also, i want confirmation that obisidian is going to make fallout 4.5 so I have something to look forward to playing in 4 years

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

fo:nv were one o' those rare games that we spent many hours playing, but could not bring our self to finish... began to feel like work. were worth the money we spent, just too... pedestrian. there were nothing genuine intriguing 'bout fo:nv that could keep us playing past a vague and unidentifiable point. perhaps the "retro" nature o' fo:nv were the problem as the setting, and characters and quests had a "been there, done that" quality that we s'pose were 'posed to be nostalgic, or something. hated the legion stuff, but not enough to make us dislike the game.

dunno. we spent loads o' hours playing, and we suspect that in six months or a year we may return to fo:nv and finish, but for now, playing fo:nv is a chore rather than fun and am kinda at a loss as to how/why. again, it were well worth the price o' admission, but we got to a "meh" point and could not progress.

what now instead o' fo:nv? we will probably play some partial restored kotor2... up to malachor. obsidian game endings suck and we not wanna ruin the game experience by completing kotor 2.

HA! Good Fun!

Edited by Gromnir

"If there be time to expose through discussion the falsehood and fallacies, to avert the evil by the processes of education, the remedy to be applied is more speech, not enforced silence."Justice Louis Brandeis, Concurring, Whitney v. California, 274 U.S. 357 (1927)

"Im indifferent to almost any murder as long as it doesn't affect me or mine."--Gfted1 (September 30, 2019)

it's going to be very funny if it turns out all reviewers lowered their scores after encountering the same "game-breaking bug".

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Except they didn't. IGN is the only one that talked about game-breaking bugs, the others complain about them but it's not the main factor behind the score. I haven't tried the DLC myself, but it certainly looks like the level design and gameplay weren't much appreciated.. which fits with the usual Avellone's Modus Operandi. But I'm going to hold off my judgment until I can try it myself.

looks like the level design and gameplay weren't much appreciated.. which fits with the usual Avellone's Modus Operandi.

so Fallout is officially a shooter now and is judged like one :shifty:

Walsingham said:

great stuff, C :shifty: Boone seems to have given up to Arcade's charms.

Walsingham said:

No one else in the world makes games like BioWare. In many ways, the talky, rambling, complex Mass Effect was a throwback to the era of the original computer RPGs and text-based adventures

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

intellectually challenging

Sure, I clearly overlooked all that Mass Effect subtext, like...

like....

like....

Scrap that, It's pretty much a B-Movie in space. One hell of a B-Movie, but still a B-Movie. What in the world are these people smoking?

Reviews. Horrible things, I avoid them whenever I can.

Me too. But sadly, these **** reviewers will define how the next DLC will looks like. Now guess how it will looks like, if a rpg-heavy DLC get's much flack for whatever reasons and therefore sells bad.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

these **** reviewers will define how the next DLC will looks like.

I fear the day the reviewers are defining what kind of a game should be made. no company can be that stupid as to pay attention to what these nitwits are saying :p

Walsingham said:

Ohi Lexx, tried your quest mod. A couple of things:

- Dialogue is badly in need of editing. There's recurring typos (Camp McCarrEn) and it feels noticeably more stilted than in the main game. The story setup itself is fairly well-done though. Also, the formatting is different from the main game here and there. [COMBAT] instead of <Attack> for example.

- It's.. buggy? I'm not sure what the hell happened but when I went into the warehouse the second time to talk to Ranger Tap-Trap the Fiends attacked me immediately after we talked, and I had just convinced him to release the hostage.

- Good job with the NCR uniform/Fiends armor mix on Tap-trap.

Overall it's a good mod, design-wise it feels similar to the other quests of the game which I feel is a big achievement.

I don't know where the quest is set, but I've just started my 4th Energy Weapons-NCR playthrough with it. o:)