FO: NV (General Discussion)

New Vegas general discussion. Spoilers go to the spoiler thread not here.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

we already have a spoiler thread ;)

anyway

It's a reference to the gun from Fallout 2, which was a easteregg in Fallout 1.

oh, I've never seen it there, because I had the weapon progression burned into my brain: double-barreled saw-off/hunter rifle > sniper carbine > sniper rifle > turbo plasma > BoS prototype/gauss rifle

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

"That Gun" is actually THIS gun: http://cache.gawker.com/assets/images/io9/...eckard01_01.jpg

it's from blade runner, and it is awesome.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

bah! it's the gun I always use in F2. man, didn't recognize my baby

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

i used the geck to make it more like the movie version, a slower rate of fire but a higher dam. its not as good as This Machine, but its still a very reliable, well rounded gun that uses easy to find ammo, it was my go-to gun from ~level 11-18 which is when I found This Machine

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I can't get This Machine ;) the quest bugged

Walsingham said:

I guess it's the same for them as it is for you?

I encountered a very interesting bug: for some strange reason I can use the Anti-Materiel rifle with a STR of 5, actually I can use any weapon no matter how high the requirement is. only noticed it now

Edited by sorophx
Walsingham said:

-Suggestions

Karma affects quest rewards(A person with bad Karma doing quests for a "Good faction" gets a smaller reward)

Perception affects how far you zoom in with iron sights.

I thought the Eyebot was going to be a customizable companion(You improve him as your Repair and Science level up, craft unique weapons at benches)

The Scribe can create weapon attachments for you(haven't gotten that far)

The Special moves for melee should be unlocked according to how early you get the weapon.

Enemies can't tell where silenced shots are coming from.

Survival Affects fast travel speed.

Edited by Irrelevant

It's not Christmas anymore but I've fallen in love with these two songs:

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=HXjk3P5LjxY

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=NJJ18aB2Ggk

I encountered a very interesting bug: for some strange reason I can use the Anti-Materiel rifle with a STR of 5, actually I can use any weapon no matter how high the requirement is. only noticed it now

not a bug. if you dont have the requirements the weapon is less accurate, you can still use it.

I found myself trying to disable the Classic Pack. First thing I get after starting up a new game "Classic items added to inventory." I guess I'll just sell them instead...

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

About those Legion clowns at Nipton: "Vulpes Inculta" is an epic fail. It should've been "Lupus Incultus", "vulpes" means fox, not wolf. I'm guessing he's wearing a wolf head because the wolf is an important symbol of Rome, i.e. the she-wolf who fed Romulus & Remus (Romulus being the founder of Rome according to legend).

Anyway, it's hard to take those schmucks seriously. The only reason why I didn't shoot their heads off is because I feared to break yet another quest.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

i killed those guys. didnt regret it. i killed every legion person i found in the game, i failed several quests because of this, yet I still had way more quests than I could manage anyway so no biggie, i will let them live next time and see what happens.

I am walking a thin line right now balancing between NCR and the Legion, am liked by both. the funniest thing is to make one faction attack the other and then stand in the middle of the fight watching

Walsingham said:

Also for energy weapons playthroughs this mod is quite helpful. It de-nerfs energy weapons quite a bit. It doesn't increase their damage, but it does allow for better armor piercing. This removes the propensity for my 20 Guns / 50 Energy Weapons character to regularly break out a shotgun instead of a plasma gun.

About those Legion clowns at Nipton: "Vulpes Inculta" is an epic fail. It should've been "Lupus Incultus", "vulpes" means fox, not wolf. I'm guessing he's wearing a wolf head because the wolf is an important symbol of Rome, i.e. the she-wolf who fed Romulus & Remus (Romulus being the founder of Rome according to legend).

Anyway, it's hard to take those schmucks seriously. The only reason why I didn't shoot their heads off is because I feared to break yet another quest.

Some npcs ingame sometimes talking about a Mr. Fox. Especially in Nipton are letters spread, which note him.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Okay, what are the penalties for me as well haha.

I think you only suffer penalties to using the weapon if you don't meet the requirement.

I found myself trying to disable the Classic Pack. First thing I get after starting up a new game "Classic items added to inventory." I guess I'll just sell them instead...

Pretty sure the addons can be disabled in the "Data Files" app from the launcher.

This is precisely what I did. For some reason it does not take.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

You can drop them if you don't want to give yourself a leg up to start.

On the other hand, I am loving the ammo crafting as I just built up a ton of badass .357, .308, and 10mm rounds. .357 for general purpose, .308 for hard targets, and 10mm for juicy soft targets. Oh baby!!! :D

J.E. Sawyer's formspring Q&A

Whoever did Vault 11 should win an award. I found no real treasure, no big, difficult fights, but it still stands out as the single best gaming experience I've had in years.

Eric Fenstermaker designed Vault 11.

Who did the writing for Veronica? She's my favorite companion by far and quickly becoming one of my favorite female characters in gaming, period.

Eric "Hollywood" Fenstermaker.

Who wrote Yes Man?

John Gonzalez.

Who did the writing for Arcade Gannon?

I did.

Added: Gamespy - 4.5/5, 1UP - B

Edited by funcroc