FO: NV (General Discussion)

Pidesco

I always took it that the radroaches were there anyhow and the rats came in when he opened the door to leave.

Yeah, like I said Number 1. The vault is a contained area. Mutated Coackroach = Serious Breach. The consequences of something like this make it extrem serious. This should not happen. And absolutly not taken as comically lightly as Jonas and James did.

Number 2: Then I suppose everyone just opened all these doors nicely for the rats. And I guess they had some secret holy plan to get in as soon as the door opened so that the lot of em surely are in before it closes again. Yes.

Furthermore if it was like that it makes James just as guilty because he would have known what would happen.

Edited by C2B

Security probably could have handled the roaches if they weren't too busy beating up and shooting their own people. Radroaches are killing people! Hurry lets pound on Jonas! That'll fix things.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Security probably could have handled the roaches if they weren't too busy beating up and shooting their own people. Radroaches are killing people! Hurry lets pound on Jonas! That'll fix things.

1. Not all Security beat Jonas up thats ridiculus. Furthermore since the rats came in when James Security were nearly all on their posts. The torture happened AFTER the rats came in logically.

Which makes the whole thing even more stupid.

2. Security should be able to handle them. Yet they failed. Why?

Edited by C2B

Maybe there had been a breach in the reactor room for a long time but it was never reported because the bored technicians taught it was fun to shoot radroaches. Not to mention James & Jonas thought it would be a good idea to set them loose to cover their escape.

The only retarded thing is James leaving his kid behind, thinking the Overseer would somehow let everything pass. The Overseer didn't even trust his own daughter, for crying out loud.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Maybe there had been a breach in the reactor room for a long time but it was never reported because the bored technicians taught it was fun to shoot radroaches. Not to mention James & Jonas thought it would be a good idea to set them loose to cover their escape.

Okay, I stated my point. If this idea isn't illogical I don't know what is

I'll drop it.

And yes, good idea to set them loose. **** all the other people that die, right? As uninvolved as they are.

Edit: Sorry sounded like a personal attack at first.

Edited by C2B

Liberty Prime was awesome as well,

Yes, why not have giant crocodiles, mutated balloons and exploding digeridoos as well?! :(

(Sorry, I guess some people actually weren't disgusted by the giant wet dream that was Liberty Prime...)

FO3 tried very hard to make you get interested in the main quest at the start, no question about it. In the end story is not one of NV's strong suits, really. In both cases if you follow the MQ you end up doing the breadcrumbs for quite a while.

The Fallouts were never about having a strong story (or narrative) though. It's always been barebones, leaving more room for the player to create the story through affecting the wasteland and so forth. That's what's nice about it, not being forced into non-interactive situations all the time.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

The Fallouts were never about having a strong story (or narrative) though.

I agree and that was what I found so irritating about the opening story sequence in FO3. Why make me sit through that badly written nonsense? Just drop my character at the front door of Vault 101 with a note in my pipboy saying: "Your father split. Go find him. Or not..."

That would have been perfectly sufficient to get the game started.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Yes, why not have giant crocodiles,

Wasn't the second Fallout: Tactics going to have mutated crocodiles?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The Fallouts were never about having a strong story (or narrative) though. It's always been barebones, leaving more room for the player to create the story through affecting the wasteland and so forth. That's what's nice about it, not being forced into non-interactive situations all the time.

Nope, I disagree.

The Fallout Games were about having a strong lore (that got sadly mutilated several times over the years) and focus their narrative not on the main plot itself but on the wasteland, its population and society.

All these things still belong to the narrative. All these things still are an indicator for good writing.

Yes, why not have giant crocodiles, mutated balloons and exploding digeridoos as well?! :(

Which would clearly be a travesty.

Unlike coyote-snakes that surley make a worthy contribution to the franchaise.

800px-Night_stalker.jpg

Anyway, while you might think that huge super mutants and robots would fit in Fallout, to me they went straight to facepalm department. They are just ridiculous in my opinion.

Did they ever say who made those things ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Oh, those. For some reason I never connected their weird heads with snakes... probably cause they move so fast and I'm usually running away.

Agreed that they are pretty nuts. Doesn't make Optimus, uh, Liberty Prime any better.

Patch is here. Nice to see its forcing itself to download even after I clicked on Do Not automatically update this game. Love that Steam. Every time a patch installs it screws up my current saved game. Gee I bet I have to restart another game.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Fallout: New Vegas v1.2

This update addresses issues with the following areas:

- Pip-Boy Interface

- Repair Menu

- Caravan

- Weapons and Weapon Mods

- Hardcore Mode

- Perks

- Skills

- Crafting Recipes

- Crafting Menu

- Mojave Express

- Chems/Addiction

- Doctors

- Vendors

- PreOrder DLC Items

- Reputation System

- Radio Stations

- Companion fixes

- Companion Quests

And fixes for the following quests:

- Ain

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

I had copied both the exe and the esm file elsewhere in the hopes that if I hated this patch, I could use them to revert back to previous. But so far this new patch is working fine. The changelog could be more descriptive, we're having to find a lot of stuff on our own/use the GECK.

--Stimpacks cost a lot more to buy...around 100 now instead of 25ish depending on your skills I guess.

--Sniper Rifle crit. chance reduced to x1, DMG lowered to 42, and DPS lowered to mid-70's. Fire rate/speed remains the same, and it still seems quite powerful to me. The Gobi also reduced, to similar.

--Cowboy repeater/hand-loaders bug FINALLY FIXED. My fully modded CR is now an awesome machine of destruction again!

Did all the quick testing I could do with my nearly-complete current games, so time to wipe the save directory and start a new chr. Yay.

Side note that has nothing to do with this patch...I just realized the other day that ever since patch 1.1 (I think), Boone never says "Let me aim that for you next time." Or "What's your problem." He does still say "why don't I aim my gun at you"...but not as often. I know he said the first two lines way too often, but I think never saying them is no fun. I guess it's all or nothing. What bugs me tho is that others still talk constantly. Like Cass and her idle lines..."Sure could use a drink" and "Caravan of two" OVER AND OVER AND OVER. Why didn't they reduce those while they were at it? Hmm? Bah!

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

P.S. The patch works fine with the Improved/multiple companions mod, the dance mod, and the idle-behavior mod I have. Plus all the little non-complex mods I made myself.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I like the sound of quest fixes, but my char is already halfway through - anyone know about savegame compatibility?

Unarmed with explosive backup and terrible Speech (20 at level 14) is working pretty fine so far, Paladin Toaster has evened the odds. The knockback power attack you learn from the ranger in Novac is very useful if you time it right. I like how with unarmed, as opposed to pistols/sniper, ghouls are so much easier to dispose of, but not so much geckos.

I believe most things are save game compatible/will effect saves, but of course there may be some that won't work retroactively. I don't think it'll harm anything, generally speaking, tho. But...that's just not something one can say for sure.

Dear Obsidian: Is there some reason why Boone, and so far, only Boone, no longer looks at you when you get close? For that matter, he doesn't look at anyone anymore, not npc's or other companions. If the other companions also had this new behaviour, I'd think that there was some reason for it. But Arcade and Raul both continue to gaze at any npc/player that's in close up range.

No, it's not important to gameplay, but Boone now feels like a statue. This is not fun for me or other Boone fans I've talked to. Could you change it back, please? Bad enough he now almost never says anything but Eat This now. I'd like the non-statue version of Boone back, please.

P.S. - I do like the quest fixes and I do like the hand-loader weapon bug fix. Don't really care about the weapons stuff since I can do that myself in the Geck....I did learn if I copy back the 1.1 .esm file but left the new 1.2 .exe file, I'd get the handloader fix, but not the quest/weapons/Boone statue changes. So...maybe I'll go back. The quest issues I rarely had a problem with anyway...

Edited by LadyCrimson