Fallout: New Vegas

Gorth

I don't know why people are even bothering with the reviews. It's obviously going to be a worthwhile game if you enjoy the core FO3 gameplay mechanics.

If you don't, then probably don't bother.

This is not an original IP or even a new iteration of an existing IP where we don't know what to expect.

On the contrary we know exactly what to expect. For good and for bad.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

I'm simply interested in how the mainstream perceives it since it'll likely have an impact on Obsidian in the future.

This.

The better the scores, the better the sales, the higher the chances for another collaboration between Bethesda and Obsidion over a Fallout game. At least I hope.

That invisible typewriter shown in the RPS article is deliciously funny. I hope that's not really a bug but insted a case of a smartass NPC.

The bethssoft version of this engine has flaws and problems that have been around now for a long long time. Obiously they are either not-fixable or too difficult to bother fixing.

Don't review the engine. It sucks. We know. Review the game.

enviromentalheadinthesa.jpg

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

I imagine it's a case of the typewriter falling through the desk.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

O. Boulon from Canard PC is chatting with the people on the 'his' forum about the game, answering numerous questions about graphics, gameplay, hardcore mode, strategy, etc. There is too much thing to sum up here, but he just said that what some reviews present as bugged quests (no reward of any sort) are not bugged at all, but simply ways for a player to assert his 'roleplay'. And apparently they have visible repercussions later on.

Also, he said that Boone is not really the talkative type, so if you like them chatty, don't take him as your companion. He still said that he is really well written, everything from his past and previous experiences, to how the world responds to him (beggars in some areas insult him because he is part of the NCR, NCR civilians are impressed, NCR soldiers are envious that you got to be his partner).

Hardcore is enabled as a popup option after a certain point.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

I'm simply interested in how the mainstream perceives it since it'll likely have an impact on Obsidian in the future.

k. Fair enough. I can see that.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

That invisible typewriter shown in the RPS article is deliciously funny. I hope that's not really a bug but insted a case of a smartass NPC.

The bethssoft version of this engine has flaws and problems that have been around now for a long long time. Obiously they are either not-fixable or too difficult to bother fixing.

Don't review the engine. It sucks. We know. Review the game.

enviromentalheadinthesa.jpg

*Shugs*

hardly. but whatever.

My point is that it means nothing. The vast majority of players found Mass Effect 2 to be a fairly polished experience, especially on the lead platform (which is the Xbox360) while a common complaint of reviewers is that the lead platform version of New Vegas is buggy. Predictable? Surely. But it doesn't make me happy in the slightest and I'm sure it doesn't make Josh and the crew happy either. Except that they are the one that worked on the game so they should know more than me about why the game has these issues.

So... you base your point that games aren't buggy these days on REVIEWS? The same who found none of said pesky things in Oblivion, or Fallout? Not to mention loads of other titles.

Consider me unimpressed by your proof.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Heya Calax,

The following was sent to me by Chris and with his permision, here is his reply!

Hey, Fionavar, Bethesda gave permission, please tell him "he" is outside a town called Nipton in the SW region of the map, and he's going to be difficult to miss along the critical path of the game. :ermm:

Please ask him to keep it hush-hush until the day of release, however.

Chris

with respect,

F

Just thought I'd toss that out there.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.