Patch Wishlist

and again here am I

things that i noticed today and really hate.. and think that at least half of them are somekind of bugs

firstly there are checkpoints and loading of them. ok.. i ruined a moment, done something that i dont want.. i'm loading my last checkpoint without dying. and what am i seeing? checkpoint loads and i'm standing straight in line of view of an enemy..

and i'm all like "WHAT THE F*CK?!".. when this checkpoint is the start position of this mission and i must hide crouching behind the hiding point =\ and the enemy must had looked the opposite direction. but when i load this damned checkpoint EVERYTIME i found myself standing in front of the enemy.. AWFUL

also about checkpoints and loading. many many many times i saw this. I load the checkpoint and there are completely NO enemies, just empty area (at least until the next checkpoint), but sometimes loading this checkpoint again restores all enemies that must be on their places.... again - WTF?!

one more thing i noticed:

when you changing hiding spots from one to another running.. WHY do you have to run so loudly.. i mean when u r crouching behind it and changing to another you must be silent like you are crouched, but cometimes Mike runs and it ruins all the sneaky-moment

aand back to lovely hacking thing =\ one more PC-resolution bug if i got this right.. when hacking computers and moving right digits with mouse it totally mismatch, position of mouse and position of digits really mismatch and this making it harder to control, when actually you have sometimes enough difficulties with finding not moving spots.. this is - bad!

and i'm thinking that for PC all this checkpoint system is just really wrong.. but i can handle it, it's not so bad, we can live with it :sorcerer: just used to it 'cause of all this ports of console games

PS - i'm praying that developers or whoever from the game's crew are reading it sometimes or maybe they will.. because such a cool concept and idea don't really make sense with so many bugs, lags and just bad gameplay moments =( i would reeeally like (and i think many people can agree with me) to see this game getting better and less buggy by patches or addons (bunch of cool big patches will do a great job)

PSS - also i agree with last post of Hassat Hunter

This thread so far has almost everything Obsidian needs to know to fix the issues.

When I switched to an Xbox controller on PC, the game became so much more enjoyable, and much much easier. It is clear that more work is needed to optimize mouse/keyboard (compare what BW did for ME & ME2). Right now, mouse/keyboard controls are clunky in general, and frustrating in mini-games. PLEASE fix this!

How about allowing us to switch off (or auto-win) the mini-games? Some of us will appreciate it. After all, some RPG veterans are well into their sixties and do not have the eyesight or reactions to complete them in time. Why eliminate this audience?

What would I want to patch?

First, to fix most common issues. Like mouse twitching. Players should not need to hack ini files in order to play game properly. Also, enemies disappearing after that when reloading last save is common too.

Second, GUI needs some work. Proper hotkey capabilities to be added to reduce tedium existing with constant use of Q,Z,X,C,G keys, and to increase game fluidity in the process.

Also, ESC should let you leave *every* menu. And ESC should get you out of either of Inventory, Intel or Service screens right back to the game, same should be available if you press corresponding shortcut too (I, M, P). press I, get into inventory, press I again, get back to the game.

There are also some conversations that are not skippable. Flag them as skippable too.

And the end, to tone down a bit hacking game. Starting difficulty is ok, but it difficulty scales up too quickly. That should be reduced. And have an option to use keyboard for both sets of cursors, as well as ability to move more quickly with keyboard in that mini-game. It's too slow and time is ticking.

Edited by player1

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.

Physically unable? How so?

I don't disagree with the statement some are hard to control (they are, I agree with you). But taking it "It ruins the game, prevents me to progress, the game sucks, I am going to stop playing" is just taking it too far.

EMP Grenades are in there for a reason too, not just to decorate your inventory...

You do realize that you are arguing for AP whilst he is against mini-games in general? I don't think that we can save this one.

Another alternative to EMP is the printed circuitry gloves, gives enough boost that the mini-games are not disruptive.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Do something about the Gelato Man mission. I have a **** computer, but the game runs smoothly if I put the details and resolution to a minimum. But this particular mission has extreme freezing problems on my machine, as if it was somehow more demanding than the rest of the game... and I can't see why!

Yeah, delete them... god forbid if the game was actually hard on HARD. Seriously, was OE not paying attention at the "how silly easy your game is supposed to be" lectures.

For anyone having issues and threatning to stop over them... EMP GRENADES! Seriously.

Agree, the funny thing was I think it was Feargus from OE in an interview that was giving one of those lectures a few years ago =p

The only bugs I've encountered on the 360 are:

Rome ruin missions, had to reload because once the information started downloading and I killed off all the agents storming in it never ended. I reloaded and it worked fine.

The other one was some textures taking their time loading in Moscow. But only a couple.

Other than that the game has been running great! Am I the only one or are other Xbox players getting little to no bugs?

On the 360, I remark the checkpoint bug: loading from the last checkpoint wipe off enemies (plant bug), also breaks the "one with the shadows" perk.

As well as the "I don't hit girls" perk bug.

And the taking cover, sometimes under cover, you are not able to aim or fire.

These bugs are particularly notorious in hard mode.

I'm playing Alpha Protocol - PC Version.

Here's what I'd like for AP PC.

1. Some controls aren't configurable. I'd want configurable KB/mouse controls for...

A. Weapons Radial Menu

B. Gadgets Radial Menu

C. Skill Radial Menu

D. Inventory

2. Reposition Camera Key - a key to reposition the camera directly behind Mike automatically.

3. Toggle Locked/Unlocked Camera - Basically, it's a key to Toggle b/t keeping the camera locked behind Mike AND having the camera completely UNLOCKED.

4. REBALANCING weapons.

A. Re-balance pistols to be stronger.

B. Re-balance assault rifles to be weaker.

5. Unlock Shader 3.0 Features - Unlock SM 3.0, AA, and AF options that are natively found within Unreal Engine 3.0 so we can decide if we want to use these ourselves.

6. Improved animation for Mike's sneaking to be more like a crouching/sneaking movement without his butt up high in the sky.

Edited by MysterD

A. Weapons Radial Menu

B. Gadgets Radial Menu

C. Skill Radial Menu

They appear in my hotkey screen. Look for the ones tied to Z, X and C.

You DO realise they are overpowered already, right?

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

A. Weapons Radial Menu

B. Gadgets Radial Menu

C. Skill Radial Menu

They appear in my hotkey screen. Look for the ones tied to Z, X and C.

You DO realise they are overpowered already, right?

Explain.

I ain't hitting a side of the barn, unless up close...

EDIT:

About the Z,X,C keys...

I don't see them listed in my Keymappings.

I know them keys work, when playing...

Edited by MysterD

they are pretty weak outside critical hit

That's... kind of the way they are meant to be used. It's like saying "BUT SHOTGUNS ARE POWERLESS OVER LONG DISTANCES!" and then demanding that shotguns get scopes and turn into sniperrifles or whatever.

Explain.

I ain't hitting a side of the barn, unless up close...

Then you're doing it wrong. Also, yeah, you need to be closer. High skill levels make that range insane though. Not as insane as Assault Rifles true, but that's not their designation.

About the Z,X,C keys...

I don't see them listed in my Keymappings.

Well, they should appear amongst the keys, they do for me. They are called pretty weird like "Weapons" instead of "Radial Menu", so that's why you should look for the hotkey instead.

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

How should we handle Spoiler fix suggestions in this thread, just Tag them?

Option to disable the Dialog Timer, since I read they are based on each cutscene and not independent.

Quick Save, oh wait a million people already asked before me. Seriously who ever thought it was a good idea NOT to have a Quick Save should be Drawn and Quartered.

Hey how about putting someone who ACTUALLY plays on a PC to work on controls? :p

Unlock the Skills so we can actually pick and choose our Agent Skills at least on Operative or make a new setting.

Next and Previous Skill keys, additionally Next and Previous Gadget keys, but any PC gamer could tell you this. :lol:

An option to turn of those damn Bouncing Icons as and example on the Ladders, geezz nothing like Giant Bouncing Icons to set the mood. :p

use [s p o i l e r] tags.

Unlock the Skills so we can actually pick and choose our Agent Skills at least on Operative or make a new setting.

This would break the balance completely. They would need to rejig the entire system to make it work (or you could, say, have maxed Shadow Operative at level 1 on Veteran).

Well, they should appear amongst the keys, they do for me. They are called pretty weird like "Weapons" instead of "Radial Menu", so that's why you should look for the hotkey instead.

Still don't see them on my Keymappings in my Controls sections.

I see them in the manual, listed as:

"Skill Radial" for Z

"Gadget Radial" for C

and "Weapon Radial" for X.

