Dragon Age 2

Nepenthe

New Vegas is definitely about a man watching bigger events unravel in the background

Not really, considering how every major faction is practically begging the Courier to join them and solve all their problems, going so far as to forgive all past sins at one point.

The Courier is the catalyst for the unraveling of events, without him/her the stalemate would be maintained.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

well, the closing slideshow makes it look different, like you didn't stay there for long, you triggered some events and was gone sooner than it all was over. at least that's the impression I got

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

b) make game content that is exclusive of each other, which they always want to minimize because it means they'll be putting work into content that will only be used by a some of the players.

Isn't that kind of the point of RPG's though?

Completely eliminate it, and there is no 'choice', and without that, well... you might as well play Diablo... :thumbsup:

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Characters will drop-in/drop-out at will during acts.

that's exactly what I'm hoping for ;(

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Many "true" RPG players will likely think I'm a nutcase, but I have never liked that the player has 100% control over companions, especially when it comes to the weapons/armor they use. Changing their equipment on the fly feels like playing dollhouse.

actually, I couldn't agree more, that's good for a dungeon crawler but for an RPG... meh

Walsingham said:

i dont care either way so long as it fits the game. planescape torment for instance would still have worked imo if you couldn't mess with your npc's gear. Final fantasy 7 or baldurs gate would not.

actually... im having a hard time thinking of games that would be improved if you could no longer change the npc's gear

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Many "true" RPG players will likely think I'm a nutcase, but I have never liked that the player has 100% control over companions, especially when it comes to the weapons/armor they use. Changing their equipment on the fly feels like playing dollhouse.

I can't disagree. But I can't look at companions just showing up for the adventuring whenever they feel like as a good thing. You do that at a tabletop RPG, they might stop reserving beer and chips for you. And I hate when it happens in strategy games. So as a combination of the two, RPGs and strategy, I can't like it.

Whereas the approval system I thought was clearly an element of this that I did kind of like. It illustrated the companions as having their own sets of values, while allowing you to interact with that in a choice/consequence fashion.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

"dungeon crawler but for an RPG.."

Umm.. dungeon crawlers *are* rpgs....

"Whereas the approval system I thought was clearly an element of this that I did kind of like. It illustrated the companions as having their own sets of values, while allowing you to interact with that in a choice/consequence fashion."

There will still be an approval system as every BIO RPG since BG1 has had an 'approval' system. Just because the numbers aren't flashing in neon lgihts doesn't mean it don't exist.

"i dont care either way so long as it fits the game. planescape torment for instance would still have worked imo if you couldn't mess with your npc's gear. Final fantasy 7 or baldurs gate would not."

Disagree. It hurts the rpgness the more power you give the player over companions. Makes them more automations than actual characters even though I dunstand the 'funness' of it hence why dungeon crawlers are enjoyable.

DWARVES IN PROJECT ETERNITY = VOLOURN HAS PLEDGED $250.

planescape torment for instance would still have worked imo if you couldn't mess with your npc's gear.

PS:T was kinda limited that way since there wasn't that much equipment for them, atleast armors. And it was done really well, I love the comments they give when you fiddle with their stuff!

Whereas the approval system I thought was clearly an element of this that I did kind of like. It illustrated the companions as having their own sets of values, while allowing you to interact with that in a choice/consequence fashion.

I think approval systems are great, but DA screwed it up with really stupid gift system. You could just flood them with stupid stuff and suddenly they love you.

I don't know why Bioware do it, set up a special design team called 'Make a game uniquely calibrated to make Monte want to go postal' but they have.

I think it's more of a "Monte wants to draw conclusions that make him go postal based on WMGing and incomplete second hand information"? ;)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I think approval systems are great, but DA screwed it up with really stupid gift system. You could just flood them with stupid stuff and suddenly they love you.

Good point, I forgot about that element of the system as they had it.

I don't know why Bioware do it, set up a special design team called 'Make a game uniquely calibrated to make Monte want to go postal' but they have.

I think it's more of a "Monte wants to draw conclusions that make him go postal based on WMGing and incomplete second hand information"? ;)

No.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Umm.. dungeon crawlers *are* rpgs....

riiiiiiiight.

Walsingham said:

I'd call both Diablo and Oblivion dungeon crawlers AND RPGs.

But maybe I'm being too literal on what dungeon crawler is.

I'd call both Diablo and Oblivion dungeon crawlers AND RPGs.

But maybe I'm being too literal on what dungeon crawler is.

for me "dungeon crawler" is a spider or a rat, would call a beholder that too .... if it would have something to crawl with

and I don't call Diablo an RPG even as I liked it, although I do call Oblivion one, but a very terrible one at the same time

EDIT: Tale, sig, Darkwing Duck?

Edited by Jorian Drake

IB1OsQq.png

EDIT: Tale, sig, Darkwing Duck?

I am the vague thread title of "what do?" on the general forum of a game you just started playing. I am the oddly colored text on dark background that causes eyestrain when you try to read it. I am the terror that flaps in the night! I am Darkwing Duck!

Edited by Tale