I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favourite thread on Obsidian

Gorth

Hammerhead is cool if all you have to do is fly around. In that sense it's a big improvement over the Mako.

Driving over impossibly mountaneous terrain > doing stupid platforming on amazingly hovercraft sized rocks floating in lava. :p

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Driving over impossibly mountaneous terrain > doing stupid platforming on amazingly hovercraft sized rocks floating in lava. :x

:p Hey, come on now, some of those rocks were bigger than the 'craft.

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Most of the problems I had with the mako were just level design issues. Some of the uncharted worlds were are real PITA to navigate.

Indeed. Too bad it was replaced with a worse vehicle, and gameplay friendlier (to the point of contrived arcadeness) level design.

Hopefully they won't make the combat more actioney, like with DA2.

How can they make it MORE actioney, anyway ?

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

They can avoid the 10 minute unskippable intro cinematic with token walking sequence. That'd make it more actiony.

"Show me a man who "plays fair" and I'll show you a very talented cheater."

the unskippable beginning of ME2 is absolutely infuriating to me.

that said, to make it more action-feely they could add iron sights to all weapons

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Gamestar claims to have insider information that ME3 will be officially announced this October.

Hopefully they won't make the combat more actioney, like with DA2.

The only info we've had from within Bioware was the series of slides from a presentation ME2's lead gameplay designer Christina Norman held at GDC. I think the vibe was 'they think they might have gone a bit too far with the streamlining'. I don't think we're going to see any changes towards more 'actiony' on that front. Of course, this was before it turned out everybody played Soldier, the class designed for neanderthals.

They probably are going to cut down on the dialogue trees, and move more into an 'interactive cutscene'/Alpha Protocol kind of direct progression - if I'm reading the info and the way LotSB was set up correctly.

The Hammerhead had none of the Mako's problems and it also didn't have any of it's charm. At least with the Mako you could go over vast amounts of space and watch a beautiful sky, and a recycled map. The Hammerhead is just another mini-game added to ME2, with all the chores of the Mako.

I'd say the answer to that question is kind of like the answer to "who's the sucker in this poker game?"*

*If you can't tell, it's you. ;)

village_idiot.gif

Just finished Lair of the Shadow Broker. Impressive and fun to play, good pacing, never felt bogged down anywhere. Bio really raised the bar for future DLC/expansion (if any) and for ME3. Although I haven't tried this yet, I think it makes more sense to play SB 'in-game' as opposed to post-game, if only for the upgrades, etc. Have to say though, Bio should release a patch that increases the level cap and scales the enemies accordingly. Hell, I hit level 30 well before gaining everyone's loyalty, and that's without playing SB before the suicide mission. I've read somewhere the level cap can be increased via the coalesced.ini, but dunno if that scales enemies past level 30 too.

Anyway, definitely worth the purchase. Adds a lot to the game. :rolleyes:

I took this job because I thought you were just a legend. Just a story. A story to scare little kids. But you're the real deal. The demon who dares to challenge God.

So what the hell do you want? Don't seem to me like you're out to make this stinkin' world a better place. Why you gotta kill all my men? Why you gotta kill me?

Nothing personal. It's just revenge.

Just finished Lair of the Shadow Broker. Impressive and fun to play, good pacing, never felt bogged down anywhere. Bio really raised the bar for future DLC/expansion (if any) and for ME3. Although I haven't tried this yet, I think it makes more sense to play SB 'in-game' as opposed to post-game, if only for the upgrades, etc. Have to say though, Bio should release a patch that increases the level cap and scales the enemies accordingly. Hell, I hit level 30 well before gaining everyone's loyalty, and that's without playing SB before the suicide mission. I've read somewhere the level cap can be increased via the coalesced.ini, but dunno if that scales enemies past level 30 too.

Anyway, definitely worth the purchase. Adds a lot to the game. :rolleyes:

I guess we know which DLC released on September 7th they put their actual effort into then. :p

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)

. Of course, this was before it turned out everybody played Soldier, the class designed for neanderthals.

They already knew it was the most popular class.

Also, I had hopped on to see if there were any good class suggestions for the second play-through, but I'm now inspired to play a soldier again.

"When is this out. I can't wait to play it so I can talk at length about how bad it is." - Gorgon.

Hey stop that... I'm playing soldier right now. Trying to play a female Shepard because everybody says the voice acting is better. It probably is, but I suck at roleplaying females. It's just a guy with boobs and a higher pitched voice now :o

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Hey stop that... I'm playing soldier right now. Trying to play a female Shepard because everybody says the voice acting is better. It probably is, but I suck at roleplaying females. It's just a guy with boobs and a higher pitched voice now :wacko:

Almost all dialogue lines are exactly the same for Maleshep & Femshep, including the ones with the ex-romance partners on Horizon. I think the only real difference in dialogue is a few lines for the new romance partners.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

Hey stop that... I'm playing soldier right now. Trying to play a female Shepard because everybody says the voice acting is better. It probably is, but I suck at roleplaying females. It's just a guy with boobs and a higher pitched voice now :wacko:

Same. I just can't get into using a female PC. I think it does come down to the "relationships" aspect, in that I can't/don't want to engage male NPCs in romance.

Ironically enough, I think if romances were removed, I'd be fine using a female PC.

"Console exclusive is such a harsh word." - Darque

"Console exclusive is two words Darque." - Nartwak (in response to Darque's observation)