What you did today

Gorth

It's a monday... and it feels like a monday.

Attempting to find some enthusiasm for the day...

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

It's a monday... and it feels like a monday.

Attempting to find some enthusiasm for the day...

Yep! I'm broke, my cell phone is acting up, the broken tooth is aching and my advisor just dropped by to remind me that I'd promised to give a talk at a seminar today. Which I'd completely forgotten about. Oops.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I just caught a big Devil's Coach Horse rove beetle in the garage. They're weird creatures, the way they rise their hind end in threatening gesture, but useful in the garden. I see the smaller rove beetles a lot, but the Devil's one, full grown, not too often. I guess I shall be polite & release it back outside where it can kill worms and snails and such.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Just catching a Mythbusters.. and they're doing Sleep Deprivation...

They're going fairly nuts from a simple 24 hours without sleep. Maybe I've done that too many times.. and I know they're the mythbusters team..but still.. I've never gotten quite that crazy from a simple 24 hours sleeplessness. :lol:

Oh yes, and Happy Birthday Kor. Enjoy before they start adding up... ;)

Edited by Raithe

Yeah, I saw a similar show on Swedish television once. They were out to prove how deadly alcohol is when you drive. They basically drank one beer and drove the car into a ditch. People out to prove a point do the dumbest things.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Well tis fairly grey, wet and miserable outside...but I've had a deep cup of tea and getting the day started. Clearing some assorted tasks around the house.. and need to make time to shave off four days of facial hair and make myself somewhat presentable...

Depending how I organise things..I might even get some FONV in here and there during the day..

Hm, on a random sidenote.. Indian Takeout..there's a very nice place near me, but I'm just pondering on the trading standards style of the procedure of "Free Delivery .. but 10% off if you come and pick it up yourself.." am I looking at that wrong or is it just a .."we'll deliver it for 10% charge up" worded in a different manner... :)

Sigh. My mother bought an apartment and moved to it last week. She offered to give the apartment back to the landlord a week before the due date (next monday), if she'd have the week cut of from her rent. They refused, saying that they don't need access to the apartment. Now they're renovating it, electric wires ripped out of the walls etc.

Now I'm mostly wondering if they are stupid and actually believe that they have the right to do it, or if they are stupid and have forgotten than I'm a lawyer. :p

Probably just overwhelmingly arrogant, though.

Also, I've apparently misplaced my wallet. Probably somewhere in here, but I know have roughly 50 % more stuff than normal, due to some things that are going to my mother's place. And this place wasn't exactly orderly and tidy to begin with. So time to skip work for the day, roll up the sleeves and start cleaning.

Also have a splitting headache from RAGE and lack of caffeine, I suppose. :p

Well, last night I learned that for the most part, people won't have a friggin clue who I am if they google me for two reasons

1) I go by my middle name

2) You google my name and get 40 walk throughs and 4 wikipedia entries as well as my facebook page and about a skillion websites that contain my family name and personal name in the same mass of data.

Today I woke up early to have my blood drawn and get a few things for this nutrition study I'm in and had to walk through some heavy rain, and seriously strong winds. I'm proooobably not going to be leaving my room today except to run to the bus.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Watched the heat game. WHAT THE ****?

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Well tis fairly grey, wet and miserable outside...but I've had a deep cup of tea and getting the day started. Clearing some assorted tasks around the house.. and need to make time to shave off four days of facial hair and make myself somewhat presentable...

Depending how I organise things..I might even get some FONV in here and there during the day..

Hm, on a random sidenote.. Indian Takeout..there's a very nice place near me, but I'm just pondering on the trading standards style of the procedure of "Free Delivery .. but 10% off if you come and pick it up yourself.." am I looking at that wrong or is it just a .."we'll deliver it for 10% charge up" worded in a different manner... :shifty:

That way clinical depression lies. Just enjoy the free curry and the free exercise.

Still not signed and sealed, but like the 7th cavalry arriving at the last minute two contracts have been tabled out of nowehere that may more than save my bacon. Immensely relieved. Did dancing. Hurt back. Still relieved.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

That way clinical depression lies. Just enjoy the free curry and the free exercise.

