What are you playing now

Gorth

Ironically, when I was running my blog project, everyone thought it was Alley of Infinite Angels. Clearly nobody had played Torment.

(Also, what is that? An easter egg where devas keep spawning and get chunked?)

Rouge

This one has always bugged me so much. :o

Angles of Death sounds like it could be made into a neat Paranoia supplement. And by neat I mean totally nuts and it will infuriate your players. Angles between 80 and 100 degrees are above your security clearance. All players must spend the entire session leaning at least 10 degrees off center.

Meh, a universe full of make-up peddlers and fatal corners.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

And for some reason, I want to play that one game. The one where you're a mercenary in Africa and run around finding diamonds everywhere, which you use to buy your malaria pills. I remember it has nice guns and horrible respawning roadblocks.

?

That was an oddly convoluted way of saying, "I want to play Far Cry 2.".

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

Did some l4d2 with Rosj and some of his friends. Overall they're good players but we had some trouble because they hadn't played the map before (The Passing) and in the finale they were unsure what to do so would freeze up and hold up to kill hordes rather than keep moving (no offense Ros). I admit to being part of the problem because I tended to move WAYYYY to fast because I'm so used to playing vs with a crew of guys for whom Expert is "normal" anymore.

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I finished Mass Effect 2 a couple of days ago, and I must admit I enjoyed every bit of it. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to keep everyone alive the first couple of tries, but eventually I realised what was wrong and quickly fixed it. I can't wait to import my character into Mass Effect 3.

I started playing The Witcher shortly after that, and although I'm enjoying the game I'm getting bored of the loading screens.

I finished Mass Effect 2 a couple of days ago, and I must admit I enjoyed every bit of it. Unfortunately, I didn't manage to keep everyone alive the first couple of tries, but eventually I realised what was wrong and quickly fixed it. I can't wait to import my character into Mass Effect 3.

I just played ME2 again last weekend. I have now played it more times than BG2. Mildly concerned by this development, but it's like crack to me. :o

The more I play it, the more I think of Mordin's writing. And the more I am bored by Samara and Thane.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I just played ME2 again last weekend. I have now played it more times than BG2. Mildly concerned by this development, but it's like crack to me. :p

The more I play it, the more I think of Mordin's writing. And the more I am bored by Samara and Thane.

Any character that can work in a sensible reason to break into a Gilbert & Sullivan song mid-game is totally going to be classed as well-written... :thumbsup:

Samara and Thane do seem a touch..flat compared to some of the others. Although the dossier info in Lair of the Shadowbroker did add a certain depth to Samara.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Playing more Halo Reach. I think it's the promise of making my Spartan prettier that keeps me. The campaign is fun. Online is nothing special.

Except Gruntpocalypse. Imagine you've got a game where you're been attacked by swarms of tiny ninjas with grenades and the occasional rocket launcher. It's kind of like that.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

i too just replayed mass effect 2. and have now beaten it 3 times. samara is by far my least favorite npc, and morinth isnt any better. the only time I lost an npc was my first playthrough where I lost Tali.

also this time I discovered how effective garrus is with a battle rifle and level 4 of his ammo power. I think he was consistently getting the most kills out of all the npcs I used.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Legion with Widow. Enemies just fall down around you.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Mass Effect 3.

Because, like, making new games is just so mid 1990s.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Mass Effect 3.

WHy do something different when you can keep doing the same thing over and over and still make money hand over fist?

It's the Blizzard model. And well proven at this point.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

Mass Effect 3.

I would be inclined to agree but I find it amusing to read something like that on the Obsidian boards.

Companies like Bioware and Blizzard have a lot more resources and clout to push gaming forward in new directions.

Obs is a second tier studio at best and has to do what it needs to do to survive.

Notice how I can belittle your beliefs without calling you names. It's a useful skill to have particularly where you aren't allowed to call people names. It's a mistake to get too drawn in/worked up. I mean it's not life or death, it's just two guys posting their thoughts on a message board. If it were personal or face to face all the usual restraints would be in place, and we would never have reached this place in the first place. Try to remember that.

The bigger you are, the harder it is to justify big risks, especially if you are a publicly traded company.

That's why innovation comes from indie developers.

Totally agree. It's unfortunate that such is the current paradigm.

i think browser games like farmville have shown that the most profitable method of game making is actually releasing bargain software at bargain prices to an ENORMOUS market. basically the exact opposite of the hardcore strategy game model. (not saying that model isnt viable, it just doesnt create mountains of cash to swim through. also: being WoW appears to be a good business model, but like the highlander, there can be only one...)

its times like these that make me glad there are people making games because they love making games and not for the paycheck. not many of them exist, but they are indeed out there. If they weren't then we never would have gotten planescape torment.

Edited by entrerix

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

its times like these that make me glad there are people making games because they love making games and not for the paycheck. not many of them exist, but they are indeed out there. If they weren't then we never would have gotten planescape torment.

I'd be surprised that the people making it were just volunteering their time.

lol thats not what i meant.

of course you go to work to get a paycheck. but some people choose a profession out of a passion for the profession rather than which profession will grant them the largest paycheck.