FO: NV (Spoilers)

That's what I wrote about here already. Did you defused it with skill or with deactivation codes? People said, it doesn't work with skill-defuse.

I managed to get it with the skill defuse.

Pretty sure I did too, but can't be certain as I had the codes, too.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I defused with a science check

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Apparently if you had talked to the mole in the tower previously, the monorail will blow up no matter what you do. Needs to be patched.

Why?

Because defused bombs aren't supposed to go off. Especially if the quest journal mentions you've succesfully defused the bomb.

Oh. Now I agree. Unless there's a second one when you stupidly inform him of your progress! :p

Did more reading and I guess companion skills don't rise, the varied numbers must be for difficulty setting? Because I put my current game on Very Hard and I think Boone is even more bad-ass than he was in Normal! He hasn't 'died' even once, where in Normal it felt like he was always falling over if outnumbered & I'd mop up the rest & wait for him to get back up again. Now it's like he's a superpowered machine of death, even in tight indoor quarters. Just his default rifle/hat/armor too, and not just the easy 1 on 1 from a great distance stuff. He wiped out a cluster of 9 sentry/gutsy's mostly by himself that I bumped into when I was lvl 6, taking hardly any dmg (he must have Miraculous Avoidance now) so yeah.

This may not sound like 'fun' but it was. Very very fun & made me giggle like mad a lot. Especially outdoors, we're like the best most awesome team of death ever. Sorry I ever doubted you, Boone, you're a seriously kick-ass dude. Don't ever change. Btw, if you don't want him to shoot things until you're ready, but don't quite want to leave him at the hotel either, I found the convo option "I want to talk about your tactics" eventually leads to an "I want you not to attack enemies until I've engaged them" selection. It seemed to work, but I haven't really put it to the test yet ... just found it before I went to bed last night.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Veronica with Pushy is even 'worse' than Boone. At the end of her quest I got ambushed by several BoS Paladins wielding gauss rifles & gatling rifles, and she killed them all in two hits basically.

Only deathclaws can hurt her now, since their attacks ignore DT.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I haven't even *met* Veronica yet, and I'm level 25.

I've met Cass, Boone, ED-E, and I met Rex for the first time last night. Oh, right, I met Arcade, but didn't realize he was a companion until I read about it.

I was at the King's place and told ED-E to go to our home in the Lucky 38. As I headed back to the Strip with Rex, I found ED-E in a shoot out with the robots outside the gate. I guess if it's not in my party, ED-E is considered another intruder. I wandered off and then came back to find one of the gatekeepers dead. I suppose I should find out if the robot made it back safely. I'd be annoyed if companions you order to return to base can die on the way there.

Can I interact with the nightkin in Novac? I Stole his note but I can't tell the farmers he's responsible.

Yes, you can fill him full of bullets. That's a form of interaction.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Can I interact with the nightkin in Novac? I Stole his note but I can't tell the farmers he's responsible.

You have to kill him while he's attacking the cows. Sometimes there's a bug where he just stands there.

Veronica is the third companion in the main quest's path. She's at 188, which is on the way between Novac and Boulder.

Raul's the hardest to meet/get. He's completely off the path and guarded by supermutant masters.

I just did Arcade's quest. Apparently the way I did it won't let me get the Enclave armor, so I'm reloading an older save.

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Veronica with Pushy is even 'worse' than Boone. At the end of her quest I got ambushed by several BoS Paladins wielding gauss rifles & gatling rifles, and she killed them all in two hits basically.

I can't wait to get higher up/give Boone some awesome rifle or something. The companions are all 'too strong' perhaps but I don't care. I find it crazy fun. I hope they don't patch 'em to make them weaker, like Blizzard tends to since people can just not use them. :p

You have to kill him while he's attacking the cows. Sometimes there's a bug where he just stands there.

I must have that bug then, because I've killed him twice in daylight while he just stands near the rock going 'heh heh' to himself. I shoot him once and he attacks, I kill him, take his note, done.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I must have that bug then, because I've killed him twice in daylight while he just stands near the rock going 'heh heh' to himself. I shoot him once and he attacks, I kill him, take his note, done.

Having ED-E with you seems to break this quest.

I don't have ED-E with me & quest isn't broken. But I'll keep that in mind in case I ever do pick him up. :D

Edited by LadyCrimson

Opinion time. Laser RCW or Tri-Laser Rifle? I've got the Gauss Rifle for hard targets, but am picking up laser commander next level. Want something for soft targets. The RCW is just cooler, I'll agree.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I've got ED-E with me all the time and the quest worked. You have to make sure to see him in the night going to the brahmins. Then kill him, this should be enough.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

Veronica is the third companion in the main quest's path. She's at 188, which is on the way between Novac and Boulder.

188 isn't part of the main quest's path (At least, I'm to The House Always Wins, II and haven't been ordered there) . I've managed to explore... *loads game* *counts* 103 locations but no location 188.

I don't have ED-E with me & quest isn't broken. But I'll keep that in mind in case I ever do pick him up. :D

ED-E doesn't break any quests.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

188 is "part of the quest path" in that it's very difficult to miss it while on your way to new vegas.

Evidently not impossible though :p

I apparently walked right through it (or close enough to trigger the map update) and somehow managed to miss talking everyone. :thumbsup:

With a sniper kind of character, I just use ED-E and Cass. It makes a good team. EDE-E in detection and Cass in short range with a shotgun.

But Somehow, I can't manage to avoid them chasing targets and be killed if outnumbered (thus, reload).

The "pacific" stance seems a bit too agressive for me.

For soft target, I would get a gatling laser instead of a RCW or tri-beam. That makes a good compliment with gauss rifle since you avoid having the same ammunitions for the different weapons.

Edit : RCW uses ECP, so that would be a valid choice.

Edited by Orchomene

Ahh, there was something very rewarding about raidint the Fort two-man with Boone. He agreed, too. :thumbsup:

Overall found myself using either him or Veronica to the end.

Quite happy with my game, but planning on reverting to a "before the point of no return" save and doing some more stuff when I again have more time off from work - this is obviously not a game you can just play for a couple of hours an evening, at least I can't. (so, Well Done, Obsidian!)

I obsessively reloaded my save game of the battle against the robots trying to see how much it would take to make Boone fail in that one situation. He did fine three times in a row, needed a lot of help the fourth, and then apparently there are a few keys when combined together had him fall down in about one minute: don't approach while initially sneaking, but do approach head-on so he just walks forward instead of tending to strafe from side to side as he closes in, and give him a weapon which (seemingly) unlike his default rifle, can be shot to pieces in his hands, twice. Then he fell down, and I fell down with him. lol

Ok that was hilarious fun, but enough of that...back to the actual game. haha

Tri-Laser isn't a very good rifle. why not Q-35? it's easy to get (relatively)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

Tale's suggestion worked. Thanks

I think the game has some sort of cache I can't delete based on what quests you've done, before I had him stuck in the spot, even if loaded a save where I killed him and loaded back to a previous save(before my character was aware of the quest) he would still be in the same spot. I loaded the same where I killed him did the Helios quest(holy crap, I had to cheat and use pulse grenades, I could not make the turrets kill the robots), reverted and did what Tale suggested.

Um, are stealth boys cannon in Black Isles' Fallout?

It's not Christmas anymore but I've fallen in love with these two songs:

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=HXjk3P5LjxY

http://www.youtube.com/ watch?v=NJJ18aB2Ggk