Still not signed and sealed, but like the 7th cavalry arriving at the last minute two contracts have been tabled out of nowehere that may more than save my bacon. Immensely relieved. Did dancing. Hurt back. Still relieved.

Dabbled in that route once already, so I know the danger signs.. I rely on stiff upper lip to keep me going..that and an unending curiousity.... but if I was in Nashville..I'd be writing many bad bluesy country n western music.. :shifty:

Well I made it through the day getting assorted odds and ends done.. some basic labors, some actually mentally challenging..

Got poked at by the cat and leapt at by the dog..

Then the evening rolled in and I had to make the choice.. a quick shower and some time to sit down and play FONV...or take the time to soak in a hot bath with a good book for an hour or two.. I decided on the latter... So that's an entire day without any FONV playtime managed.. I know technically I've got about another 30+ minutes before the days out..but that seems to be pushing it for just a "quick dabble".... :)

So I shall leave it till manana to see if I get a chance to continue those wasteland wanderings at any point...

FO:NV progress will be slowed down this week, because of the World Series. Yeah baby, go Giants. If I could afford/justify scalped ticket prices, I'd hop a train & go to one of the games.

I threw on more blankets to the bed, because my wimpy Californian internal heat gauge hasn't been fond of the chilly house. In another month or so I'll be used to it & be running around in shorts again but the initial sudden change bothers me a lot more than it did when I was younger. hehe

Edit: (later...) *shuffles furniture a bit* ... I've changed my mind. I can watch the WS game on the little TV in here while still playing FO:NV to a degree and occasionally Twittering @ the game on 2nd PC. Haha, I love being alive in this tech age.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Waking up from vivid dreaming..to find yourself wrapped up in sheets, really warm..comfortable..(apart from a slow-grinding headache in the background) and the realisation that its cold, grey, and fairly miserable outside.... really makes it an effort to push yourself out of bed and get the day started..... :(

Waking up from vivid dreaming..to find yourself wrapped up in sheets, really warm..comfortable..(apart from a slow-grinding headache in the background) and the realisation that its cold, grey, and fairly miserable outside.... really makes it an effort to push yourself out of bed and get the day started..... :(

I had this too. Then I turned Discovery HD on and watched Treasure Quest and some doc on Highland Games. I got to work at noon, but hey, had a good morning.

I was in a pissy mood this morning when I was on my way to the commute. It was cold and wet. Then I walked past a lit apartment and a gorgeous, topless girl ran past the window..

I've been smiling since.

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I was in a pissy mood this morning when I was on my way to the commute. It was cold and wet. Then I walked past a lit apartment and a gorgeous, topless girl ran past the window..

I've been smiling since.

I demand a picture of the scene or it didn't happen.

In folded cardboard.

EDIT:

Despite drinking only lemonade last night I have a hangover today. I can only assume some sort of Pavlovian response to being in a pub.

Edited by Walsingham

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I've been smiling since.

I demand a picture of the scene or it didn't happen.

In folded cardboard.

EDIT:

Despite drinking only lemonade last night I have a hangover today. I can only assume some sort of Pavlovian response to being in a pub.

Looks like the Connection works both ways. Tee hee.

Damn it.

-Elwood Blues

The only view I've seen through home windows or on porches are shirtless, potbellied guys holding a beer...husband included. :wacko:

I'm in a good mood today. The Giants are up 2-0 in the WS, it's the weekend & it looks like I have nothing pressing that needs doing for it, and FO:NV hasn't crashed on me yet today.

only thing like that i've seen was last new years eve

during our hazy wander i happened to look up as we crossed a street. there was an upstairs apartment with a young lad and lady clearly *ahem* enjoying their new years immensely. curtains were wide open and they were up against the glass sliding door oblivious to the world around them :lol:

today i'm at work. don't really think i can be bothered with Halloween parties tonight

people had lots of ideas as to what they wanted me to dress as - Frankenfurter, Robin Hood, V (from V for Vendetta), a gay pirate, a pimp, etc etc

i'm being bribed with Rock Band and free booze too

decisions decisions...

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!