I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite thread on Obsidian

Gorth

there is a million plot holes still, it's not that they don't explain the universe to you. they just begin telling something and stop in the middle, jump to another topic and never go back to what they were telling you in the first place. it's everywhere and it's infuriating.

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

there is a million plot holes still, it's not that they don't explain the universe to you. they just begin telling something and stop in the middle, jump to another topic and never go back to what they were telling you in the first place. it's everywhere and it's infuriating.

I think it's more a question of hinting/leaving things intentionally open due to the trilogy structure. Not saying there aren't any plot holes, I'm notoriously bad at discovering them due to some psychological quirks, but I don't think what you and Virumor have mentioned so far qualify. :shifty:

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

While the idea that Shepard could be rebuilt from bones and burnt flesh is highly questionable, I can't say that ME 2 had millions of plot holes. For one thing, its plot is very simple.

1. Recruit characters 1-4

2. Fight collectors

3. Recruit character 5-7

4. Explore ghost ship and recuit character 8.

5. Go through Omega-5 relay and fight collectors.

In between are a bunch of side-quests. The only plot hole I can think of is the one where people who've been stranded on a planet for 12 years have thermal clips and mechs.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

While the idea that Shepard could be rebuilt from bones and burnt flesh is highly questionable, I can't say that ME 2 had millions of plot holes. For one thing, its plot is very simple.

1. Recruit characters 1-4

2. Fight collectors

3. Recruit character 5-7

4. Explore ghost ship and recuit character 8.

5. Go through Omega-5 relay and fight collectors.

In between are a bunch of side-quests. The only plot hole I can think of is the one where people who've been stranded on a planet for 12 years have thermal clips and mechs.

:)

Yeh, that's another thing I have gripes with. Unless the N7-armour had Space Shuttle heat-shielding, normally Shepard's body would've burnt completely to cinders in the atmosphere of the planet (s)he crash-landed on. There wouldn't even have been anything left to recover save maybe a few small balls of carbon.

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

If it had an earth-like atmosphere, yes. Alternatively, you could chuck a naked human body at the moon, and it wouldn't burn up at all. We know the planet had some atmosphere, but not how much compared to earth.

Edited by Maria Caliban

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Even with no atmosphere or a thin atmosphere, the body would simply keep accelerating without reaching a terminal velocity, and eventually form a paste on the surface of the planet.

Then again, the case could be made that Cerberus didn't really need the body to rebuilt, and just some intact DNA sufficed.

Am I the only one who thinks Lair of the Shadow Broker should have been ME2's main plot (add in something about the Shadow Broker working with Reapers or something)? The whole collectors thing just feels weak.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Am I the only one who thinks Lair of the Shadow Broker should have been ME2's main plot (add in something about the Shadow Broker working with Reapers or something)? The whole collectors thing just feels weak.

Setting up for the inevitable secret Prothean superweapon that is used to destroy the Reapers in ME3. Clearly the idea is to keep the Protheans at the forefront (as they were in the DLC).

But yeah, the massive team-building that leads into the shortish (I still like it though, but I think I'm a total ME2 fanboy, so...) suicide mission is kind of skewed. If they start blank slate for ME3, it's going to be even odder.

I'm looking forward to what excuse BioWare will come up with next to go running around X planets and shoot up Reaper drones. I expect the Reapers to be defeated like the aliens in Independence Day, tbh. But it would be really nice if the decision surrounding the Collector base actually matters.

Apparently Maria was right when she said everyone complained about newer Bioware games but still talked about them months later.

If I didn't see it, I'd say she was exaggerating.

Not that I have anything against incessantly talking about a particular game, but the hypocrisy is too blatant to avoid.

logosig2.jpg

Imperium Thought for the Day: Even a man who has nothing can still offer his life

the mako is mindless and frequent tedious, but it is harmless. the hammerhead, on the other hand, adds genuine gameplay. the problem for some folks is that the gameplay added is closer to the adventure or platformer end o' the spectrum. we don't mind the hammerhead missions too much, but we don't feel that skipping over rivers o' lava with a bouncing car is particular fun neither.

Just adding my 2 cents here. Being a cheapskate I played both ME and ME2 way after their releases, so I already knew most people hated the MAKO and loved the HAMMERHEAD before playing either games.

The question is... why?

The Mako is actually a fun way to explore planets, unlike probing. It's definitely missing in ME2 with far less exploration options.

The Hammerhead is just simply abhorent. The mako requires aiming, the Hammerhead holding down a button while being out of range. What the hell is the challenge in that? Well, how about instead adding horrible jumping sequences? See if we can make it worse than the rugged super-spiky level design of most MAKO maps had. And they succeeded.

The bad thing about the MAKO wasn't the MAKO, but the maps it was sometimes forced to go onto. Good to know Bio can turn the horrible quality of them up a notch in ME2.

I wouldn't be surprised if the ME3 "vehicle" is turned into a rail-shooter with even worse maps to support it.

Actually, that sounds like an improvement over the Hammerhead.

EDIT: And now I see you guys saying the same on page 6. I really shouldn't read threads inverted, should I?

Edited by Hassat Hunter

^

I agree that that is such a stupid idiotic pathetic garbage hateful retarded scumbag evil satanic nazi like term ever created. At least top 5.

TSLRCM Official Forum || TSLRCM Moddb || My other KOTOR2 mods || TSLRCM (English version) on Steam || [M4-78EP on Steam

Formerly known as BattleWookiee/BattleCookiee

Apparently Maria was right when she said everyone complained about newer Bioware games but still talked about them months later.

