RANDOM VIDEO GAME NEWS THREAD!

Gorth

Good news, honestly. Visceral Games is a pretty good studio, although they're far from original.

Anyone remember that canceled C&C shooter called Tiberium? It actually looked pretty good and I'm wondering if they might be finishing that instead of starting over.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I was looking forward to hearing more about Tiberium.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Calax is right, PC gaming is dead or 5 feet inside the grave. We do get console ports (meaning no advanced graphical features of the modern PCs, game features or game mechanics are not designed from ground up for mouse + keyboard, UIs are mess, no or very little multicore support, limtations of the consoles 512mb memery ect ect) but very few exclusive PC titles like Starcraft 2. Indy scene is booming (profitable, but only tiny fraction of the all console game sales), but AAA quality games are dead. It's great if you can enjoy games like Minecraft that look like it's from 1995 but personally I've noticed that graphical features are important for me.

Not that every console game (or port for the PC) is bad or something, it's just not PC game. Xbox spend 6 billion dollars trying to destroy PC gaming and they were rather successful. I would have rather like to see 'em spend that kind of money to support PC gaming but I guess it's up for Valve to collect the profit (of the few PC exclusives, Ports and indies) while MS Xbox division continue to lose truck loads of money. Just now they are spending 500 million dollars to promote Kinetic

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

definition of "dead" seems to be a big issue here. for 1 person, the release of (only) starcraft 2 and civ 5 in one year = pc is dead, for another person, the release of those two games in one year is proof that pc gaming is thriving.

i'm in the middle, i think pc gaming is alive, but approaching 60 and has a lot of back pain and some mild arthritis. A far cry from the spry 25 year old who saw 4-5 big titles a year.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Two guys decided Sega wasn't doing Sonic justice so they decided to take matters into their own hands. Then the Sonic Fan Remix was born.

Heh, is that a Sonic 2 remake? If so, I might even get it if the prize is right! Sonic 2 is one of the very few platform games I have liked, still have it for my megadrive somewhere.

You and I most definitely have different definitions of the word weird.

I guess we do. And your definition is the incorrect one.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

How long have you been waiting for a chance to say that?