What are you playing now

Gorth

Strangely, ATM, while SoC is $20, the other (more recent) two are $10 each, on Steam.

Thanks for the info. I'll HAVE to check out this Christmas sale thing on Steam. I've been hearing awesome things about it from pretty much everyone...

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

Strangely, ATM, while SoC is $20, the other (more recent) two are $10 each, on Steam.

Thanks for the info. I'll HAVE to check out this Christmas sale thing on Steam. I've been hearing awesome things about it from pretty much everyone...

I basically use Steam just because when they offer a deal, it's usually a very good deal indeed.

When it comes to normal prices they're pretty steep compared to other services that offer boxed copies.

EDIT : BTW I still see Call of Pripyat at 20 €...

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

Meh, I honestly can't wait to play Alpha Protocol, even with all the flaws I know I'm going to get.. I'm a sucker for choices & consequences.

How about you actually get hands on the game before you start talking about its flaws in every thread? o:)

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

Meh, I honestly can't wait to play Alpha Protocol, even with all the flaws I know I'm going to get.. I'm a sucker for choices & consequences.

How about you actually get hands on the game before you start talking about its flaws in every thread? ;)

Most of my posts where on the Alpha Protocol sections and many of them weren't even on the game itself but rather on this kind of 'lovers vs haters' thing that has formed there.

Anyway, got the message, ain't gonna talk about the game until I get my hands on it (hopefully soon, most probably 2-3 days before my first exam this month, meaning I'll have to wait mid-June to play it :ermm: ) :p .

Red Dead Redemption. What a terribly boring game. I've spent more time listening to cutscenes (where sometimes I get to hold down X if I'm lucky) than I've spent doing missions, and even then it's all the same firefight over and over again with no challenge. The world is very well done and believable, but honestly, realism is and has always been boring to me.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Red Dead Redemption. What a terribly boring game. I've spent more time listening to cutscenes (where sometimes I get to hold down X if I'm lucky) than I've spent doing missions, and even then it's all the same firefight over and over again with no challenge. The world is very well done and believable, but honestly, realism is and has always been boring to me.

weird, my experience was totally different. I couldnt put the controller down once I got started... I put in about 35 hours in 4 days and finished all the missions and challenges before I got bored. Even now I look forward to replaying it in a year or two. Also, I found the game plenty challenging at the beginning, I probably died about 20 times before finishing the game, which is a LOT more than I die in most games.

i LOVE westerns though, so maybe that really does make the difference?

also whats strange: I hate gta, i get bored almost immediately and the only one I played for more than a few hours was vice city. I guess I'm strange.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Hey, I like westerns too, it's just that the slow atmospheric narrative lends itself better to movies than games. It's probably the best Western game for the next ten years, nailing the setting and style perfectly, but that doesn't mean I like it.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

I see what you are saying about the pace of RDR Will, I just completely disagree about it being boring. It suits the Western style perfectly for me. Granted, I need to be in a certain mood to play the game, just like watching westerns.

I played through the Alpha Protocol training stuff and I'm almost ready for my first mission. I find the game very charming and I'm happy with it so far. I also think the graphics are solid, I'm not sure what the complaints are about. It isn't bleeding edge, but it looks nice. I think the gameplay is solid too, I like the grenade mechanic. I've noticed a few stuttering camera issues, but it is still a very solid game so far.

I'm diggin RDR, but like hurlshot said, only if I'm in the mood. I've put in a lot of time, but its been pretty sporadic. i think the first time I popped it in I played for 4hrs, and then didn't pick it back up for a day or two.

After long break, I am again playing SoZ , currently in the Port Llast :lol:

Sent from my Stone Tablet, using Chisel-a-Talk 2000BC.

My youtube channel: MamoulianFH
Latest Let's Play Tales of Arise (completed)
Latest Bossfight Compilation Dark Souls Remastered - New Game (completed)

Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 1: Austria Grand Campaign (completed)
Let's Play/AAR Europa Universalis 2: Xhosa Grand Campaign (completed)
My PS Platinums and 100% - 29 games so far (my PSN profile)

1) God of War III - PS3 - 24+ hours

2) Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 130+ hours

3) White Knight Chronicles International Edition - PS3 - 525+ hours

4) Hyperdimension Neptunia - PS3 - 80+ hours

5) Final Fantasy XIII-2 - PS3 - 200+ hours

6) Tales of Xillia - PS3 - 135+ hours

7) Hyperdimension Neptunia mk2 - PS3 - 152+ hours

8.) Grand Turismo 6 - PS3 - 81+ hours (including Senna Master DLC)

