What you did today

Gorth

In life terms I'd say 25 lbs of excess fat is better than 80 lbs of excess a-hole.

I'll have to print that and frame it somewhere.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Welcome newbie.

Today I beat the windows chess thingie on level 6, which almost qualifies as an achievement. I was hampered by not being able to unnerve my opponent which is usually how I beat my siblings. Now for six hours of work- drudgery.

Edited by Gorgon

Na na  na na  na na  ...

greg358 from Darksouls 3 PVP is a CHEATER.

That is all.

I massivley overslept today and narrowly avoided causing all kinds of difficulty. Am now writing a risk management plan for PhD and wondering if me being a cretin is a risk/

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

I managed to turn in a decent performance on the golf course yesterday. My weekly round with the future-father-in-law turned into a quartet with two of his buddies tagging along. Over the course of 18 holes I shot a personal best. And looking at my scores from the beginning of the year, I've taken nearly 40 strokes off. Golf is my new favorite hobby. At least for another month, until it starts snowing.

bnwdancer9ma7pk.gif

Jaguars4ever is still alive.  No word of a lie.

I managed to turn in a decent performance on the golf course yesterday. My weekly round with the future-father-in-law turned into a quartet with two of his buddies tagging along. Over the course of 18 holes I shot a personal best. And looking at my scores from the beginning of the year, I've taken nearly 40 strokes off. Golf is my new favorite hobby. At least for another month, until it starts snowing.

Just paint the golf balls bright orange. Then you can keep playing in the snow!

Noticed that my vid. drivers very randomly "stop responding" (but Win7 'recovers' so no interruption) once in a great while during non-game applications. So I tried installing nvidia's most recent drivers, which apparently decided I should no longer have the ability to turn PhysX off from the cpanel. ::frownyface::

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

So I decided during my short prep time in between classes to rush over to Best Buy. I was making good time, until I got pulled over. I was going 49 in a 35. The cop was pretty nice about it, but I'm way bummed out. I hadn't gotten a ticket in ten years, and now this is my second in 6 months. There goes about $250 and now I'll have my first point on my DMV record. I don't think it will change my insurance premium by much, but it is still very upsetting.

I told my wife she is going to have to chauffeur me for the next 18 months.

edit: Never made it to Best Buy, either.

Edited by Hurlshot

^ Did you try crying when the cop got the ticket out? It always works for me. =]

I thought about it. I did plead that I was a teacher and I was just trying to pick up a few school supplies during my very short break. Think of the children, officer!

I work in a psychiatry ward at the local hospital and I was pretty exhausted when I got home from work today.

There was a patient who is psychotic, and during her bad spells she is convinced that she is actually an orange and that certain people are trying to peel her skin off. I'd actually heard about similar cases (people believing they are fruit and are afraid of being peeled) but I'd never seen it. It sounds comical at first but, in spending a lot of time talking with her, it's pretty damn terrifying and saddening to see her explain how she on one hand can sorta logically see that it's not real but on the other hand really *feel* like it's happening.

Working in a psychiatry ward can sorta de-sensitize you, you can see and hear a lot of strange things but for some reason this really got to me today. Got kinda emotional, talked with a workmate who had had similar experiences (she's been working much longer than I) which helped, and after taking a small break I was fine again.

I really enjoy the work though, it's very humbling and I can really feel myself growing as a person.

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

I was going 49 in a 35. The cop was pretty nice about it, but I'm way bummed out.

Friend got nailed doing 50 in a 25 - she was late for work. Her husband was like "I've sped on that road too, but that's really bad, lol."

A few city tickets in my teens kinda cured me re:going more than 5 over, anywhere but on the freeway, heh. Bummer about the driving record tho. Mine's been clean a long long time too & I dread the day... :thumbsup:

“Things are as they are. Looking out into the universe at night, we make no comparisons between right and wrong stars, nor between well and badly arranged constellations.” – Alan Watts

I switched over to the new ISP today. Speeds are only slightly better, but costs are significantly lower and I'm no longer dealing with bandwidth caps or throttling. We'll see how the stability compares over the next few days.

Edited by Deraldin

Today has been a mish mash of oddness. Woke up at 9 then went to sleep for what I thought was about 15-30 minutes, happened to be more like 3 hours. Went down to test drive a honda accord was displeased and on a whim test drove a 2011 buick regal. I'm buying the freakin thing tomorrow, its a very beautiful car and I don't care that it has old people reputation. Chicks are going to see the outside and be modestly impressed and then they'll see the inside and their panties will mysteriously go missing. Then I ate a burrito and scurried off to class which only happened to be 15 freakin minutes. Took me longer to drive there than actual class time but this kid started talking to me and we became quick friends, very odd.

Then this lesbian girl I met at a party last weekend texted me wanting to go out tonight. I'm not going to go because the place is like an hour away and I have school and car stuff to do tomorrow but most of all I'm scared. I have no idea what I've gotten myself into. At the party we held hands and she grinded on me a bit but we didn't hook up or anything. She is pretty much the ideal girl for me at this point. She's quite attractive and has an incredible smile, she is a little heavy but I can look past that but more importantly shes my antithesis. For every bit of the shy introvert I am she is casually outgoing and guides me effortlessly into sexually stimulating territory. At least for the 3-4 hours that I have known her. I'm no master shryke but I have a relatively strong sense of intuition and it's telling me right now that somewhere within 2 weeks I will be getting laid or at least involved in some sex act.

There was a time when I questioned the ability for the schizoid to ever experience genuine happiness, at the very least for a prolonged segment of time. I am no closer to finding the answer, however, it has become apparent that contentment is certainly a realizable goal. I find these results to be adequate, if not pleasing. Unfortunately, connection is another subject entirely. When one has sufficiently examined the mind and their emotional constructs, connection can be easily imitated. More data must be gleaned and further collated before a sufficient judgment can be reached.

don't try to follow in my footsteps sluggy

i get myself in more bad situations than good it seems

in fact, just found myself faced with a new awkward situation to deal with

today i've been chatting online with my friend's girlfriend's sister about the last time we hung out and when she's next coming down to Wellington. she's a really cool chick, but i never thought about making a move on her despite her being very cute and both of us being very drunk, and ever since that night we chat quite regularly. but today i finally realised what's up and asked her about it. yeah she's into me, which would be awesome, if not for the fact that i'm seeing someone at the moment ;)

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

Guest The Architect

It's hard to believe a little piss ant island like New Zealand has so many highly attractive or very cute girls, especially when every Kiwi girl who lives in Perth who I've met is pretty ****in' ugly or just average looking, then again my memory's not too crash hot, and I do have a natural bias against Kiwi people. ;)

Guest The Architect

Or maybe they just look pretty to you but actually aren't because you're drunk nearly all the time. ;) But then again I think "beer goggles" is a myth, nothing but an excuse because some guys are too ashamed to admit that they would sleep with girls who are just ordinary looking and sometimes of an even lower standard. But then again I rarely drink beer so what would I know?

ahaha low blow Archie

i'll have you know i hardly drink at all anymore. even when i'm out at a party i'll usually only take a single bottle of wine, and that's barely enough to get tipsy let alone drunk ;)

i suppose it's just the type of people i hang out with. so many dancers/models/musicians/etc

when your mind works against you - fight back with substance abuse!

...and pay cash.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat: