Bioware's New Game

Gorth

shouldn't it be "Mass Effect 3, Bioware's New Game"? :)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

ooooh i can be positive on page 1.

I am very excited to be playing Mass Effects Part 3!

will be better than part 1, and worse than part 2, will be complained about by 60% of the forum for the next 4 years or so. of that 60% only 10% will genuinely dislike the game, the others will merely be griping because griping is more fun than not griping.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

man i dont know what you guys are talking about and i've played mass effect 1 and 2 multiple times each.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

all I ever wanted was to be able to play a Garrus-like character and have a Geth in my party. I got one half of my wish and I'm never getting the other. so I don't think I'll be playing ME3

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

i want mass effect 3 to be released with a comprehensive tool-set for modding. make the set work with all three games.

Edited by entrerix

I want a Reaper party member. Preferably romance-able.

I don't know about Reapers, but as long as I can get a Krogan and a Salarian, people can keep their Asaris, Turians, Volus, Quarians, Elcor and what have you :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I've been playing the Call of Duty series (CoD, CoD:UO CoD2, CoD4) lately and it's been perplexing for the ye olde skool FPS player like myself. It's really hard to get used to constant sensory overload, myriad scripted events, infinite respawning of the enemies unless you reach certain trigger (time or place in the map) and non-existant storyline (maps could be complitely individual levels, as I have no idea what character I'm playing at the moment). But damn, series have some fine shooting mechanics. Especially CoD2 and CoD4. Ironsights in CoD4 are the best I've seen so far in games.

That said, Bioware (and Obsidian.. heck, just about every developer outside those who have high expertise in developing FPS) should just rip off CoD4 shooting mechanics. Provent to be popular, they work and even Activison can't copyright game mechanics. Oh yeah... jumping, crouch and prone stances are great too.

Unlike most of the others in this board or other gaming boards, I don't have any issues with the RPG elements (or lack of) in Mass Effect series but I'd sure like to see FPS behave like the best FPS from combat and movement point of view.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

cod 4 and modern warfare 2 are the best of the bunch imo. polished to a gleaming shine, then polished some more.

Edited by entrerix

i dont like either krogan, or either asari, or tali. i didnt like jacob either, and he looked like an alien.

the only aliens i really liked were garrus, mordin and thane (but his flashback memory bits were TERRIBLE, like written by an angsty 14 year old terrible).

still, the worst npc so far was kaiden imo, boreboreboringborewhinywimpyborebore

Edited by entrerix

actually, Bio should make ME3 a FPS, possibly a tactical-squad-based one (like SWAT 4). with tactical missions and hubs for sidequests and interaction with companions. after that it'll be like a real-time X-Com game.

Walsingham said:

his/her lines could work for any character :) I'd like to control someone with more charisma. Shepard is just a f***ing grunt with a hint of wit.

Walsingham said:

I would really like a first person Mass Effect game. It's just remind me *more* of Deus Ex.

ME3 won't be like that, though.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

creepy-shepard.jpg

oh god... this looks like an attempt at a smile by a Godzilla :)

Walsingham said:

actually, Bio should make ME3 a FPS, possibly a tactical-squad-based one (like SWAT 4). with tactical missions and hubs for sidequests and interaction with companions. after that it'll be like a real-time X-Com game.

That sounds interesting, maybe they will also add high class writing :snicker:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

shouldn't it be "Mass Effect 3, Bioware's New Game"? :)

Technically speaking its EA's new game' Bioware is just a subsidiary at this point. bought out twice now. Only a matter of time before they get merged in with some other studio in 'cost saving measures'.

World of Darkness News

http://www.wodnews.net

---

"I cannot profess to be a theologian; but it seems to me that Christians who believe in a super human Satan have got themselves into a logical impasse with regard to their own religion. For either God can not prevent the mischief of Satan, in which case he is not omnipotent; or else He could do so if he wished, but will not, in which case He is not benevolent. Fortunately, being a pagan witch, I am not called upon to solve this problem."

- Doreen Valiente