Fallout: New Vegas

Pidesco

Continue discussion in this here thread.

The previous thread, can be found here.

Some important info, courtesy of funcroc:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p...;postcount=3480
Another huge fix:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1091897/d3d9.dll

Place this in Steam\steamapps\common\fallout new vegas\

Significant increase in performance on a few machines, including my own!

This file is also located in your Windows folder. Just search in there and when you find it, copy it into said directory.

EDIT: Guys, after applying all these previous tweaks in the .ini's and then replacing this file, I have zero problems. I just replayed the big fight at the end of the first town and played through the whole thing, 60+FPS.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I'm neutral with the Powder Gang and in the middle of doing one of their quests. One of their members attack me so I kill him. I'm still neutral, so I finish the quest, return to the Correctional Facility, turn it it, become *famous* with the Powder Gang, get a new quest.... and the quest giver suddenly turns hostile and all the gang members attack me.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

So... you got ambushed :p

Very sneaky powder gangers.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

It is quite nice how, on Hardcore mode anyway, VATS is a liability if you're not in single combat. I really thought VATS was a fundamentally lopsided game mechanic, but I guess I was wrong. Backtracking while frantically blind-firing seems to be a much better tactic against large groups.

What clothers were you wearing Maria?

Also, Bethesda is allegedly pulling negative reviews.

It's Dan Hsu, so it's not like it's super reliable and quite honestly, if it's true, the way he's tackling the subject is pretty bad, but that doesn't really change the fact that it's a horrible and underhanded tactic that just shows more and more how the publisher-gaming journalism relationship just isn't healthy at all.

Backtracking while frantically blind-firing seems to be a much better tactic against large groups.

yes :p I don't see why would people use VATS since sneak attacking from great distances one-shotting everybody and everything is so much more fun. especially with Boon's perk.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

I'd be surprised if New Vegas didn't become Obsidian's best selling game so far.

It must be over 1 million in pre-orders alone.

Heja Sverige!!

So, have I ruined anything for myself by translating

the morse code on the faux-platinum chip that came in the Collectors' Edition

?

Bonus spoiler: It's

112281 on the "200 On the House" side, and 232077 on the "Lucky 38" side. Both of those are starting at the point where the ball is on the roulette wheel.

Is this game really a buggy mess like people are whining about ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

By the bugs being described, it seems to be as buggy as Fallout 3 and Oblivion. So pretty buggy.

Edit: Actually there are two extra bugs that weren't in the previous Gamebryo Bethesda games. One is the NPC slowdown bug which was introduced recently by a NVIDIA driver release, The other one is the save game bug which was caused by a problem with Steam cloud.

Heja Sverige!!

I don't mind ordinary bugs much, but if that crash that required me to restart the entire computer is still there, I'm going to have to come and pour sugar in the gas tank of Sawyer's new Fallout-themed motorcycle.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Did FO3 & Oblivion have freezing issues on the X360?

Yup, but according to some it's worse in NV.

Well, Gamebryo games are always weird. Some went through both with minimal problems/here. Others it crashed every 2 hours.

There seem to be more reports for New Vegas though.

I only had freezing issues with FO3 in the beginning because of some issue with a sound codec. It almost never CTDed. The frameskipping is the major annoyance for me since it is very noticable on my computer and gives me a headache after fifteen minutes of play.

I don't think Oblivion ever crashed on me. Morrowind, on the other hand... crashed every half hour due to a subpar rig at the time.

It is kinda amusing how Bethesda is allegedly working with an updated version of Gamebryo while Obsidian conveniently received the scrap version.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

well, I had to do hard reset once, but it's nothing serious. what I don't want to see is quest-breaking bugs like key NPCs dropping through textures into the abyss (happened once already but a reload fixed it)

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.