What are you playing now

Gorth

Playing Rome:Total War.

Gotta say, the general speeches can be quite funny, one of my generals just yelled "And any man who comes through this mostly intact will be my sister! It'll be frocks and coats for everyone you'll see!" *army cheers loudly*

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I love the squeaky voice guy that yells "Victory is ours!"

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

Was going to say I'm dividing time between PS:T and Borderlands, but it's been exclusively the latter. Just reached New Haven and decided to sidetrack and play a DLC or two. Currently investigating the Zombie Island of Dr. Ned. Great fun.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Finished the Claptrap DLC. It was fun, but not the best DLC. I actually liked zombie island more for the humor in it. And it lacked the production value of Knoxx. But worth it, nontheless.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Still playing F1 2010. Just lost the WDC by 1 point to Fernando. :ermm:

Was pretty bummed about this game when I first started playing it, but now I'm pretty much addicted to it.

Warms my soul to hear you're having fun.

I came up with Crate 3.0 technology. 

Crate 4.0 - we shall just have to wait and see.

Down and out on the Solomani Rim
Now the Spinward Marches don't look so GRIM!

Viva la Robolution!

EDIT: I killed

Ned-Trap

in one hit. This thing is so far below my level i highly doubt I'm getting the full experience (pun intended).

Edited by I want teh kotor 3
In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Finished the Claptrap DLC. It was fun, but not the best DLC. I actually liked zombie island more for the humor in it. And it lacked the production value of Knoxx. But worth it, nontheless.

I'll take your word on that game and rent it. As of now, I'm playing Resident Evil: Code Veronica X.

Edited by Nihilus5078

deicideLogo5.jpg

I'll take your word on that game and rent it. As of now, I'm playing Resident Evil: Code Veronica X.

code veronica X is my second favorite resident evil game. and it had my favorite story and location of the series. ....

thinking about it makes me want to replay it, maybe come january when i'm all civved out.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Borderlands itself was absofrigginlutely epic... The DLCs have varied from **** (Moxxi) to amazing (Ned).

In 7th grade, I teach the students how Chuck Norris took down the Roman Empire, so it is good that you are starting early on this curriculum.

R.I.P. KOTOR 2003-2008 KILLED BY THOSE GREEDY MONEY-HOARDING ************* AND THEIR *****-*** MMOS

Borderlands itself was absofrigginlutely epic... The DLCs have varied from **** (Moxxi) to amazing (Ned).

True. Borderlands is damn awesome.

deicideLogo5.jpg

Viva la Robolution!

EDIT: I killed

Ned-Trap

in one hit. This thing is so far below my level i highly doubt I'm getting the full experience (pun intended).

I gained 1 level the entire DLC. hah

*gripe* I have an urge to play a total war game, but Napoleon just takes to long to do anything and my rome game just went nuts when it leaves the battles for the strategic map causing my computer to reset due to a bad memory reference or something.

*sigh* I need to run back home for a tiny bit and pick up a few games (Including most of my Midieval total war disks... I have kingdoms disk one but nothing else (thought the rest of the disks had been in there).

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

Shogun is still the best game in the series.

I gave up on Fallout 2 for now. I want to concentrate on Arcanum. I was going to be evil, but I just couldn't do it. Will save that for next playthrough. Random fact: I love the music.

just played a game of civ last night. i played from 6pm until 2am and i am regretting the lack of sleep :sorcerer:

however... giant death robot!

i was going for a "take over the world" civ, wherein i spread cities far and wide and basically drowned the rest of the world in my glory. I never went to war unless attacked first, and would just culture bomb areas that I wanted more land.

all until I unlocked the giant death robot. at which time I decided to just wipe everyone else out. it was so easy. It was also fun watching him go to town on musketmen. must have been a real shock to them.

next game will be on a higher difficulty...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I love me a GDR. That's the kind of unit that Civ needs. More futurism! I want space station colonization and orbital strikes!

yes! I would push it even further... I'd love it if civ let you play all the way to the year 40,000

imagine the horus heresy, civ style.

the first invasion of the tyranids on your planets.

the arrival of the orks...

man, the game would take weeks to complete though

Nah, you just win a regular Civ game, then you start up a game of Gal Civ.

i would not have thought to describe Torchlight as a fantasy shooter. have you never played diablo?

Google tells me that Risen requires some simple workarounds to get AA to work properly. http://www.pcgameshardware.com/aid,696728/...aster/Practice/

Haven't looked too deeply into it but apparently the current Unreal engine doesn't come with AA support out of the box and each developer has to go out of their way to implement it - some do it selectively and some not at all - witness the latest Batman controversy.

Ah, it's the Unreal engine. Yeah that explains it. A lot of those fixes I don't like mucking with - not important enough to me to be worth the trouble. If it doesn't work 'out of the box' or with a simple ini. file tweak I tend to leave it alone. Also, a lot of those solutions (on other site pages too) don't seem to apply in Win7/patched (eg the files they name aren't there...)

I haven't played that many hours (just a few) but I'm already frustrated with Risen. I don't mind difficult games where I die a lot more than, say, the almost-never-die of Diablo style games, but my having to quick save every few minutes and reload fights almost constantly, because my apparently lame combat/clicking/timing skillz aren't adequate, is plain annoying. It does seem like a good game, I'm not knocking that...but too emotionally frustrating for me. I like to feel like I have at least a chance of success without having to rely on save/reloading at a constant pace. :p Ah well. Maybe if I try it again later it won't bug me as much then. Sometimes that happens.

Edited by LadyCrimson
“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts