Dragon Age 2

Nepenthe

The Witcher 1 and 2 is trash. Plain and simple. And, disucssing that trash in a DA2 thread only serves to prove that those two games are trash and will always be trash.

As for DA2.

Graphics - Meh. Whilem DA2 graphics don't look to be the best ever, they are nowhere near as bad as the usual suspects claim.

New Armour/Weapon Rules - Seems a little too conoluted for what they are trying to accomplish. The old system is fine. Mages *should* be squishier for the most part than warriors and the system doens't really change their so called issue. So.. what's the point other than to be different?

That's my biggest issue with DA2 9and ME2 for that matter). Is that BIo seems to be changing things up just because they can not because they need to. And, I blame that desire of BIo on guys like Boo who are always whining that BIo games are always the 'same' (even though they aren't). Tsk, tsk.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

"The Witcher 1 and 2 is trash. Plain and simple. And, disucssing that trash in a DA2 thread only serves to prove that those two games are trash and will always be trash."

LIES. Plain and simple. Why do you lie, you liar?

L0LZ

R00FLES

With resources of the EA and Bioware, they should be able to do better graphics then they do now. Xbox360 is 5 years old now and thus there have been plenty of time to develop near optimal game engines like Anvil engine (used for Assassins Creed series), rockstars RAGE engine (GTA4 and Red Dead Redemption) or upcoming IdTech 5.

EA obviously wanted sequel with relatively fast schedule so complitely new graphics engine proabably wouldn't work. Personally I think we just have to suffer thru bad graphics in Dragon Age games (at least 2 and 3 ) untill next console generation (who knowns when that happen, possibly 2014-2015).

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

"Witcher 2 isn't even out so saying it's trash is just stupid."

The hilarity of such a comment being posted in a DA2 thread where people are bashing a game not even out is just flat out cool. o:)

"Personally I think we just have to suffer thru bad graphics in Dragon Age games (at least 2 and 3 )"

You know what's cool? It's called this thing we call freedom. freedom to play or not play whatever games you want. Don't like it, don't play it. Problem solved. It's why I didn't buy Sonic RPG, LV, or won't buy W2. But, i bought DA, NHL 11, and will buy Two Worlds 2.

*SHRUg*

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

will buy Two Worlds 2.

which is exactly like The Witcher o:) (I only have the demo, but can't shake the feeling I'm playing TW 1.5)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

My remarks where only pertaining to the graphics. o:)

Still I have that hunch that it will be Bio's weakest game since JE.

Well, that's not too bad then. At least it's not Neverwinter Nights, amirite?

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

FACT: Bioware worst games = NWN OC and Jade Empire.

FACT: Witcher 2 is not out yet

FACT: DA2 has looked like crap in several screenshots and gameplay videos

FACT: DA2 is not out yet

FACT: The Witcher is a good game. Better than Jade Empire.

FACT: Volourn is hysterical.

FACT: bears eat beats.

FACT: ROOFLES.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

FACT: I never played that Sonic DS game they made.

I really enjoyed Jade Empire. The fighting mechanics I don't think quite worked the way they'd planned/hopped, but it had a lot of entertainment value for me (but then again so did NWN OC and KotOR). If DA2 can have that same kind of entertainment value, then I'm all for it, personally.

I never played the Sonic DS game either.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

jade empire wasnt terrible, but it wasn't good enough to keep me entertained long enough to finish it, which is to me, the hallmark of a not-great game.

the combat was fine at first, but got really aggravating after a while, and I didn't feel invested in any of what was happening or in any of the characters. I'd call it a 6.5/10,

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I beat JE probably about 7 times - possibly more. I think KotOR and ME both were about the same. Definately replayed NWN OC and DA less.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

I beat JE probably about 7 times - possibly more. I think KotOR and ME both were about the same. Definately replayed NWN OC and DA less.

As if we needed more evidence that you're a space alien.

As if we needed more evidence that you're a space alien.

Well DA's case is a bit of an anomaly for me - I bought DA the same week my 360 red ringed (and don't have a PC capable of running it). By the time I got my 360 up and running ME2 was out, and I ended up playing it more. I think I only beat DA twice, with a third game going to the last battle that I never finished.

