FO: NV (General Discussion)

CoM_Solaufein

I've done the Legion storyline but I didn't really go to "war" with the NCR until after you meet Caesar and all of that. It's true that the Legion has far less quests than the NCR but I never felt it was a huge problem since the game has a lot of quests period. And there are some that can be done the "Legion way" (like Helios One for example).

Never tried going the route of literally shooting every NCR soldier from the get-go though.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Just started Honest Hearts. Are you supposed to be able to take along your followers to Zion?

Also during that first "ambush" I killed everyone myself, but still somehow everyone in the caravan died. I'm guessing this is scripted?

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Maybe it's the multi-companion mod, but both Cass and EDI came along to Zion.

falloutnv20110611173026.png

I'm not sure whether I should push Indian boy off a cliff or not. He already said his thunder lizard line ten times.

Edited by virumor

Just started Honest Hearts. Are you supposed to be able to take along your followers to Zion?

Also during that first "ambush" I killed everyone myself, but still somehow everyone in the caravan died. I'm guessing this is scripted?

I don't think it was scripted as such. But I saw them get killed in fairly startling and unpredicted ways.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

It is scripted. They have their place to go after the dialog with the pc ends and then they die.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I finished Honest Hearts.

Pretty good, only complaint is I went in there at level ~34 but before it ended I reached the level cap. Are the two coming DLCs going to increase the level cap to 50? I miss the ka-ching! sound, not to mention still have quite some unfinished quests in the Mojave hanging.

Are the two coming DLCs going to increase the level cap to 50? I miss the ka-ching! sound, not to mention still have quite some unfinished quests in the Mojave hanging.

Yes. And the ka-ching! sound is the most horrid thing to be ever thought of! Ever! No, but seriously, I hated that.

So, the half of the month has passed and it's walking slowly close to end and no further OWB news yet. I really start to question it's release in this month.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

So, the half of the month has passed and it's walking slowly close to end and no further OWB news yet. I really start to question it's release in this month.

Isn't that what was done the other time too? And with Dead Money, people clamoring that it would be delayed because we didn't get a trailer or new info until the week before its release? I wouldn't be surprise if a solid date was announced today or this Friday.

I ran in to my first broken quest. I'm supposed to deliver chems to Motor Runner for Diane, but when I click on Motor Runner, no actual dialogue options come up. He just responds with a generic line, like all NPCs you can't interact with do.

I'm not sure if this was caused by me already dealing with Motor Runner before I got Diane's quest, or what the deal is. But that quest can't be completed now, since I can't talk to him or give him the shipment.

Kind of annoying, too, since I didn't get this quest my first couple of times through. So I was quite happy to see a new quest I hadn't done yet, only to now be stuck in limbo with regards to it.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Yes, the Aba-Daba quest line can get become non-completable in a whole host of potential ways, tho as always which ones might trigger it for you personally may vary. Talking to Motor Runner or Hsu before talking to Diane/getting the quest is one of them.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I know there's a bug with Motor-Runner's helmet. I've had it in my inventory for ages, unable to remove it because it's a quest item (same thing goes for Rebreather mask, but at least that item is useful).

I know there's a bug with Motor-Runner's helmet. I've had it in my inventory for ages, unable to remove it because it's a quest item (same thing goes for Rebreather mask, but at least that item is useful).

The helmet is useful. It just makes you look like an arse.

I'd cheerfully pay caps to be rid of the fething thing.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I'd cheerfully pay caps to be rid of the fething thing.

Ah ha. I see a new lucrative revenue stream for game publishers: charging players for in game fixes when they encounter problems. If you get a quest item stuck in your inventory, just go a an in-game store and log in to the publishers tech help and for .95 they'll remove it from your inventory.

Troika would still be in business if Sierra had thought of that.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Ever look at the "Misc" tab in your inventory? The place is lousy with un-discarded quest items. You only notice the helmet because it shows up as Apparel. (Also, the Codac 9000 as a weapon.)

Yes, the Aba-Daba quest line can get become non-completable in a whole host of potential ways, tho as always which ones might trigger it for you personally may vary. Talking to Motor Runner or Hsu before talking to Diane/getting the quest is one of them.

That's what happened to me, then. Because I'd visited both Hsu (and received quests from him) and Motor Runner before Diane gave me her quest. Can't believe there's *still* no fix for this, if it's so widely known. :ermm:

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

Guest Slinky

Does anyone know is it possible to make companions NOT to be able to die, as in really die, in HC mode?

I'd really like to use HC mode, but the dying companions with their sometimes suicidal AI would just drive me bonkers. Also, does the thirst and other needs slow down if I make days last longer by tinkering with timescale?

Does anyone know is it possible to make companions NOT to be able to die, as in really die, in HC mode?

I use a mod which flags all companions as essential. You can probably find something here.

Fortune favors the bald.

Guest Slinky

I use a mod which flags all companions as essential. You can probably find something here.

Awesome, thanks!