2010 FIFA World Cup

Guest The Architect

Okay, having rewatched I admit that Cardoso is affecting the play sufficiently to have it ruled offside. Even so, the penalty Cardoso missed on the second half should have been reissued since Spanish players had rushed the box. I don't know how often that rule is actually enforced, but since the referee enforced it later on Spain's penalty it should have been enforced here as well.

Edited by Balthamael

Yes, the encroachment by Spanish players in Cardozo's penalty was pretty clear, which is grounds for retaking the kick. In fact, it was clearer in that case than in Alonso's first attempt. Maybe the ref didn't remember that encroaching is verboten the first time around. I haven't seen many penalties being retaken for encroachment though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xil8dz6Uuw

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

It just confounds me how the Dutch fall apart on the attack every time they try to string passes together, yet still score. Van Persie isn't up to form at all, Robben's marked out and still refuses to release early... at least Kuyt tries hard. I still don't know how they are so wayward.

The Dutch attack did get better in the second half, and they did deserve to win, but it'll be a massive coup if they manage to win the Cup outright.

Extremely entertaining match that played out pretty fairly not because but despite of the ref, which is one of the worst I've ever seen. Still, good match, and GO HOLLAND! Can anyone tell me what happened in those last few minutes, though? It was complete uncontrollable chaos. The arbiter team was scarily incompetent.

And Germany better win, Holland needs to beat them in a rematch for 1974. Nobody cares about Spain. :sorcerer:

Edited by TrueNeutral

Dutch defense has been very loose, though. If Germany makes it to the final, it's going to be nasty.

But Germany won't make it to the final. THE OCTOPUS HAS SPOKEN.

Has the octopus been accurate this whole World Cup? I havent paid attention except for his last 2-3 predictions.

It just confounds me how the Dutch fall apart on the attack every time they try to string passes together, yet still score. Van Persie isn't up to form at all, Robben's marked out and still refuses to release early... at least Kuyt tries hard. I still don't know how they are so wayward.

The Dutch attack did get better in the second half, and they did deserve to win, but it'll be a massive coup if they manage to win the Cup outright.

I wound up supporting Uruguay mostly because the (Finnish) commentator was laughably pro-Dutch. I swear, he must have had his house on them to win.

You're a cheery wee bugger, Nep. Have I ever said that?

ahyes.gifReapercussionsahyes.gif

I wound up supporting Uruguay mostly because the (Finnish) commentator was laughably pro-Dutch. I swear, he must have had his house on them to win.

What? He was? I must have missed that. Anyways that referee did try his best to let Uruquay score 3-3...

Hate the living, love the dead.

Dutch defense has been very loose, though. If Germany makes it to the final, it's going to be nasty.

But Germany won't make it to the final. THE OCTOPUS HAS SPOKEN.

Has the octopus been accurate this whole World Cup? I havent paid attention except for his last 2-3 predictions.

Apparently. Of course, they only began to speak about him after, what, four matches? And the only prediction we knew before the match was Germany - Argentina, so if we want to go all conspiracy theorists, the 'prediction' at the beginning could have been just among hundreds and hundreds of different predictions the octopus pulled off about the same matches.

But, let's be honest, do we believe in psychic octopuses? No, we do not.

It's simply a fun way to SHOUT IN ALL CAPS ON A FORUM ROAAARGH. :lol::sorcerer:

EDIT : Funny thing about the finnish commentator. It was the opposite with the italian commentator, that, as well as being a douchebag, went as far as shouting 'NOOOOO' when Holland scored, and had a very very sad tone of voice when the match ended. Seriously.

Edited by WorstUsernameEver

What? He was? I must have missed that. Anyways that referee did try his best to let Uruquay score 3-3...

Yeah, those last few minutes smelt a bit of paid-off-ref, but then I remembered he was an incompetent twit throughout the match to both teams' disadvantages.

You're lucky he was at least watching the same game. The dutch commentator was just talking out of his arse mostly, said lots of things that didn't even happen.

Is the Dutch commentator by any chance Jack van Gelder, by the way? I don't know anything about him other than that he is the voice on this video. The guy sounds dangerously unstable and totally awesome. The goal was amazing, though.

Germany peaked too early. Both Spain and Holland with good squads performing underwhelmingly look like typical world cup winners.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Yeah, those last few minutes smelt a bit of paid-off-ref, but then I remembered he was an incompetent twit throughout the match to both teams' disadvantages.

Yeah, especially how the ref managed to miss that handball that aborted the last of Uruguay's chances. Now, what were you saying just a few pages ago about cheating and the rulez?

Heh.

- When he is best, he is a little worse than a man, and when he is worst, he is little better than a beast.

Damn Octopus.

Why has elegance found so little following? Elegance has the disadvantage that hard work is needed to achieve it and a good education to appreciate it. - Edsger Wybe Dijkstra

The finnish commentator was awesome. At times, i forgot that Uruguay was even in the match, since the he was only talking about Holland playing against "the other team".

"Some men see things as they are and say why?"
"I dream things that never were and say why not?"
- George Bernard Shaw

"Hope in reality is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man."
- Friedrich Nietzsche

"The amount of energy necessary to refute bull**** is an order of magnitude bigger than to produce it."

- Some guy 

Yeah, especially how the ref managed to miss that handball that aborted the last of Uruguay's chances.

I didn't see this, when was that?

The one lingering stench about the Dutch is the continued participation of van Bommel, of course. The very avatar of snide 'tackling'.