What are you playing now

Gorth

That ranger chick from Samargol is a really good recruit... I used her from as soon as I could afford her, until the end. Then later I hired a blonde, masked rogue whose name I forgot.

I started out with her too as a cohort, not knowing she was a ranger at the time. It was after dropping her, that I wanted to hire the other guy. Not being able to find the missing crew (or rather, the missing key) however, I'm not sure if it is possible to progress the game any further ;)

I wonder if I can cheat code in a key...

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

That ranger chick from Samargol is a really good recruit... I used her from as soon as I could afford her, until the end. Then later I hired a blonde, masked rogue whose name I forgot.

I started out with her too as a cohort, not knowing she was a ranger at the time. It was after dropping her, that I wanted to hire the other guy. Not being able to find the missing crew (or rather, the missing key) however, I'm not sure if it is possible to progress the game any further :ermm:

I wonder if I can cheat code in a key...

I gave up and started a new game, importing my characters from the above game. Not sure what happened to my first game, but now I can what was supposed to happen. Not only did the little reptile go awal, so did Na'Sani and Volo who were supposed to be in that corral at the bazar, giving me new tasks. Yeah, they had disappeared too. This time, I got a few tasks from Volo too. Ah well, hopefully, I can "clear out" the map reasonably fast since I get to keep my xp and my equipment. That is, I dissed my lead character and created a new ranger/wizard/arcane archer, but otherwise intact party.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

Alpha Protocol...

Why, I read on the internet that it was the worstest game ever!

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

ok....i just finished today alpah protocol and i want to say...what the hell hapent to u obsidian ....at least did u notest what have u done with the game? or u just take it out and whose gonna like it will gonna plait and that's all....man i don't wont to say nothing bad...but...man the sotry line ok..was great ...i had many expectation from this game...and u just let me down...the gameplay...what the **** its with the sniper aim....i just move a little bit the mouse and he gose like everywere...its like u dindn;t even want us to chose the sniper...and then what witt that all..,''weapon it's choice''...and it was hard to put as simple crosshaire...i mean...whta it with all that round thing and i have to wait for a critical shot..i know it's an rpg and all...but stiil...this suck...u couldet maidet a little bitt realistic or something...and a little action will not harm... i don;t wand to compare with mass effect 2...but lokk at them...ok..they made a great rpg not just for the lovers of rpg but even for the lovers of third action game players and action player...i don't even care about the grapichcs...at the beginnig i was consered...but i realized that the story its awesome..u did a great job there...and who wright the script...all the line seame to be made by a cheap movie wrighter....even i could make a better job on that...i apreciate that u lett us to chose oure answer by ure emotion but sometimes the lines are just crap...it's like obsidian lost the passion for the game on the way...and....i will not say anymore because it's allot that u could made better....the story its great everithing else its crap...tanx obsidian

Edited by x_man

ok....i just finished today alpah protocol and i want to say...what the hell hapent to u obsidian ....at least did u notest what have u done with the game? or u just take it out and whose gonna like it will gonna plait and that's all....man i don't wont to say nothing bad...but...man the sotry line ok..was great ...i had many expectation from this game...and u just let me down...the gameplay...what the **** its with the sniper aim....i just move a little bit the mouse and he gose like everywere...its like u dindn;t even want us to chose the sniper...and then what witt that all..,''weapon it's choice''...and it was hard to put as simple crosshaire...i mean...whta it with all that round thing and i have to wait for a critical shot..i know it's an rpg and all...but stiil...this suck...u couldet maidet a little bitt realistic or something...and a little action will not harm... i don;t wand to compare with mass effect 2...but lokk at them...ok..they made a great rpg not just for the lovers of rpg but even for the lovers of third action game players and action player...i don't even care about the grapichcs...at the beginnig i was consered...but i realized that the story its awesome..u did a great job there...and who wright the script...all the line seame to be made by a cheap movie wrighter....even i could make a better job on that...i apreciate that u lett us to chose oure answer by ure emotion but sometimes the lines are just crap...it's like obsidian lost the passion for the game on the way...and....i will not say anymore because it's allot that u could made better....the story its great everithing else its crap...tanx obsidian

The single funniest thing I have ever read on this forum.

x man, that was unreadable.

Still moseying along with Red Dead Redemption.

I just started that... but I might end up doing PoP trilogy again on my PS2 (yes, I just finished watching the movie)

Victor of the 5 year fan fic competition!

Kevin Butler will awesome your face off.

I'm still playing Bad Company 2 and having a blast. Definitely a squad game. Trying to recruit more friends (i.e. convincing them to buy the game). :sorcerer:

About an hour ago, me and my friend were both playing as Medic, and we survived an ambush by repeatedly reviving each other (clear!) and retreating a bit every 3 seconds.

Then, once safe, we spent the next 30 seconds laughing. :lol:

Oh, and with the recent improved graphics update (along the same lines as Episode Two's graphics, I guess) and the achievements and whatnot, I finally couldn't resist a re-play of Half-Life 2. Because apparently, I didn't have enough on my hands. >_<

Edited by Nemo0071

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

I rather like the lack of a cross-hair in Alan Wake, instead relying on the torch to aim. Also the health system with the super slow regen with light as health kit. Not terribly fond of sprint and dodge being the same button, as all too often old Alan keeps ducking when all I want to do is run. I don't think it really slows him down, but it still bothers me. Minor pet peeve.

