Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

Start of old thread

End of old thread

Breaking news! JE Sawyer almost dies on while out hiking. ;(http://baby-goat.livejournal.com/314370.html

Good to see you made it out OK Josh. Some magnificent pictures there!

Somebody needs to put more skill points in Outdoorsman :p

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

I pre-ordered mine yesterday. There is a midnight sale for it, but I'm probably not going to make it. I'd have to take a day off work to really handle that.

There were unable to order the Collector's Edition, which was a bummer.

Woohoo, that's what I wanted to see!

Dear Customer,

Thank you for preordering Fallout New Vegas Collectors Edition on www.GAME.co.uk

Due to the epic size of the Fallout New Vegas Collectors Edition we have a lot to do to make sure it gets to you in time for the launch day of Friday 22nd October. As a result, we will be processing your order and charging your payment card a little earlier than usual.

You may receive an email letting your know that your order is on its way but this just means its being held by the courier ready for delivery on launch day.

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

I was amazon.ca was like that. All my pre-order confirmation email says is the estimated shipping date is Oct 22nd. Ah well, gives me some extra time to finish up the Borderlands DLCs.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Yeah, got the same e-mail. Funnily enough I cancelled my order about an hour before that mail arrived ;)

Ordered the normal version from amazon for half the prize, the collectors edition would be cool but it would just gather dust somewhere in the end.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for preordering Fallout New Vegas Collectors Edition on www.GAME.co.uk

Due to the epic size of the Fallout New Vegas Collectors Edition we have a lot to do to make sure it gets to you in time for the launch day of Friday 22nd October. As a result, we will be processing your order and charging your payment card a little earlier than usual.

It'z coming... ;)

Dear Customer,

You may receive an email letting your know that your order is on its way but this just means its being held by the courier ready for delivery on launch day.

Received it myself just now. *high five*

Watched the bet buy presentation. Aside from this technical issues, I rather liked this. Josh was good about talking about the game and Tess was good at not rushing around like a maniac, and actually showing things off instead.

Was very impressed with the Vault interior. It looks *really* good, has some nice gameplay hooks and the whole "take an elevator to different levels" always reminds me of the older games. And yay, you can repair the elevator!

Pretty impressed overall. Also, anyone else wanna bet that Gomorrah will be the target of a certain group of modders? ;)

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Pretty impressed overall. Also, anyone else wanna bet that Gomorrah will be the target of a certain group of modders? :p

Doubt it. They're already aiming higher. ALL THE GAME WILL BE THEIR TARGET! ;)

Prepare to see Sunny Smiles give you a tutorial section called 'sex education' in the PC version after a couple of days.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

I've preordered the Collector's Edition from a local store.. It'll cost me $115, but I'll get a plastic platinum chip!!1! so it's worth it.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

"The survivors would envy the dead" All I had to do was read that line and now I cant get "The Spirit of man" from Jess Wayne's war of the worlds out of my head. Its a kickass song

DISCLAIMER: Do not take what I write seriously unless it is clearly and in no uncertain terms, declared by me to be meant in a serious and non-humoristic manner. If there is no clear indication, asume the post is written in jest. This notification is meant very seriously and its purpouse is to avoid misunderstandings and the consequences thereof. Furthermore; I can not be held accountable for anything I write on these forums since the idea of taking serious responsability for my unserious actions, is an oxymoron in itself.

Important: as the following sentence contains many naughty words I warn you not to read it under any circumstances; botty, knickers, wee, erogenous zone, psychiatrist, clitoris, stockings, bosom, poetry reading, dentist, fellatio and the department of agriculture.

"I suppose outright stupidity and complete lack of taste could also be considered points of view. "

I just saw that game.co.uk and gamestation.co.uk are the same firm, with the same adress, the same e-mail text and most likely nearly the same prices. Heh. Anyway... they have reduced the price of New Vegas a lot. The CE has still the same price.

Edited by Lexx

"only when you no-life you can exist forever, because what does not live cannot die."

So, is Lily confirmed as a romance option?

Maybe ED-E for girls.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I can't order the CE at game.co.uk because "Please note that we do not currently ship consoles or heavy items (over 1000g) outside the UK."

Did they actually stop you from preordering or you just assumed that the CE will be above those limits? Because AFAIK the CE is just a tad under 1 kg, or at least, so I remember the community manager guy at the Bethsoft forum saying.

Still on the fence.

Be careful of the spokes.

Anything in particular you're on the fence about?

Edited by Tale

I can't order the CE at game.co.uk because "Please note that we do not currently ship consoles or heavy items (over 1000g) outside the UK."

Did they actually stop you from preordering or you just assumed that the CE will be above those limits? Because AFAIK the CE is just a tad under 1 kg, or at least, so I remember the community manager guy at the Bethsoft forum saying.

customer service e-mail answer was that the package is over 1kg, so they said they won't be sending it outside of UK. And no i didn't pre-order it anyway to try it out. I'd got with Amazon.co.uk but their postage and packing price is enormous :/ If it was half of that i might've considered it.

Edited by Majek

1.13 killed off Ja2.

So does anyone know if the game includes a blind old woman? How is the eyesight of Nightkins?

customer service e-mail answer was that the package is over 1kg, so they said they won't be sending it outside of UK. And no i didn't pre-order it anyway to try it out. I'd got with Amazon.co.uk but their postage and packing price is enormous :/ If it was half of that i might've considered it.

The CE isn't on Amazon.co.uk... :ermm: