FO: NV (Spoilers)

you can kinda sorta not really even as much as mrs. bishop, romance the owner of The Thorn.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Yes, I can't imagine why it takes me so much longer than average to get through a game...I can literally spend hours doing stupid things. :p

falloutNV-016b.jpg

falloutNV-017.jpg

.....I really wanted to make a video dropping the entire possible 1280+ off the big dinosaur statue but after dropping 100 in the room I got tired of clicking in the menu to command game to drop one by one (you then exit menu to let them all drop at once). If you choose 'all' it just drops one dino labeled with the number, instead. Bah.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I wasn't able to get to the monorail in time and it pulled away just as I arrived I figured it wasn't possible to actually disarm it.

It's definitely possible as I managed to defuse the bomb on my run. I used SCIENCE!

Basically what I did:

1. Listen to the speech from the spy. 2. Go to the monorail. 3. Disable bomb. 4. Report to Hsu.

If you loot the spy, you get the code to defuse it automatically.

Also, how the heck did I never find this "The Thorn" place before?

Edited by Tale
"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Somehow I got it in my mind that I needed to rescue Benny--the sneak him out option was either bugged or never intended to work, so I decided to do it the hard way. I cleared out the town around the boat to the fort with a silenced sniper rifle without anyone ever seeing me. Then I blasted my way up to the tent with a shotgun. I step inside, immediately headshot caesar from across the tent with one shot, turn and run like hell while 18 guys with gunfists chase me in a circle while I grenade launcher them until they're all dead. I haven't seen Benny since so I assume the developers didn't expect many people to go to all that trouble.

Don't know why I did either. Something about the guy won me over.

I wasn't able to get to the monorail in time and it pulled away just as I arrived I figured it wasn't possible to actually disarm it.

It's definitely possible as I managed to defuse the bomb on my run. I used SCIENCE!

Basically what I did:

1. Listen to the speech from the spy. 2. Go to the monorail. 3. Disable bomb. 4. Report to Hsu.

And you managed to report back a success?

Because as far I could see the

monorail always explodes after leaving

, regardless of whether

the bomb was disarmed

Edited by pmp10

I had two experiences.

1) Got on, disarmed, left, it exploded.

2) Reloaded the save. Got on, disarmed, left, SUCCESS

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I did, i seems only the way of science isn't bugged, hooray for science :p

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I had two experiences.

1) Got on, disarmed, left, it exploded.

2) Reloaded the save. Got on, disarmed, left, SUCCESS

As far as I've read, the only way to really disarm the bomb is using the deactivation code. Everything else will make the tram still explode... stupid bug.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

What exactly is the penalty for using a weapon without meeting the STR requirement? Is it just more difficult to aim?

Sway.

EDIT: By the way, much complaining about the world building on the Bethesda boards. Apparently every location had something interest in Fallout 3 which is something I've never noticed in my playthroughs...

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

Well, FO3 just doesn't tag a name on every random shack and burnt out caravan.

I just wish FO:NV had a better manual. There's no perk list so I had to waste one perk on Intense training already to get my Perception to 6 (started out with 5) to be able to get important perks later on. I should've also dumped CHA completely and started out with 6 STR, but whatever.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I just wish FO:NV had a better manual. There's no perk list

exactly, man. not only that, but SPECIAL doesn't seem to affect combat (except VATS), at all. I have 10 AGI and 5 STR but I don't think there's gonna be a big difference in combat if I go for, say, 6 AGI and 6 STR (6 seems to be the magic number for perks) and have 3 points left over. also, a lot of useless perks, they should've made it every 3/4 levels and left the Gifted trait in the game. I'm lv 29 now and some of the perks I took I did so only because it felt wrong to not take anything. maybe this is the reason there's so many "filler" perks. to satisfy the Beth fan boys.

what I don't like is that this game doesn't encourage "builds", you can play through with almost any setup. this was not the case in F2. makes me a sad panda :shifty:

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

EDIT: By the way, much complaining about the world building on the Bethesda boards. Apparently every location had something interest in Fallout 3 which is something I've never noticed in my playthroughs...

Exactly what I think. I just can't believe what bull**** they write and it drives me crazy. Fallout 3 got a ****load of boring and repitative dungeons with *nothing* valuable inside. Stimpaks, ammo, same guns all over and over again. There was no need to ever enter one of those damn dungeons.

While I agree that many caves in the New Vegas gameworld seem to look pretty empty, it's still not as bad as in Fallout 3. Man, I was exploring the new vegas sewers few hours ago and it was so much more fun than any dungeon in Fallout 3. Especially because I got kind of a reward item for it as well, which is not that common in the gameworld.

New Vegas' gameworld > Fallout 3's gameworld. It makes more sense in any way, looks better and is more logical. Plus the game doesn't throw lulzy **** at you every 10 meter. But maybe that's the point... the people at the Bethsoft forum want to have lulzy **** all around.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I just wish FO:NV had a better manual. There's no perk list

exactly, man. not only that, but SPECIAL doesn't seem to affect combat (except VATS), at all. I have 10 AGI and 5 STR but I don't think there's gonna be a big difference in combat if I go for, say, 6 AGI and 6 STR (6 seems to be the magic number for perks) and have 3 points left over. also, a lot of useless perks, they should've made it every 3/4 levels and left the Gifted trait in the game. I'm lv 29 now and some of the perks I took I did so only because it felt wrong to not take anything. maybe this is the reason there's so many "filler" perks. to satisfy the Beth fan boys.

what I don't like is that this game doesn't encourage "builds", you can play through with almost any setup. this was not the case in F2. makes me a sad panda :shifty:

I don't think I could play any other build than a long-range sniper. The gunplay is just not fun for me. Worse twitching than in Counterstrike when human enemies are involved, who basically charge to the player character, then dance around like morons. But at least the healing over time makes it a bit more exciting, especially when being swarmed by packs of nightstalkers or radscorpions.

A melee/unarmed build could be fun, though.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Finished NV today. Sided with the Yes Man.

That Legion dude at the dam was one tough mother.

I convinced him to go back East just with words. He almost seemed to admire my Courier. Fun dialogue. :lol:

As for what Lexx said, I mean, I understand part of what the guys there said, but those 'stories' that Bethesda told through the enviroment weren't as prevalent as they make it sound, and so wasn't the handplaced loot (most of it was really generic). Plus, there's plenty of little locations like that in New Vegas too, like the Crashed Highwayman, though fortunately, the bulk of the map is made by locations tied to quests. I'm somewhat puzzled by Obsidian including a large section at west that basically is fenced by invisible walls and contains no locations though.

I somehow doubt this. I'll guess it was just a good place to cut off rest of the map. It also is a lot better than straight invisible walls like in Fallout 3, imo. Feels more natural that way.

But I wouldn't have anything against it, if DLCs would add / fix / change stuff in the game world, without adding some new places where you have to travel to. There are still enough places in New Vegas, where locations could be more flashed out. As example, all these locations where few npcs are running around and only one has a limited dialogue. Locations like west side militia or aerotech office park, etc.

Edited by Lexx