Bioware's New Game

Gorth

Wonder about the comparison though, I've never faced entire platoons at once in DX as opposed to COD4.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I think this thread was about Mass Effect 3 at some point.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

It was, but so little has been told, might as well wile away the time with useless arguments.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Wonder about the comparison though, I've never faced entire platoons at once in DX as opposed to COD4.

That's fair, but on the hardest difficulties for CoD I pretty much needed to use prior knowledge of where guys were, even solo guys, in order to make sure I wasn't instagibbed.

Though CoD4 masks some of it by having a platoon of guys with you as well. Pripyat is an exception, but I can't think of any others (probably because they aren't as notably fun as Pripyat was for me :ermm:)

This is more related to ME3, so I'll post it here: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalf...2-demo-analysis

I tried it out myself, and mostly noticed the same things they bring up here. VO sounded better, but I guess they could just be using losslessly compressed audio on the PS3 side due to the extra disc space.

Main advantage of PS3 version appeared to be better textures on squadmate uniforms, disadvantage frequent tearing (that could be due to the demo code). Anyway, if interested, see link.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Loaded up DX. Got gun.

Holy cow... the guy is actually right.

*Hax to Master level*

Or not...

*Spawn 5 acc. modifiers*

Oh wait, with 100% acc it is.

*Continues to murder every NSF on the island with single headshots with barely any aiming from far out of their AI range*

Hmmm... :ermm:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

• 2 weeks later...

Well, it looks like there will be only one more DLC pack for Mass Effect 2.

http://www.cerberusdailynews.com/?p=508

The Cerberus Daily News will begin a hiatus on January 24th, finishing its run of one full year. Daily postings will cease except for three weeks in 2011: a week of posts will precede a downloadable content release, and two more weeks will lead up to the release of Mass Effect 3. The CDN team thanks fans for their attention, comments, and feedback (both in and out of character!). We are sorry to go, but we had fun — we hope you did, too!
Edited by Bendu

Well, it looks like there will be only one more DLC pack for Mass Effect 2.

http://www.cerberusdailynews.com/?p=508

The Cerberus Daily News will begin a hiatus on January 24th, finishing its run of one full year. Daily postings will cease except for three weeks in 2011: a week of posts will precede a downloadable content release, and two more weeks will lead up to the release of Mass Effect 3. The CDN team thanks fans for their attention, comments, and feedback (both in and out of character!). We are sorry to go, but we had fun

Maybe there will be only one story related pack, like Shadow Broker or Overlord, which the Cerberus news is referring to and additional a weapon/armor/appearance pack.

Edited by Bendu

I tried to run that article through Google translate, but gave up after it translated "Mass Effect 3" to "Mass Morsels 3". GIGGLE GIGGLE

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I tried to run that article through Google translate, but gave up after it translated "Mass Effect 3" to "Mass Morsels 3". GIGGLE GIGGLE

Well you can also read it here: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/103/index/5638301/1

Well the game being complete and fully playable from beginning to end is

just a rumor I've heard ...but I heard it from people who would

probably know.

Probably bull****, but who knows. Maybe there is a pressure now under EA to put out games every year.

They can probably play the game from start to finish, but that doesn't mean all assets are in place.

"OK, guys, the main story is out of the way, now lets get to work on loading the rest of the game up with 27 metric crap-tons of pure fan service!"

I think it's more like they can play through it, but the entire team is just golfballs floating in mid air talking to shepard who looks like a stick figure.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

They can probably play the game from start to finish, but that doesn't mean all assets are in place.

"OK, guys, the main story is out of the way, now lets get to work on loading the rest of the game up with 27 metric crap-tons of pure fan service!"

Being able to play the main story from start to finish doesn't mean the game is done. There are several graphics filters, technical issues, voice acting, tuning and many other things to be done. What I meant is that they got the game playable and it is not crashing.

Edited by Labadal

and it is not crashing.

At least not *all* main story choices... :p

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

heh...

Day one : ME 3, take code and maybe some assets from ME 2, most likely from a stable ME2 build before it shipped.

Day two : Begin iteration.

I'd be shocked if ME 3 wasn't running pretty much straight away, it'll have had no content etc... I would hazard a guess they probably took a later UE 3 build at some point, but really... It's just about content iteration, with engine additions.

Now, when day one is that there is no engine, tool chain, editors, plan etc... that's when things get interesting...

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

I'm surprised none of you thought of the obvious, "the game is done and now we are going to spend the next year pulling content out into small pieces to release it as DLC!" conspiracy theory! :p

I am disappoint!

What console are they gonna release ME3 on first?

Assuming ther is an actual question here and you are not just being a petulant child, IIRC it's been pretty much confirmed that it's going to be a simultaneous 3-platform release.

Edited by Nepenthe

I could swear I'd seen something mention that for the release of Mass Effect 2 on the ps3 they'd actually used the engine tweaked for ME3... But now it escapes me. Of course it could be a false memory but there's something niggling away about it...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

I could swear I'd seen something mention that for the release of Mass Effect 2 on the ps3 they'd actually used the engine tweaked for ME3... But now it escapes me. Of course it could be a false memory but there's something niggling away about it...

Yes they're using the ME3 engine for ME2 PS3. But I don't see any difference visually.

Took Bioware a while to finally get their **** together aka also programming for PS3.

Yes they're using the ME3 engine for ME2 PS3. But I don't see any difference visually.

Took Bioware a while to finally get their **** together aka also programming for PS3.

Yeah, well, the UE hasn't exactly been a blazing succes on the PS3 so far. The (ME2) demo had some strange quirks, but remains to be seen if they are in the final product. It has potential to be one of the (if not THE) best UE games on PS3... OTOH the PS3 version of DAO was an utter turd (and no, I won't cut them slack for having outsourced the port).

Going from Eurogamer's analysis, new lighting/shadows could be the major change from ME2 to ME3. The PS3 version also has occasionally better textures, but that could just be an engine issue as opposed to having freed up a little more memory for them somewhere.

Edited by Nepenthe