Also, I don't see in my Keymappings in my Controls section:

Open PDA - Tab

Open PDA Personal Dossier - P

Open Map - M

Open PDA Loadout - I

Is anybody else have these listed and configurable in their keymappings?

I've only completed one Saudi mission and I love it so far but it really needs a level of PC polish. A lot of this is repeated earlier in the thread but I wanted to voice my support of these suggestions. I'm a big Obsidian fan, so please read this as my support to make this great game even better.

Quick Save - no really, forget the dramatic choices argument, let us play the way we want to play. Nothing worse than having to reload a checkpoint immediately BEFORE a hacking mini-game multiple times. Another great reason, you can't save at the safehouse after buying from the clearinghouse or changing inventory until you start a new mission.

Multiple Careers - Starting a new game should not overwrite my previous game's saves. Simplest example: Mass Effects.

If you insist on solely keeping the checkpoint saves, please allow a checkpoint save from the last mission. I accidently ended a mission before I wanted to by finding the main objective before I was ready to leave, not knowing I would teleport back to the safehouse as soon as I clicked it. Don't overwrite mission checkpoint saves with safehouse saves. Actually, save every checkpoint from the current mission and the last safe house separately.

Camera Distance - it's a tad too close, please allow us to zoom out a tad, some of the camera control issues go away with a little more wiggle room.

Hacking mini-game - Enough said?

Dialog Timers - Defaulting as current is great to encourage dramatic conversation but you'd make a lot of people, including those with reading disabilities, a lot happier by allowing longer timers or better yet an option to turn the timers off. I realize the stamina system is tied into the conversation timers, you can still only allow the same amount of time to pass in-game as the current timer does.

Smaller fonts in the character, intel & other screens - when I can only read a few lines of text when I'm sitting 18" from my monitor and then adding a "more text" button, that reeks of console carry over.

Mouse wheel - should work for email, intel & skill texts. Anywhere where it has those tiny up/down arrow buttons without even a scrollbar to drag, the mouse wheel should work. Dragable scrollbar added would be a nice bonus.

Escape key - gets you out of the current menu/screen. I think right click somewhat functions like this already but come on guys!

Quick keys for powers - a bar that shows the quick keys and or weapons & gadgets would be fantastic. Your own NWN2 did a fantastic job with this, even adding additional bars in later patches. That was much better. This is really pretty standard for PC RPGs: Mass Effect, Deus Ex, NWN, etc, etc. Go ahead and make it like the companion menu in Mass Effect where it only popped up if you held a key down as an option if you're worried about immersion breaking.

Corpses stay - corpses shouldn't disappear during a mission. Added as an option is fine.

This is a great game and thank you for all your time and effort!

Multiple Careers - Starting a new game should not overwrite my previous game's saves. Simplest example: Mass Effects.

It doesn't. Only main checkpoint save, as well as last savehouse save are the one overwritten, if you decide to play with other character. All manual saves stay fine.

Also, when inside savehouse, if you do manual save after buying things from clearinhouse, reply mails and do other stuff, that info will be saved properly. Of course, manual saves inside mission are nothing else then backups of last mission checkpoint, as usual.

Spell Fixes compilation for Neverwinter Nights 2, as well as my other submissions for this great game.

I'd like to see chainshot addressed. Not only is it a bit over the top but it also appears as if all shots fired during it are counted as misses despite being dead on.

"When the foul sore of envy corrupts the vanquished heart, the very exterior itself shows how forcibly the mind is urged by madness. For paleness seizes the complexion, the eyes are weighed down, the spirit is inflamed, while the limbs are chilled, there is frenzy in the heart, there is gnashing with the teeth."

It doesn't. Only main checkpoint save, as well as last savehouse save are the one overwritten, if you decide to play with other character. All manual saves stay fine.

Also, when inside savehouse, if you do manual save after buying things from clearinhouse, reply mails and do other stuff, that info will be saved properly. Of course, manual saves inside mission are nothing else then backups of last mission checkpoint, as usual.

Thank you for the clarification. It still doesn't organize them per character though does it? It could be very difficult to tell one save from another.

Doesn't really solve the issue, though. It wouldn't be a problem if we could name our saves, but saves in Alpha Protocol are extremely nondescriptive.

There's even a limit on the number of saves, so you'll eventually have to start removing saves just to squeeze new ones in there, without knowing which save is where, or with what character.

Lumped together or not, I can't tell one lump from the other.

t50aJUd.jpg