If I didn't see it, I'd say she was exaggerating.

Not that I have anything against incessantly talking about a particular game, but the hypocrisy is too blatant to avoid.

What hypocrisy? No one here said "Anyone who talks about a game they (/partially) don't like is an idiot!" and then went to chat about ME2. There aren't any laws against talking about games you more or less don't like either.

People had complaints about ME 2, but no one here hated it as far as I remember. Furthermore, a new, supposedly good DLC came out recently, with new, interesting content which is reason enough to talk about this game.

What hypocrisy? No one here said "Anyone who talks about a game they (/partially) don't like is an idiot!" and then went to chat about ME2. There aren't any laws against talking about games you more or less don't like either.

People had complaints about ME 2, but no one here hated it as far as I remember. Furthermore, a new, supposedly good DLC came out recently, with new, interesting content which is reason enough to talk about this game.

TBH, there are people on this very page who I've never seen say anything positive about the game, yet they keep posting in ME2 threads six months after it was released.

I liked it when it came out, and it's probably now in my top3 most played games ever (with BG2 and Might & Magic II)...

Hassat:

A lot of people have come to the same conclusion as you. I, for one, am hoping that they'll manage to pull their heads out of their collective asses regarding the vehicle bits and actually manage to find something good for the third one - I think they failed a bit to see what the Mako backlash was about, or they scrapped it entirely simply because of the negative press that was related to it (instead of improving on it).

Edited by Nepenthe

there are people on this very page who I've never seen say anything positive about the game, yet they keep posting in ME2 threads six months after it was released.

in my case that's because it took me six months to finish the game :) it was so bad, I had to take a break from it midway through

Walsingham said:

I was struggling to understand ths until I noticed you are from Finland. And having been educated solely by mkreku in this respect I am convinced that Finland essentially IS the wh40k universe.

there are people on this very page who I've never seen say anything positive about the game, yet they keep posting in ME2 threads six months after it was released.

in my case that's because it took me six months to finish the game :) it was so bad, I had to take a break from it midway through

haters4.jpg

Eh, I don't think it was a great roleplaying game... but it was a fun cinematic game. It might not have satisfied my rpg itch..but I had fun with it, and enjoyed more of than I disliked.

And that's the key point about a game.

I can see what I consider flaws..but it was still fun.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Just finished Operation Overlord. Mixed feelings.

It's too bad that the majority of it feels very... filler. The occasional good encounter but mostly boring ones, and the hammerhead things is just... why.

But the meat of it right at the end is very, very well done. While some of the aesthetics (and of course, the whole AI thing) made me think of System Shock 2, the final setpiece was pretty amazing and quite touching. So yeah, mixed bag... But it definitely ends on a high-note, really impressed with how they pulled that off.

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I absolutely refuse to buy DLC, so I do hope none of the plot information in the ME2 DLC is going to be referenced in ME3 or I'll be lost.

I replayed ME1 recently, and it became even more apparent just how much better of a game it is than ME2. Really, I can pretty much count on one hand the things that improved, but I could rant for pages about the things that became worse.

"The universe is a yawning chasm, filled with emptiness and the puerile meanderings of sentience..." - Ulyaoth

"It is all that is left unsaid upon which tragedies are built." - Kreia

"I thought this forum was for Speculation & Discussion, not Speculation & Calling People Trolls." - lord of flies

Well, I absolutely refuse to buy DLC, so I do hope none of the plot information in the ME2 DLC is going to be referenced in ME3 or I'll be lost.

The only DLC that would have an obvious impact on the storyline was Lair of the Shadow Broker and the companion DLCs. I imagine it will be like transfering your saves from ME1 to ME2, if you didn't do the DLCs any refferences to them will be absent from your playthrough or you'll be given the Bioware version of events and anything you need to know will be told to you in-game.

Edited by Serrano

I replayed ME1 recently, and it became even more apparent just how much better of a game it is than ME2. Really, I can pretty much count on one hand the things that improved, but I could rant for pages about the things that became worse.

ME1's DLC was referenced on ME2. They will probably will do the same in 3.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

My opinion is just the opposite, could you throw in a short list of things that you think became worse? The only things that were better in ME1 in my opinion:

- I'd take the boring Mako over the brain damaging planet scanning any time

- The hacking minigame was better in ME1, the minigames in ME2 got rather old rather quicly for me

.. and that's it. Nothing else comes to mind.

- The hacking minigame was better in ME1, the minigames in ME2 got rather old rather quicly for me

- I'd tale a Mako with proper level design over both of those. And the failhead.

-I assume you were playing the PC version of ME1? Seeing as the xpox version had just an unadorned QTE. I thought that the ME2 minigames were quite ok, but the ME1 one was the most awful thing I've had to repeatedly endure in a game. :lol:

- I'd tale a Mako with proper level design over both of those. And the failhead.

-I assume you were playing the PC version of ME1? Seeing as the xpox version had just an unadorned QTE. I thought that the ME2 minigames were quite ok, but the ME1 one was the most awful thing I've had to repeatedly endure in a game. :lol:

- Agreed, if someone could kindly pimp the Mako to be faster than a moped. And some fiddling with gravity on planets would be cool.

- Yep, the PC version. The minigames in ME2 weren't bad in my opinion, you just had to do them way too often.