What you did today

Pidesco

Out running some errands around the village, getting past some snow and ice, picking up prescriptions for my mother then off to pick up some milk and assorted needed things. (also picked up two bottles of Croft Reserve Port to enjoy over christmas)..

However, had my ipod with me, listening to some GiTS scores and soundtrack.. hit a couple of the slow paced soulful tracks and out of nowhere just had the really stonkingly vivid image of slowdancing with my ex. Given me a total mood turnaround and hit all those buttons.

Anyhow, hot cup of tea to warm up. See if I can force some festive spirit back.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Today I hit level fifty in Company of Heroes Online, which was rather good. My level-up game was the shameless demolition of a lower-ranked team in a 4V4, unleashing rocket barrages, hordes of stealthed-up stormtroopers and hero armour units. Wahey! They were rage-quitting left, right and centre.

Fifty is the level cap, I've made the top 3% of players in my commander class. I've never really been into competitive online gaming but this one is awesome.

Now I've made an allied Airborne Commander, which is definitely not a power-build. Should be a challenge nursing him to level fifty, after the sheer armoured steamroller of my Blitzkrieg guy it should be fun playing a lightly armed mobile doctrine.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Today I donated my thousand dollars worth of flight vouchers to the charity Afghan Heroes, who support serving soldiers and their families. Really believe I feel better for doing this than using the damn things. :)

Completed my Christmas shopping by buying books, DVDs, and booze. Uninspired, but hopefully good. :)

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Woke up, took a shower, sat down at my computer and looked at my email...

And learned that my parents had my cat put out of her misery today because the cancer she had was inoperable.

:)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Lucky dogs. Here in Initech I get the 27th and 28th off. So 27th is ruined as I watch Arsenal lose, hm..not much of a break.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Spending the next several days pretending there's no such thing as Xmas holidays. I become more Grinch-like every year. I think my hair is starting to turn green.

But Happy Holidays anyway.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Letting the evening soak over me. Just caught up on the last episode of Top Gear.. which was amusing for all the anti-Stig comments the trio came up with.

Now just working on some mince pies with cream and some port.

Although going out late tonight to do some shopping for food for the christmas meal. Hopefully around midnight the store will be lacking the annoying crowds.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Looked up some 50's Korean psychedelic rock for some reason. Forced to go to pointless family dinner now where we will reaffirm the encouraging fact that we don't really know or care that much for each other...

I'm just getting home from a Christmas Eve party at the inlaws. It's been a pretty hectic week. Working in retail can be quite exhausting. And then I had a bout of the stomach flu that I'm just getting over in time for x-mas dinner tomorrow. And to top it off I exchanged vows on Wednesday.

I could really use a month off just to recover, but I doubt that's going to happen.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I'm just getting home from a Christmas Eve party at the inlaws. It's been a pretty hectic week. Working in retail can be quite exhausting. And then I had a bout of the stomach flu that I'm just getting over in time for x-mas dinner tomorrow. And to top it off I exchanged vows on Wednesday.

I could really use a month off just to recover, but I doubt that's going to happen.

Congrats Cory. Glad everything worked out with the girl!

Woke up and was surly because my parents decided to tell me last minute before going to breakfast that "We were planning to go for a walk!" when its' 15 degrees out and light snow. We ended up just eating then going back to their room, I opened presents then just kinda sat around for 40 minutes while my mom read the paper and dad messed around on the laptop before asking to get driven back to my room here at school because I was bored as heck.

And my dad promptly got indignant that I didn't want to spend time with the family... doing absolutely nothing.

They did. But honestly My idea of seeing them isn't just lying on my back on their bed at the hotel while they futz around with different things (the paper and the computer). If we'd been discussing what to do, or doing something or whatever it'd be different but I could get the same exact experience in my own place alone.

But if they came to visit you, that makes you the host. Shouldn't you be the one saying, "Hey, let's go do this?" It is your town after all.

I don't want it to sound like I'm giving you a hard time. It takes awhile for the parent/child relationship to change into more of a friendship (and many people never get there) but it is a good start to plan things out for them when they visit. Just a suggestion :p

I imagine the weather doesn't make it easy either!

Well... that's one of the problems we sorta kinda ran into. We're in Ames Iowa. The entire economy revolves around the students from top to bottom. They're gone and thus the place is basically shut down with VERY VERY little to do. We ended up seeing a movie (Tangled, pretty good actually) and snagging dinner. But beyond that it's not like we can rush out and find something, or dig up some other form of entertainment. This place is probably the closest you'll get to an honest to god "college town".

I woke up early, spent time cleaning out & backing up a couple hard drives. Ate, showered, fed pets & squirrels, watched the rain, watched an hour of TV, made a few sorta-new outfits in NV for giggles, ate again, and now...hmm. Think I'll rent a flick.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

No we won't! It warmed up a fair bit for Christmas yesterday, but today the temperature dropped a few degrees and the snow starting blowing again.

I worked today for triple time. Took my lunch and bought myself a new golf club with a gift card I received for Christmas.

Now, the missus is making supper while I take a break from the paperwork I brought home.

Married life is good. Real good.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

No we won't! It warmed up a fair bit for Christmas yesterday, but today the temperature dropped a few degrees and the snow starting blowing again.

Screw you, I'm gonna bitch about it! It's gotten a little colder the past couple days, but there is no sign of any precipitation. The weather report also says it's supposed to get above 0 for new years! Where is my damn snow?! >_<