What you did today

Gorth

Yes, iron man is iron....

I suppose superman is the man of steel... and this would be a former man of steel:

204807-62315-cyborg-superman_super.jpg

:lol:

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Hubby went to bed for the night and as he did so we had the following conversation:

Hubs:I might have a week off around Xmas again.

Me:Did you want to do anything?

Hubs:Maybe I'll play a video game like last year. (Borderlands)

Me:Then you'll have to decide which one you might like/will play.

Hubs:No, I'll play yours.

Me:What if you don't like the game I'm playing at that time?

Hubs:No, I mean *your game.*

Me:Are you saying I'll still be playing FO:NV?

Hubs:Yes.

Me: ....

Hubs:And you can tell me what to do/where to go again, since I'm lazy.

Me: ....

:lol:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Also, fell behind on C++ learning so wasting my lunch break on that. =)

It amazes me how the difficulty of learning a programming language can vary depending on how well written a book one has.

Well using C++ Primer by Prata. Useful, if I weren't so freaking lazy.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Went out expecting to have one meeting. Had something like nine. A bit tired, but I feel like the king of some slightly rubbish but proud country. Like Britain.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Went out expecting to have one meeting. Had something like nine. A bit tired, but I feel like the king of some slightly rubbish but proud country. Like Britain.

Now you just need the physio to respond in a positive manner to make your week? :lol:

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Cold, tired, mayhaps a touch depressed... but with the absence of rain today, that should allow some furniture shifting and get the old bed out through the french windows and the craftmatic bed moved into its place....

After yesterdays rather torrential downpours, it's being one of those really bright, crisp and downright windchilly days... I really would have preferred to linger in bed today, but that wasn't really possible.. dang it.

Heh, after my first knee surgery, which I was gassed for, I was a vomit machine. I threw up in the recovery room, I threw up out the car window on the way home and I threw up in my front lawn while entering my house. For my second knee surgery I opted for a "spinal" (the same shot they give to a woman delivering a baby) and I was fine.

After my mom's first knee surgery.. the joint goes clickety-click with a faint, almost sucking noise which surprised the head resident with the sound,and apparently made him want to vomit. The doctors had decided to let that heal up and mom go through the physio before doing the surgery on her other knee.. but then it was discovered she'd picked up the MRSE bug...

So for a few years after that, every 6 months or so we'd get a call saying "you're on the top of the list for the surgery.. but if you keep refusing to do it we'll take you off the list" and we'd have to explain "hang on, no surgeon is willing to do the surgery because of the mrse.. it's the doctors who keep postponing it".

Ah well. That's one of the minor issues of the inches thick medical file there... The day's progressed, the craftomatic bed is finally in place..other furniture has been shifted, oaken doors have been taken from hinges and then put back, cupboards were moved out of the way..then back but now it seems to be over for the moment.

... and my sister is trying to sneakily persuade everyone to accept her first getting an alsatian puppy..and then a main coone kitten to add to the ****er spaniel and persian cat already stalking around the house... Other family politics as well.. yeesh.

No cooking at least, sending out for an indian just to avoid all that bother... Going to be ultra-lazy and have it delivered.

I'm at the doctors for a pre-op, I have surgery on my leg tomorrow. I broke it last year, and now they need to take out the titanium rod. I hope I get to keep it.

Hurlshot, man of steel

colossus-grab.jpg

... dude, collossus isn't the man of steel!

250px-Superman_Man_of_Steel_1.jpg

SUPAMAN MUTHA FU*KA!

Superman stole the Man of Steel moniker from Steel Sterling:

zip1.jpg

(Superman's original moniker was "The Man of Tomorrow" until they appropriated "The Man of Steel" after MLJ switched their line to chronicling the adventures of Archie and his pals)

hurlshot, this is the most accurate metal depiction of you.

The%20Tin%20Man%201.jpg

That'd be the Man of Tin (Tin Woodsman, to be exact).

I'm surprised -considering it was a titanium rod - that no-one went for the accurate Titanium Man:

titanium-man2.jpg

Glad to hear the surgery was a success Hurl!

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Anesthesia (appendectomy) didn't make me feel nauseous...but it did make me appreciate being out cold for serious pain. Next time I need any major surgery I want to be put into a coma for three weeks.

Glad it went well, Hurl.

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

The surgery was successful, so I'm just lounging on the couch. I can actually walk a bit already, which is encouraging. I'm still pretty nauseous from the anesthesia though.

you just had a titanium rod removed from your leg and you're already walking?! :o

+500 man points!

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

I never felt nauseous under anesthesia either - but IIRC they also told me not to eat for like 12 hours before the surgery.

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

The surgery was successful, so I'm just lounging on the couch. I can actually walk a bit already, which is encouraging. I'm still pretty nauseous from the anesthesia though.

you just had a titanium rod removed from your leg and you're already walking?! :o

+500 man points!

Those will come in handy while I knit this scarf on my couch.

Kidding, I'm playing the guitar. I've got 5 chords down and have moved from being totally ignorant to moderately ignorant. Progress!

Thanks for all the well wishing :o

Edited by Hurlshot

I'm surprised -considering it was a titanium rod - that no-one went for the accurate Titanium Man:

titanium-man2.jpg

Glad to hear the surgery was a success Hurl!

Maybe he's one of the metal men?

Metal_Men_01.jpg

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm apparently not a comic person because titanium+knee+surgery only made me think of the 70's TV bionic man. :)

I never felt nauseous under anesthesia either - but IIRC they also told me not to eat for like 12 hours before the surgery.

I felt ravenous when I came out of surgery. Had this insane and overpowerin desire to eat chinese takeaway.

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I get that desire too but usually on Tuesdays when they serve the special Duck Chow Mein.

You get my desires?

You poor, poor, sick man.

-Elwood Blues

Working on a headache re-reading through some chapters of my copy Pro C# 2010 and the .Net 4 Platform...

Sometimes it would be really nice if examples were given that were more then a dozen lines of code and one or two functions.. Just to give you a feel for how something more extensive is set up.

Its barely gone 3.30pm and it's already dim enough to need the lights switched on..

I felt ravenous when I came out of surgery. Had this insane and overpowerin desire to eat chinese takeaway.

I was too sleepy to think of eating food, personally.

I bought FO:NV today. I'd say my weekend is booked solid now.

"While it is true you learn with age, the down side is what you often learn is what a damn fool you were before"

Thomas Sowell