FO: NV (General Discussion)

CoM_Solaufein

Thanks for all the letters. :ermm: Will fix up some stuff when I've got some more time. Most of it shouldn't be hard, but the script problems you've named are really hard to fix. I got them too a few times and then I got them never again until they showed up again because of whatever reason... Really hard to make this **** bug-proof.

Can't really make the warehouse bigger, as the outside building is fixed in it's size and I don't want to fiddle around with the outside area (could get complicated with other mods / patches / if whatever is changed around there). And buildings with timelord technology are not cool in Fallout settting too (big inside and small outside, like the Follower of the Apocalypse outpost). :>

For my third quest-mod (yes, I am kind of working on it already, when I don't write dialog stuff for the second quest), I am creating a new worldspace. In size it will be kind of DLC-esque, with more than one quest (but not a lot). So far it looks pretty cool already, I think. Some mini-teaser where not much can be seen... :>

ScreenShot221.png

(Screen shows Col. Rutherford outside of a small train station building in a NCR border camp.)

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

i'm just butting in to say that Tigranes, that was some awesome feedback, and if I were a modder I would send you my stuff to look over.

but im not so i wont.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

This indeed. I know already who will beta-test my next quest mod. :ermm:

What I know for sure is, that I am not the man who can "make more use of contractions" as I am simply not that skilled enough in english. It would come down to the one(s) who proofread my stuff. Maybe for the next mod, I will let the text proofread by more than one person. Couldn't hurt and it's kind of an additional check after the check.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

yeah, Tig. if I ever get to making that Wasteland remake I've been planning, I'm going to beg you to be my beta-tester :ermm:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Updated the quest mod based on Tigranes' feedback. Couldn't fix the attack script stuff yet, as it seems to be some serious ****. But I changed words here and there. Didn't added more dialog stuff to the main characters yet, maybe I will do it in future with a new update. Edited by Lexx

I appreciate that script issues never are what you'd want them to be, so yeah, I made those comments fully expecting it might not all be possible. :ermm: If you wanted to add more space you could add an underground floor, btw, using the existing 'sewer hatch' asset, no? Anyway, happy to proofread your dialogue for future mods if you want.

Finished my 4th NCR-Energy playthrough. I released Raul after his quest then Arcade left after his quest, so was all alone in shiny

Enclave

power armour shooting it up with the Gauss Rifle near the end. Decided to take out Cottonwood Cove on my own - very satisfying to pick out a good spot at the outlook and start sniping them down. Spotted Cursor Lucullus with about 5 legionaries bunched up at the dock, one headshot and the perk-based explosion chain took them all out into the sea. :p Pity I couldn't see all of the ending due to a crash, wanted to see how Arcade would end up.

Feeling a bit done with it now after 150 hours but probably will come back once DLCs & mods come out. Funny thing, FNV makes me want to play the originals again....

Don't know if it's already been mentioned by someone else, but this is the mod I've been using for a more populated Wasteland. Obviously if you prefer story/quest mods & liked the wastes as they are, this probably isn't for you. Also, if you have a low-end pc it might strain it, especially the versions that require NVSE.

The 'core' mod file doesn't increase things to too crazy levels or anything...but it's definitely noticeable. Especially all the town guards/faction battle encounters near towns and main roads. Great fun, imo, however, and completely changes the feel of the game (they're at war, not hiding in their bunkers!).

Increased Wasteland Spawns

And here's the thread/post where the author lists some of his upcoming changes/additions for the next version.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I'm hugely enjoying my hardcore mode play through. It completely changes the logistics, and inevitably how you play, move etc. I've got caches dotted around, and also am far far far more cagey about getting into fights than before. Cazadores leave me running away like a little kid, whimpering.

Not playing so NCR friendly this time, and that changes a big bunch of stuff for obvious reasons. First time through I didn't realise how much they controlled.

Also, it's amazing how much I simply didn't find on my first play through. Not just one offs, but seemingly whole regions.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

yeah no kidding, after 4 playthroughs I know there are still a few places I haven't seen yet. such a tremendously huge (and awesome) game.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

That Gamespot review makes it sound pretty tedious and badly designed. Are they exaggerating the case, do you think?

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

That Gamespot review makes it sound pretty tedious and badly designed. Are they exaggerating the case, do you think?

It sounds like a typical Obsidian release. Good characters/writing versus bad gameplay/level design.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I wasn't terribly interested in this DLC to begin with, but then I read that review and ...

"several jumping bits, considering the game engine's terrible, unresponsive jumping mechanics" ... "A forced stealth sequence" .... "multiple timed escape sections"

.....No, just no. I'll definitely be skipping this then. I'll stick to mods for now.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I wasn't terribly interested in this DLC to begin with, but then I read that review and ...

"several jumping bits, considering the game engine's terrible, unresponsive jumping mechanics" ... "A forced stealth sequence" .... "multiple timed escape sections"

.....No, just no. I'll definitely be skipping this then. I'll stick to mods for now.

Yep. It sounds like a pretty goofy thing to do with a FO3 dlc. But I'm curious if the Gamestop review is accurately representing the gameplay.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I've avoided reading the threads on the beth forum about the DLC to avoid huge spoilers (don't mind little ones), but I guess I'll start taking a look to see if anyone describes (whines) about stuff that matches the review's notions.

Edited by LadyCrimson

You're seriously letting a Gamespot review sway your mind on anything? :p

Jumping bits sound stupid if true, yes, but then jumping bits can't really be that big, can it?

I don't care one whit whether Gamespot thinks the overall DLC content/story is awesome or not awesome/what rating they give it....what I do care about are the words "forced" and "timed".

I absolutely loathe timed anything in games. Now, if the gamespot review is exaggerating and it's not really timed, maybe it just felt timed to them because there's a sense of pressure to the gameplay, that could be something different.

Edit: from reading some quick threads, the first impression I'm getting is that the DLC is slower-paced, possibly repetitive in that pacing, has more of a horror/suspense feeling, and of course, about 1/3 love it, 1/3 hate it and the rest think it's "ok". haha

Edited by LadyCrimson

I'm buying any New Vegas DLC at all. They could make DLC about sitting in a rocking chair chawing tobacco and I'd buy it.

I have just finished my hardcore play through in fine style. .

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Apparently these trademarks were registered by Bethesda

Old World Blues

Lonesome Road

Honest Hearts (The Burned Man, New Canaan, etc)

Which means four DLC in total, which is roughly in line with what they did with Fallout 3.

EDIT: Source?

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

Good, I'll get it when it's all available, and for a reasonable price.

26 quid is perfectly reasonable for (by my reckoning) 180 hours of gameplay.

-Elwood Blues