I plan on playing through the complete DA again when I get done with FO:NV.

But I did love JE - I know that this isn't a love shared by all though... :wub:

Witcher 2 isn't even out so saying it's trash is just stupid.

The irony.

Beat me to it.

I blew some pepsi from my nose at that, it's bordering on the blindest thing I've ever seen on a forum. :wub:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Jade Empire is an original setting (albeit it smells a lot of Kara-Tur), has no ancient evil and no Save The World! plot (you can also "lose" in the end). It even has a personal storyline. Combat is Dynasty Warriors like and pretty fun. Hence, I cannot call it bad.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Reading the last few pages of this thread is like watching an old, married couple bicker. I find it strange but very sweet.

Level scaling for armor... :wub:

Talk about outgrowing the old clothes.

Hmm?

The average level 2 enemy can bypass 40 armor better than the average level 1 enemy. That's basic level mechanics. I mean, if a level 1 and a level 2 enemy had the same amount of strength, health, magic, etc, the PC would never face a challenge after a few levels.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Reading the last few pages of this thread is like watching an old, married couple bicker. I find it strange but very sweet.

Level scaling for armor... :wub:

Talk about outgrowing the old clothes.

Hmm?

The average level 2 enemy can bypass 40 armor better than the average level 1 enemy. That's basic level mechanics. I mean, if a level 1 and a level 2 enemy had the same amount of strength, health, magic, etc, the PC would never face a challenge after a few levels.

if a level 1 and a level 2 enemy had the same amount of strength, health, magic, etc what would be the point of having a level 1 and a level 2 enemy? :)

I understood the description as your armour got weaker as you levelled up, simply because you levelled up, meaning that a level 1 enemy would have an easier time hurting you (not the same as killing you, as you presumably have more hp now) when you are level 5 than when you were level 2, hence my "level scaling" comment.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I don't want to put words in your mouth, but I think you must have accidently left out a word.

I was talking about armor.

If armor changes the way they say, then Warriors will still have more than Mages/Wizards, so, what's the difference? Except of course now we have a stupid rule that leveling up makes your armor less effective, giving Oblivion like "leveling up is totally broken and stupid, stay lvl 1"...

Care to explain why? I mean... the whole concept of Thaco in old D&D was armor class scaling to level.

Nah, THAC0 is what Armor Penetration is in DA1. Unless they removed that in DA2 (I doubt it) the only effect this change does is making armor weaker if you level up. Which is complete and utter nonsense. And enemies armor penetration increases per level too, which if they mess up (not utter unlikely, Nightmare on 1.4 was a breeze for me) means armor means jack. Which would turn the aggro-tank into swiss cheese. And what use is a tank then?

I don't see a huge step forward or inward, simply they have changed from absolute number to relative numbers so they can scale the damage in a more balanced way for all classes (just like 99% of RPGs after D&D).

Except they ALSO have that in DA1. They had armor, which does as you say, and resistances, which took % percentage off. And they didn't do stupid things like turn less per level. Imagine if Diablo took -4% resistance per level... but the enemies aren't doing less damage for it. Yeah...

Or did they drop that for DA2 too?

Basically, it sounds like a pretty weird and nonsensical nerf to the armor stat. They COULD just hand out less if high-armored warriors were an issue. Oh wait, they did the opposite in DLC. And now try to 'fix' it with what sounds like the most horrible idea ever. Hopefully it just sucks as much on paper and not in the game. Last thing we need is a game that mimic's Oblivion's horribly broken leveling system.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

if a level 1 and a level 2 enemy had the same amount of strength, health, magic, etc what would be the point of having a level 1 and a level 2 enemy? :wub:

Right.

I understood the description as your armour got weaker as you levelled up, simply because you levelled up, meaning that a level 1 enemy would have an easier time hurting you (not the same as killing you, as you presumably have more hp now) when you are level 5 than when you were level 2, hence my "level scaling" comment.

It didn't read that way to me but I'll attempt to get a clarification.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.