Deus Ex 3

Pidesco

Well, then you have obviously spat on the memory of Deus Ex 1.

How does that make you feel?

Thirsty.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

i'm on the fence regarding preordering. i almost always wait for reviews, but i have a good feeling about this one... I'll probably wait until a day or two before its released (when there is a LOT of previews and hands-on impressions going around from the people with review copies, as these often indicate overall quality of the game when you can read between the lines and avoid the potentially corrupt reviewers)

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Meh, don't like these mutually exclusive preorder packs. Can live with one, like EA's been doing of late (Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit and DA2), but stuff like this and ME2 make me... UNHAPPY. Especially when the best gun in the game is one of these items, like it was with ME2 (Blackstorm. Never have I been gladder to have bought it from Lamestop. And beating the system and getting pretty much everything else, too).

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

The thing I dislike about them is I'm kind of getting into a purist phase. These things are rarely tested or balanced. And sometimes their visuals aren't up to quality.

Like the Weathered 10mm, which is the only gun you can expect to have early on that's very effective against small radscorpions. It's better than every weapon you'll find until you probably hit Vegas. And the armor is better than you'll find until on the way to Novac. But the weapon doesn't handle weapon mods properly (it's probably not supposed to handle them at all) and causes visual bugs.

Or the special merchant in Neverwinter Nights 2 that offered, among other high end equipment at a discount, a permanent haste item.

Mass Effect 2 stuff from Steam wasn't bad, I guess. I never used any of it, except the Inferno armor for one level.

I like how Red Dead Redemption did it. It was slightly overpowered, I'll grant, but it still required conditions to unlock, same as the rest. Helps that it was just so cool looking.

Edited by Tale

The thing I dislike about them is I'm kind of getting into a purist phase. These things are rarely tested or balanced. And sometimes their visuals aren't up to quality.

Like the Weathered 10mm, which is the only gun you can expect to have early on that's very effective against small radscorpions. It's better than every weapon you'll find until you probably hit Vegas. And the armor is better than you'll find until on the way to Novac. But the weapon doesn't handle weapon mods properly (it's probably not supposed to handle them at all) and causes visual bugs.

Or the special merchant in Neverwinter Nights 2 that offered, among other high end equipment at a discount, a permanent haste item.

I like how Red Dead Redemption did it. It was slightly overpowered, I'll grant, but it still required special conditions to unlock, same as the rest.

Let's not forget Deirdre & Joluv! ;)

I agree with most of your points, but there've been times when I've been very impressed by the preorder stuff. I kind of wish it was always just gimmicks and stuff, or that I'd at the very least know beforehand. :)

Like the exclusive mission in the first DX3 option. Probably going to be nothing to write home about, but the OCD in me insists that I get it. Gnn.

Assassin's Creed 2 soured me on DLC/exclusive missions already. The one I had was just a platforming/chase mission, of which there were like two or three others in the game already.

Or the Mass Effect 2 Normandy crash site. Which was literally just wandering around looking for shiny spots.

Edited by Tale

Only DLC I've found somewhat interesting were some of the Borderlands ones. Knoxx and Ned, mostly.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Only DLC I've found somewhat interesting were some of the Borderlands ones. Knoxx and Ned, mostly.

We're more talking about pre-order exclusives.

I think i might pre order this Augmented Edition as it includes all the preorders.

DXHR-Collectors.jpg

A totally new mission, entitled "Rescuing Tong"

Four additional weapons

- Explosive detonator M-28.

- Linebacker Lance-Grenades G-87.

- Double-barreled rifle Silverback "Hunter."

- Sniper rifle silencer SERSR Longsword "Whisperhead.

1 "Digital Automatic Unlock" - to unlock some doors and chests without hacking.

10 000 extra credits to buy or upgrade weapons.

Exclusive Bonus DVD

- Making of - 44 minutes

- Game Soundtrack

- Motion Comic (adapted from the official series by DC Comics)

- Trailer from E3 with its animation storyboard.

Artbook - 40 pages

1.13 killed off Ja2.

Soundtrack might be tempting, but hopefully one can extract or just get that. The 10,000 credits at the start though, heh.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

I'd be tempted by the soundtrack and the artbook... but ah well. Those collector editions are murder to find so it probably wouldn't be worth the hassle of finding one in the UK..

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Assassin's Creed 2 soured me on DLC/exclusive missions already. The one I had was just a platforming/chase mission, of which there were like two or three others in the game already.

Or the Mass Effect 2 Normandy crash site. Which was literally just wandering around looking for shiny spots.

I'll second that AC2 has one of the best DLC ever they actually add to the story so seamlessly that it's hard to know that they are in fact DLCs. Although they still had a few bugs.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

I'm waiting until one can preorder the preorder.

@purk: I agree and that's why I want to hear reactions from here. Obsidianites tend to be more in line with my taste in gaming than others.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I'll second that AC2 has one of the best DLC ever they actually add to the story so seamlessly that it's hard to know that they are in fact DLCs. Although they still had a few bugs.

That's because they were planned way ahead and/or removed from the main game to sell later.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

That's because they were planned way ahead and/or removed from the main game to sell later.

Seems likely, I think that the testing had something to do with it. But still it was a great DLC, gave some background characters the chance to shine (Caterina Sforza is one of my favorites characters of the year)

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

EA and Project 10 dollar says that it was planned way ahead.

Even if it was developed as part of the main game and removed, at no point while playing AC 2 did I feel that I was missing content. It's the same with Shale in DA 2. If you don't have her, you'd never suspect that there's a missing companion.

Alternatively, there's Warden's Keep and that doof that hangs around your camp specifically to tell you that there's content you're missing. Horrible design.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Considering the brilliant music in the trailers, I'll definitely be gunning for that edition. I still hope I can get an English version, while I'm fluent in French, I doubt it would be the same. Even for a game developed in Monreal. >_<

I hope (and encourage!) some of you take a few minutes to do brief reviews and impressions of this game once it is released. I'm not touching it until I hear reactions from people here.

Some of us will. But I won't.

Day One! Day One! Day 11111111!!!!

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Considering the brilliant music in the trailers, I'll definitely be gunning for that edition. I still hope I can get an English version, while I'm fluent in French, I doubt it would be the same. Even for a game developed in Monreal. :ermm:

Apparently Gamestop US has the "Augmented Edition" available for pre-order...

Of course, if you order via there just to get that.. you probably won't get it on day one.. ah, the choices you have to make.. >_<

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Another thing about pre-orders specials no-one mentioned yet is that it's almost always for American's only, so we Europeans get shafted.

If it was digital like Steam it could, but then again... then you got to use Steam, so it's not that much better a deal...

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee