FO: NV (General Discussion)

Pidesco

I've had a reasonably stable trip through New Vegas. But I've just tried twice and have been unable to get through the endgame slides without a freakin' crash.

Of all the things that can go wrong with the game, the ****ing endgame slides??!!!

Edit: Make that three tries.

Edited by Enoch

just read 'em on wiki :sorcerer: saved me a lot of time

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

The environs look awesome there and the way the story is presented here, sounds like it could be pretty interesting. The... ghosts/holograms/whatever shooting psionic bursts are pretty eeeh though.

Still, very intriguing. Too bad there's the whole Xbox only thing going for it right now.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

the way im going to look at it: xbox first means that by the time DLC comes out on pc it will have been patched.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Was Fallout 3 DLC ever patched? Because Fawkes is still invincible.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Dead Money looks like fun, only...it feels a bit more generic. Then, who am I to talk, since I've only played NV. :ermm: I do like the all-for-one succeed or die concept, tho. Feels cinematic. Could be very interesting.

the way im going to look at it: xbox first means that by the time DLC comes out on pc it will have been patched.

Not that means a whole lot sometimes.... :p

Well I mostly fixed Boone's head-tracking but the holster-combat issue is truly annoying/somewhat handi-capping, so...Arcade is now my new favorite companion. Maybe I can find him a boyfriend. Tho more likely I'll revert to 1.1 for a while.

....is Diablo3 out yet? ...

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

....is Diablo3 out yet? ...

ahaha, what's wrong? getting tired of NV? :ermm:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Except for making stupid videos and roaming the wastes 30 minutes at a time with super-powered companions for giggles, I was tiring of the game itself a while back...trying to figure out scripting/packages in the GECK gave my OCD something to do but I've given up on that now....unless I build myself a house. Yeah, I could do that. One that's bigger than Novac's but isn't part of House's estate...that I can send companions to (unlike Novac).

So yeah...I could use another game to obsess over. Winter, bah. :D

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

From the latest Bethesda newsletter

Dead Money Arrives on Xbox LIVE on Tuesday

fnv-dlc1-deadmoney-x360-fob.jpg

Just a reminder that Dead Money, the first downloadable content for Fallout: New Vegas, arrives exclusively on Xbox LIVE on Tuesday, December 21st.

Visit Bethesda Blog to check out the trailer, and below we've got a look at two previously unseen screenshots.

deadmoney-screen01B.jpg

deadmoney-screen02B.jpg

I love the game so mycg, but have run into my first squadron of bugs, surrounding the Beyond the Beef quest.

What blows my mind is how much care and attention to detail goes into the scenes and the storyline. I was really feeling tense and excited about the plot emerging.

...And then WHAM total game lockdown.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I love the game so mycg, but have run into my first squadron of bugs, surrounding the Beyond the Beef quest.

What blows my mind is how much care and attention to detail goes into the scenes and the storyline. I was really feeling tense and excited about the plot emerging.

I've been lucky that I didn't run into any game stoppers. I did run into a quest that was almost unfinishable. The talent recruit quest, the guy who hires you to look for talent would NOT STOP DANCING! Punching him finally got his attention so I could talk to him and finish the quest. o:)

Would you go into more detail please, not for any other reason than my curiosity. I didn't notice any bugs with BtB but I did find it very easy to make the optimal nice ending impossible.

Also if you have Veronica in your posse there is a special gift you can pickup for her during that quest, just saying.

Edited by Serrano

Some cryptic DLC info supposedly from a Focus Tester at Something Awful

Syrant posted:

Can you say what those ghost things are and why they're hostile how they are made?

The ghost people are hostile for the same reason everything else in the Mojave is hostile- because gently caress you, I want your stuff. vv

As for how they're made, let's say the haze in the sky isn't dust and leave it at that.

El Negocio posted:

Please tell me that ghoul wearing the tux and authority shades is one of the people you're forced to work with, and that he acts as awesome as he looks.

He is, he does, and the best part is that almost all of you have already seen him playing through new vegas, though perhaps in a decidedly more aesthetic version.

Dr. Discomfort posted:

So is the nightkin's name Dog?

You mean the one with "Dog" carved into its chest? Well... sort of.

Edited by C2B

- "GetWellGamers" at SAF is Ryan Sharpe, the president of The Get-Well Gamers Foundation. He was former Obsidian QA tester on NWN2 and currently works as editor at Nippon Ichi Software America according to his LinkedIn profile.

- J.E. Sawyer's formspring Q&A

What would you say was the major lesson you took away after the development of FNV to apply (if possible) to future projects at Obsidian? Something you guys really got right, or wrong, for instance?

Use less complex scripting in quest scenarios and stage the development of quests in a more progressive fashion. I.e. start by implementing the A-priority, bare-bones, 100% solid scenario for everything first. Only after everything is in at A-priority does mad experimentation begin. The advantage to this is that if your mad experiments turn out to be completely idiotic experiments, you still have an A-priority path that, if arguably a little bland, still works as designed and isn't going to blow up in the player's face.

Starting with a scenario that is a complex Faberg

Edited by funcroc

Another post of Sharpe

Schlegel Mach posted:

So, is the bald girl as much of a stereotype as I think she is?

Hahaahaha.

A stereotype? A stereotype.

You have no loving idea. I'm not even going to go into it, because she's one of the best-written characters I've seen in forever. Her dialogues are sublime, I'm talking Planescape-level awesome, and you guys should all experience her for yourself.