Fallout Online

Ausir

Better not give it to any East-European developers then :)

The logistics would be kind of problematic as well, you can't just make a few square kilometer map and stick all of Europe's bigger cities on it...

Then pick a major city.

I vote for London.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I honestly can't see Fallout working in a european setting, it's too much tied with the idealized american 50s, the red scare and all of that.

Even if you do a retrofuturistic game set in London, it would still feel too different, or at least, it would for me.

There was red scare in Europe as well. As well as retro looking visions of the future.

Edited by Ausir

Imagine a Fallout (V1) game purposely (and humorously) designed as the "other side" of the war, not set in America (still based on 50's idealism ~just not the US's).

Could it have worked? Maybe with the right folks making it.

I think it could have been neat, and would likely have it installed now had it been made.

Actually, a postapocalyptic Africa would have been amazing IMO - that's something I'd love to see done with a OTS/FPP, 3D fallout. There will be extremely remote areas where the small population and their environment was never really in touch with technology, and were not so affected by the apocalypse, either; more 'urban' areas that do know about it but were not targeted by bombs and become the new metropolis; devastated areas; disruption to wildlife and nature; some refugees from the West that made it to Africa or were stuck when the bombs hit; etc.

EA, ..., Activision, ...

You're joking, right?

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Actually, a postapocalyptic Africa would have been amazing IMO - that's something I'd love to see done with a OTS/FPP, 3D fallout. There will be extremely remote areas where the small population and their environment was never really in touch with technology, and were not so affected by the apocalypse, either; more 'urban' areas that do know about it but were not targeted by bombs and become the new metropolis; devastated areas; disruption to wildlife and nature; some refugees from the West that made it to Africa or were stuck when the bombs hit; etc.

So it would be a modern Africa simulator?

just kidding

Yeah, sadly I can't see Africa being that different. ;)

What about Paris? In terms of the people things happening in the '50s that would rule.

On the other hand, the UK/London would have far more creepy infrastructure. All the different architectures, and there would be the equivalent to the Enclave, and god knows what that would be like. I'm thinking the Armitage strips from 2000AD. Quatermass and the Pit... Sherlock Holmes... Could work.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Yeah, sadly I can't see Africa being that different. :p

What about Paris? In terms of the people things happening in the '50s that would rule.

On the other hand, the UK/London would have far more creepy infrastructure. All the different architectures, and there would be the equivalent to the Enclave, and god knows what that would be like. I'm thinking the Armitage strips from 2000AD. Quatermass and the Pit... Sherlock Holmes... Could work.

The Daleks Invasion of Earth and Daleks Invasion of Earth 2150 AD...

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

There was red scare in Europe as well. As well as retro looking visions of the future.

True, but that wasn't really my point, my point is that Fallout is tied to the United States.

Keep it out from the USA and it's not the same game, like it or not.

It's not as if it will ever be "the same game" anymore anyways.

True, but that wasn't really my point, my point is that Fallout is tied to the United States.

So , hum, let's make it as different as possible for **** and giggles?

Can't say I like the strategy. :p

So , hum, let's make it as different as possible for **** and giggles?

Can't say I like the strategy. :)

, but it has irrevocably/undeniably, already happened :* Edited by Gizmo

Your fantasy Fallout 3 looks kind of crappy.

The Redneck Rampage mod looks way better.

Of course it looks crappy :( ; whadya expect from an hours [unpaid] work. It was just a concept proof. (using Dawn of War screen captures)

Imagine a Witcher style TPP game, done post apoc, with NPC dialogs like Fallout 1 had, but in this kind of facial quality.

When FO3 enters a menu/dialog, everything else stops cold... and they have only one NPC on-screen ~ this could have been a single animated head (of the GPU taxing type), and really impressed the fans. Fallout 3 (IMO) should have been Fallout 2 made fully DX9 3d-rotatable ISO, in the style of Witcher and NWN, and improved every single thing about it... the heads, the animations, the depth of story, and interactivity.

~Everything that made FO2 fun, but improved. Not everything that made Oblivion fun, but improved. :(

[ btw, the face is a youtube link]

Edited by Gizmo

The talking heads thing in FO1/2 was a necessity of the time, I don't think it would fly these days. Just adding decent facial animation with some boob movement thrown in should be good enough.

fixed

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.