What are you playing now

Gorth

Giving Space Rangers 2 Reboot a try.

I feel I'd actually quite enjoy this game.. if I could actually do more then get blown up by pirates past the introduction. The fact that their weapons do about 4 times more damage then mine and fire about twice as rapidly seems to keep having me blow up before I can actually do anything to upgrade my ship....

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Done with Overlord II, funny game overall. Last boss fight reminded me of my annoyance with the game, damn checkpoint saves and multi-stage boss fights. Control scheme wasn't ported to PC very well in some instances, but no matter

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

So I'm playing Two Worlds today for a bit, like I have every day for a week plus now or something...and I started to wonder. Why are there so many frakkin' merchants? I counted over a dozen in one of the bigger towns alone, spread out over a wide "we're gonna make you run a mile!" area. Probably a 2-3 dozen others I've encountered in other towns/areas so far, too. I can see having more than one per town, what with the stacking items concept/more opportunity to buy stuff for that, but...well...see...

...a person who is compulsively driven to check every merchant for gear every time they go in to sell loot, especially early-middle game, is going to be slowly driven mad by it all. ( <----------- me ) o:)

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

Giving Space Rangers 2 Reboot a try.

I feel I'd actually quite enjoy this game.. if I could actually do more then get blown up by pirates past the introduction. The fact that their weapons do about 4 times more damage then mine and fire about twice as rapidly seems to keep having me blow up before I can actually do anything to upgrade my ship....

Whats your starting race/ship?

I've only played it as a human so far, starting out the the fair sized ship and bank account. I eventually made it a priority to upgrade ship speed and do missions to accumulate wealth. Scavenging when the big boys fight is a great source of income for upgrades too. Never leave home without a gripper (or buy a hull that doesn't allow one) :)

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Whats your starting race/ship?

I've only played it as a human so far, starting out the the fair sized ship and bank account. I eventually made it a priority to upgrade ship speed and do missions to accumulate wealth. Scavenging when the big boys fight is a great source of income for upgrades too. Never leave home without a gripper (or buy a hull that doesn't allow one) :)

Started out as a human mercenary.. did the introduction bit, and the mars robot thing.. now every time I leave mars I just get jumped by 1 of two pirates and blown up before I can reach anywhere else. So I'm thinking I might just restart and see what develops.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

...a person who is compulsively driven...

Hmm, I'm pretty sure this isn't an actual flaw in the game.

Personally, I liked having the choice. Also, every merchant has different wares. It's worth it to check up on all of them every once in a while.. just not every time!

Swedes, go to: Spel2, for the latest game reviews in swedish!

I just beat Borderlands. I take back everything negative I've ever said about Gearbox. Pretty far into Zombie Island, then onto the other two xpacs and to wait for the upcoming one.

Done with Overlord II, funny game overall. Last boss fight reminded me of my annoyance with the game, damn checkpoint saves and multi-stage boss fights. Control scheme wasn't ported to PC very well in some instances, but no matter

Overlord is a shining example of the function of dual analog sticks. It's ported well to the PC, you just need a gamepad.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

Started Disciples III yesterday, first impression is RTS meets SRPG. Very long and tedious moments with nothing to do, the difficulty scale is a little skewered and yet the game is strangely addictive.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Overlord is a shining example of the function of dual analog sticks. It's ported well to the PC, you just need a gamepad.

Unlikely going to buy a peripheral for this one game, but the sweeping and stuff is easy with the mouse, although it messed up for me when I tried to sweep forward and the camera shifts to the back left. I did laugh when I saw the screen to choose a mistress using Alt, Q or RMB to choose.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

A more accurate description would be Heroes of Might and Magic meets Heroes of Might and Magic :p

And isn't it all turn based?

Just like in a SRPG :lol:

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

village_idiot.gif

Company of Heroes Online Beta, still.

Wow, it's amazing playing different gamers. One minute you're on top of the world, an unstoppable leviathan of fiery destruction. The next you are getting pwned by a guy who knows how to use a sniper and a MG and holds up your entire advance because you can't capture one freaking fuel point.

This is a very polished product. And it's free when it's released next month. And, no, I don't work for them.

sonsofgygax.JPG

Finished up The Maimed God's Saga. All in all one of the most enjoyable mods I've played. Definitely one I'll replay at some point, extremely fun.

Now I'm playing a bunch of old SNES games. Rock'n'Roll Racing at the moment which is the best game ever.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

im playing earthbound off and on, very cute little game so far.

im also playing some starcraft2 online with a friend, and I'm also playing FF8.

i gave up on the longest journey again. I have a feeling it will still be in my backlog in another 5 years...

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I'll have to play Elemental (need a new game anyway) friend won't STFU about it, hehe. Know next to nothing about it though, other than it's 4x in fantasy.

Whose brilliant idea was it for each of the sections of Mad Moxxi to require nearly two hours? GEARBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOX

I'm not even sure if you can save without having to restart. That'd be stupid to not be able to, but I don't want to risk it.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

...a person who is compulsively driven...

Hmm, I'm pretty sure this isn't an actual flaw in the game.

Personally, I liked having the choice. Also, every merchant has different wares. It's worth it to check up on all of them every once in a while.. just not every time!

Aye, not a game flaw...it's a me-flaw! :)

Somewhere after level 24 I started spending an hour or two shopping for every hour of questing/killing. The system of stacking items doesn't help. I have a low level quiver (don't use a bow) I've been stacking forever that is awesome. Then I realized you could use horses & empty chests for loot stashes & I began trying to collect all the sets that I think are 'cool looking'.

I need help! Bring the net, Shoppers Anonymous!

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

A more accurate description would be Heroes of Might and Magic meets Heroes of Might and Magic :)

And isn't it all turn based?

Just like in a SRPG :)

And where does the RTS part come in?

The world map, managing resources to level up troops in a short time, and picking the right classes for the job whilst using the capital to build them up.

village_idiot.gif