9) Demon's Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

10) Tales of Graces f - PS3 - 337+ hours

11) Star Ocean: The Last Hope International - PS3 - 750+ hours

12) Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII - PS3 - 127+ hours

13) Soulcalibur V - PS3 - 73+ hours

14) Gran Turismo 5 - PS3 - 600+ hours

15) Tales of Xillia 2 - PS3 - 302+ hours

16) Mortal Kombat XL - PS4 - 95+ hours

17) Project CARS Game of the Year Edition - PS4 - 120+ hours

18) Dark Souls - PS3 - 197+ hours

19) Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory - PS3 - 238+ hours

20) Final Fantasy Type-0 - PS4 - 58+ hours

21) Journey - PS4 - 9+ hours

22) Dark Souls II - PS3 - 210+ hours

23) Fairy Fencer F - PS3 - 215+ hours

24) Megadimension Neptunia VII - PS4 - 160 hours

25) Super Neptunia RPG - PS4 - 44+ hours

26) Journey - PS3 - 22+ hours

27) Final Fantasy XV - PS4 - 263+ hours (including all DLCs)

28) Tales of Arise - PS4 - 111+ hours

29) Dark Souls: Remastered - PS4 - 121+ hours

Alpha Protocol. Aside from my CPU/GPU temps getting insanely high (damn crappy AC), nothing to complain about relating to the game so far. :ermm:

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

After long break, I am again playing SoZ , currently in the Port Llast :)

Then you can join the Dragon Age... Storm of Zehir discussion! ;)

I love the game, the possibility to have more than one fully customizable character, i have missed that a lot from the time of IWD/IWD2, i am enjoying the game, but unfortunately i can play max 1-2h daily atm :(

FF XIII - so i finally started digging into this after thoroughly playing rdr. So far this is the worst FF game I've played. I like it even less than FFX, which is saying a lot because I REALLY didn't care for 10.

Good points so far: the game moves quickly. I like Lightning, too bad she's not in a better game.

Bad points so far: The game at 15 hours in, has gone absolutely nowhere.

Example time:

At 15 hours in FF7 here are only SOME of the things i've done: blown up one of the seven reactors that run midgar, protected a flower girl from kidnappers by dropping barrels on them, stormed the headquarters of Shinra, found the supposed main villain of the game dead with a sword in his back, fought his son, raced a motorcycle through the city while protecting my friends, oh yeah - and I've snuck into a pimps den of dirty deeds while dressed as a woman...

at 15 hours in FF13 here are what I can remember doing (remembering a game i am currently playing mind you): I ran down some paths after watching some easily forgettable cutscenes. i fought some monsters. i turned a switch that made it rainy outside. i ran down some more paths.... thats about all i can remember.

WHAT THE ****

seriously its not even a game, more of a path running simulator. NOTHING HAPPENS!

I'm going to keep playing it in case it gets better but so far its blowing my mind with its failure to be memorable or great.

Side note: I keep hearing people complain about Jrpgs and how they haven't changed in years etc etc. well i don't know what hash they are smoking but seriously, play FF7 (or 6, 8 or 9) for 15 hours, then play FF13 for 15 hours and tell me if its changed. I actually believe that FF13 is not a jrpg at all, it has none of the things that made the final fantasy series great for so many years, and it frankly has turned me off from being excited about the next one, unless it is a genuine return to the style of game that 6-9 were.

side note 2: FFX was when **** started falling apart. who needs a world map that you can explore when we can just have a PATH YOU CAN FOLLOW?!?! GEE WIZ WON'T THAT BE FUN TO JUST RUN DOWN A NARROW HALLWAY FOR 50 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no. its not fun.

**** you squaresoft for forgetting how to make games fun.

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I know many people, who has the exact opposite view on the game :(

to each his own :p

I actualy think the worst FF game so far was II, followed by I and VIII

and the best was X followed by X-2 and VII ;)

Not finnished XIII so i am not commenting on this game yet :p

I know many people, who has the exact opposite view on the game ;)

to each his own :p

I actualy think the worst FF game so far was II, followed by I and VIII

and the best was X followed by X-2 and VII ;)

Not finnished XIII so i am not commenting on this game yet :p

Imperator and Garland were awesome villians. :)

Seriously I&II have such a bad rep and I don't know why (II had a broken leveling system but apart from that...). They were pretty good for NES titles. III was a lot worse.

My favourites are VI, IX, IV, V and XII

Currently I'm playing Dragon Quest VI for DS in the japanese version.

Great game.

Edited by C2B