Something that amuses me about is that the lip-syncing in the live action Night Springs is even worse than the game itself.

Edited by Hell Kitty

Hmm, he shouldn't duck if you're pressing the thumbstick forward, at least I didn't notice it. And I agree, the mechanics they came up with are very nice, overall it's a very well made game.

"Moral indignation is a standard strategy for endowing the idiot with dignity." Marshall McLuhan

Darksiders. This is fun, really fun. Even the puzzles aren't too bad.

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager. Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons. Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!"

Finished my first run on Alpha Protocol. I think Hard + Rookie difficulty, full stealth no weapons spec character was a really poor choice. Writing and story were good but boss fights with that character were some of the worst I've experienced in any game. And by worst I mean stupidly desinged. Respawning lackeys while bosses accurately chip away your pitiful health... in closed spaces no less. I wonder who got braindamaged while designing those fights. Some of the smaller missions, where you didn't have hordes of enemies or bosses were actually ok. CIA listening post and such. Fights, especially boss fights just became tedious task just to advance the plot. Cut combat in half, remove all boss fights (as in traditinal boss fight mechanics - full clip just to take down tiny amount of bosses health, ultra fast speeds ect ect) and game wouldn't be as bad as it's now.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

I didn't really like the boss fights either.

If I hadn't a character that maxed out Stealth & Pistols, I don't even know how I would have beaten some of them. Chain Shot + Shadow Operative makes it smooth sailing.

But even then, some boss fights became kind of a Benny Hill affair where Thorton was running around for cover waiting for his mad skills to recharge, while the boss was giving chase.

Edited by virumor

The ending of the words is ALMSIVI.

The single funniest thing I have ever read on this forum.

You could read that? :)

Currently playing FFVII PSone classic (PSP). Not my favorite FF game by any means, but it does make a great portable game.

Worked the first playthrough of Alpha Protocol... Now giving it a try from the Rookie perspective..

A few flaws, some glitches, but not a bad gem.

"Cuius testiculos habeas, habeas cardia et cerebellum."

Meh, I honestly can't wait to play Alpha Protocol, even with all the flaws I know I'm going to get.. I'm a sucker for choices & consequences.

Still playing Stalker though.

The game is slowly but steadier growing more and more fun as I play, but it's also growing more and more buggy and I'm not sure if I understand the balance (and the reason behind some design decisions like the time limit on most of the side missions).

I've also noticed that the AI has some pretty buggy moments when they see me behind walls and try to shoot me, and strangely, that's only for human beings. When it comes to mutants, they may not be bright, but the AI seems to work perfectly. Meh, not sure what to think.

Weapons are all interesting to use and I'm glad to see that after I've got used to the controls I'm constatly headshotting bandits to death, stealing their ammos, eating something to replenish health (and also make space for ammo) and generally having fun.

The art direction is superb.

Overall, it's certainly not on the level of AAA shooter when it comes to graphics and gameplay, but it's also incredibly ambitious (even if I'm pretty sure the developers wanted to introduce a LOT MORE features) and definitely a lot of fun.

The storyline and setting are also surprisingly good for a shooter without dominating the game (like it happened for Bioshock).

Oh, and I bought for 3 bucks, so overall, I'm quite happy for my purchase. :huh:

Still playing Stalker...

I'll definitely give this one a try, shame I still haven't played it.

I was thinking of buying when one of my friends said he has the first game. Depending on the result I may have to hunt for the others...

You're playing the first game (Shadow of Chernobyl), right? Do you know anything about the 2nd and 3rd? Worth buying all three of them? I have this general obsession for playing/watching/reading a whole series, or not bothering at all, especially if the stories are connected/continued.

If I can find any of them for 3 bucks, I'll get it anyway... You lucky [censored]... :huh:

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

You're playing the first game (Shadow of Chernobyl), right? Do you know anything about the 2nd and 3rd? Worth buying all three of them? I have this general obsession for playing/watching/reading a whole series, or not bothering at all, especially if the stories are connected/continued.

Yup, though I may end up buying all three games, especially if they improved on the bad points of the game.

Josh Sawyer's positive endorsement of Call of Pripyat also helps.

I haven't played the sequels though (actually Clear Skies it's a prequel but whatever, it's still a sequel from a real-world time perspective :huh: ), so I can't give you an opinion on them.. I just know that generally Clear Skies is pretty reviled and Call of Pripyat has gathered a much more positive critical and fans reception, though it appears to be a 'more of the same' affair.

As for the prices.. I bought the game on Steam during Christmas' holidays when there were a ton of supersweet deals, especially for old games.

The fact that I own Stalker : SoC also apparently gives me a discount for Call of Pripyat though I still haven't taken advantage of that. I'm pretty sure the normal price on Steam it's 30-something, while for me (and for anyone else that possesses either Shadows of Chernobyl or Clear Skies) it's 19,99. Not as supersweet as 3 bucks ( :lol: ) but still pretty nice.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver