What are you playing now

Pidesco

Finished Dragon Age Origins... got through in roughly 20 hours, maybe less. It's incredibly overrated.

i think it took me between 60-80 hours to finish the game my first playthrough.... i thought it was a tad better than the witcher, how overrated are we talking here?

We're talking your average Bioware-overrated where their numerous fanboys are in love with the game and one (or several) ingame characters.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Finished Dragon Age Origins... got through in roughly 20 hours, maybe less. It's incredibly overrated.

i think it took me between 60-80 hours to finish the game my first playthrough.... i thought it was a tad better than the witcher, how overrated are we talking here?

We're talking your average Bioware-overrated where their numerous fanboys are in love with the game and one (or several) ingame characters.

Us well adjusted guys like to stalk the VAs.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

No, Tale, Jennifer Hale is MINE. :lol:

*clutches portrait of FemShep*

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Nevermind, everything works now, as long as I launch from inside the game dir instead of the shortcut.

I meant the short cut under the "game library" tap (where all your games are) in steam, it's called "Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms". I just didn't want to write the whole thing down... but yeah, just using the batch file also works. Is it good?

Fortune favors the bald.

Started playing WoW. Cataclysm hasn't arrived in the mail, yet, so I checked out the new Argent Tournament stuff and started trading Jewelcrafting for Engineering.

Nevermind, everything works now, as long as I launch from inside the game dir instead of the shortcut.

I meant the short cut under the "game library" tap (where all your games are) in steam, it's called "Medieval II: Total War Kingdoms". I just didn't want to write the whole thing down... but yeah, just using the batch file also works. Is it good?

Yeah, I'm having fun. trying to figure out how to extract the music now

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

My Cataclysm copy arrived a day early (and my copy of Dark City a day late). I spent a good hour just revisiting places to see what changed.

*sniffle* I'll miss the old world.

Got Riddick installed, I'll likely give that a go later this weekend. Other then that I've just been playing poker at the armory inventory.

Edited by Deadly_Nightshade

"Geez. It's like we lost some sort of bet and ended up saddled with a bunch of terrible new posters on this forum."

-Hurlshot

My Cataclysm copy arrived a day early (and my copy of Dark City a day late). I spent a good hour just revisiting places to see what changed.

My friend is OBSESSED with cata (haven't seen him like this about WoW since vanilla). I'm gonna resubscribe for a short time after finals to see all the changes.

After much delaying - having had access to the final quest for about a week - finished New Vegas. Was playing slowly as to try make my second playthrough coincide with the 'big' patch, but it's too close to holiday season now to start a new game now. Steam says 74 hours logged though there'd be pretty significant idle time in that.

Undecided about WoW Cataclysm - I had quit halfway through a 6-month billing cycle so my account is still active (and I logged in to check out some new stuff) but not sure about actually buying the expansion proper.

I've got about a week before leaving on vacation so anything I pick up now would need to be fairly low-commitment, not sure what to play now really. Might play the Broken Sword remake now that it's on GoG.

Edited by Humanoid

L I E S T R O N G
L I V E W R O N G

My friend is OBSESSED with cata (haven't seen him like this about WoW since vanilla). I'm gonna resubscribe for a short time after finals to see all the changes.

The changes are pretty impressive, and can make the end game experiance quite painful (with random groups not being able to figure out the meaning of "don't hit the crowd control").

Questing is FANTASTIC, and they made it more solo friendly with elite quests basically being completely removed, and adding in several cinematics for particular events. There is also a zone dedicated to (basically anyway) Indiana Jones.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Goblin starting area is best quests I've ever seen. You get a possie, a floosie, a bitchin ride, and a personal assistant.

Goblin starting area is best quests I've ever seen. You get a possie, a floosie, a bitchin ride, and a personal assistant.

So it's like a good RPG for once? GASP.

I kid, Blizzard's been getting much better with their quests recently.

Fallout New Vegas for the 5th time. Probably have to restart a sixth time depending if the current patch doesn't play nice with an older saved game.

BG2 for mod testing.

War is Peace, Freedom is Slavery, Ignorance is Strength

Baldur's Gate modding
TeamBG
Baldur's Gate modder/community leader
Baldur's Gate - Enhanced Edition beta tester
Baldur's Gate 2 - Enhanced Edition beta tester

Icewind Dale - Enhanced Edition beta tester

After Drakenfand RoT, I'm replaying the first Drakenfang. A third one is also expected but sadly after Radon Labs almost banquerouted and been saved by Bigpoint. So, I'm not sure the franchise will keep being so close to the PnP game.

Drakensang from Bigpoint will be a hack 'n slash browser game. It shares nothing anymore with the previous Drakensangs save the name; they don't even have a TDE license.

It's a pity since I was looking forward to how Radon Labs would continue the series.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

my current to play list (all bought within the last 2 months):

alan wake

alpha protocol

just cause 2 (on sale now on steam for $7.50)

amnesia

darksiders

gears of war 2

sanitarium

septerra core

professor layton & the curious village

the world ends with you

pokemon heartgold

dragon quest 9

bayonetta

does anyone have any suggestions for what order I should tackle these in?? I tend to get overwhelmed this time of year...

also: i dont like god of war or devil may cry, but i do like prince of persia and uncharted, so should I buy Castlevania Lords of Shadow?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Europa Universalis III Divine Wind.. I never could muster the will to play EU III because the graphics really insulted my aesthetic sense - but the visual upgrades are great and I absolutely adore the game.

Fortune favors the bald.

why do i always forget about demo's.... thanks for the advice!

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Finished Call of Duty, Call of Duty United Offensive, Call of Duty 2, Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare. Interestingly steam report played time for each 7 hours, except for CoD2, that took longest...9 hours. Probably because I wasted a lot of time for one stupid encounter (vehicle, plenty of smoke, terribly unaccurate weapon and missile insta kill). Now moving to Call of Duty World at War. Because Modern Warfare 2 and Black Ops are so popular, it'll probably be last CoD game for while... maybe in 2 years those games be in steam holiday sales, under 15

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

The first CoD in particular made me not care so much about length of games, because I enjoyed it soooo much (I probably took more than 7 hours though).

Pavlov's house was just such an entertaining level that if the game just contained missions like that all day I'd be okay with that (I actually liked a lot of the Soviet missions). I actually didn't care much for the British missions (excepting Pegasus bridge which was fantastic) because they tended to be solo missions akin to Medal of Honor which I didn't care for so much.