Fallout: New Vegas

Without going into the whole "old vs new" argument again, some of these previews are just so delightfully ironic in how they present the new developer and how it's good that they didn't reinvent the wheel because it would piss off the fanbase... It's just so comedic. :down:

Hope we'll see some new stuff for New Vegas soon.

EDIT: Also.... A cactus, in my Fallout?!?!!? *gasp*

Edited by Starwars

Listen to my home-made recordings (some original songs, some not): http://www.youtube.c...low=grid&view=0

Without going into the whole "old vs new" argument again, some of these previews are just so delightfully ironic in how they present the new developer and how it's good that they didn't reinvent the wheel because it would piss off the fanbase... It's just so comedic. :down:

Hope we'll see some new stuff for New Vegas soon.

There's been a Bethesda press event in Las Vegas, and Russ Pitts (Escapist's editor) confirmed that he's been there and that the embargo will lift in may. So I'd expect new previews, info and screens soon-ish.

Wasn't the groin-special-attack thing discredited months ago?

Anyway, headshots: your mouth (hopefully) doesn't contain brain matter, so you're bound to survive it (or at least have a chance to), Now if the attacker was a raider, s/he may not know this.

Edited by Oner

Depending on who tried to kill you, the fact that they shot you in the head instead of beating you may be an hint that they're professionals, but that's just speculation. :lol:

That's what I meant by 'story thing' :down:

And yeah, medicine / science may be far more advanced, but to survive being shot in the head AND left to die in the desert, you have to be a superhuman or something. It's almost like you start the game with your lvl 30 char from FO3 :lol:

Which reminds me, the weapons are also more advanced... :p

Anyway, headshots: your mouth (hopefully) doesn't contain brain matter, so you're bound to survive it (or at least have a chance to), Now if the attacker was a raider, s/he may not know this.

Hmm it could be a shot through the cheeks or something, you have a point. But then it wouldn't be very professional, would it? :)

"Save often!" -The Inquisitor

"Floss regularly!" -also The Inquisitor

And yeah, medicine / science may be far more advanced, but to survive being shot in the head AND left to die in the desert, you have to be a superhuman or something. It's almost like you start the game with your lvl 30 char from FO3 :)
Add to this that someone may make a char with 1 endurance. :down:

And yeah, medicine / science may be far more advanced, but to survive being shot in the head AND left to die in the desert, you have to be a superhuman or something. It's almost like you start the game with your lvl 30 char from FO3 :)

Maybe Vic rescued you almost immediately? Maybe it's a Doc Mitchell's conspiracy and he's actually New Vegas' version of Presper?

Who knows, who knows... :p:down:

As for the groin thing, me doesn't know.. maybe there are two different animations and one is chosen randomly when you choose 'Fore!' ? The screenshots indicate an attack to the head anyway.

Add to this that someone may make a char with 1 endurance. :p

But still, he/she might have 10 Luck :lol:

Maybe Vic rescued you almost immediately? Maybe it's a Doc Mitchell's conspiracy and he's actually New Vegas' version of Presper?

That would be f***ing hilarious, in a good way... :lol:

And that's something I'd kinda expect. The good doctor lends a helping hand for no reason, yeah right. It's Fallout, dude. Everyone has their agenda...

I just realized I may have a bit too high hopes for this title... But again, who doesn't? ;)

Who bothers with release dates in this day and age anyway?

I believe we are witnessing the Chevalier effect. Where people's differing recollections are in fact the fracturing of time itself, rather than mistakes of memory.

Basically, the Chevalier Effect occurs when facts brought up in the book are historically inaccurate, but appear later in life. For example, Rizla asks if the Chevalier Effect is like the Greenhouse Effect (which it definitely isn't), and although the Greenhouse Effect wasn't a term coined until later in the twentieth century, it was because of the Chevalier Effect (which was named after a Maurice Chevalier song in which two characters contradict everything the other says). Despite the things that seem like anachronisms, everything was certainly there at the time, I assure you.

"It wasn't lies. It was just... bull****"."

-Elwood Blues

tarna's dead; processing... complete. Disappointed by Universe. RIP Hades/Sand/etc. Here's hoping your next alt has a harp.

Has it been confirmed anywhere that hardcore mode is available immediately, or are they going to be horrible and make you beat the game normally before you can play Hardcore mode?

Boss: You're fired.

Me: Ummm will you let me have my job if I dance for you?

Boss: No, I don't think so-

Me: JUST LET ME DANCE

*Dances*

Has it been confirmed anywhere that hardcore mode is available immediately, or are they going to be horrible and make you beat the game normally before you can play Hardcore mode?

I don't know about confirmation, but that wouldn't make any kind of sense, so I'd say no. Hell no.

Don't think of it as the Hard-Boiled mode in Max Payne (or something like that). From what I understand, it'll be more of a gameplay preference than a "difficulty level".

I don't know about confirmation, but that wouldn't make any kind of sense, so I'd say no. Hell no.

Don't think of it as the Hard-Boiled mode in Max Payne (or something like that). From what I understand, it'll be more of a gameplay preference than a "difficulty level".

This is exactly what I'm hoping it is as well, but you can never tell these days and it would be nice just to have confirmation that "Yeah it's available from the start". I really don't want to play the game normally and then Hardcore.

*Dances*

Confirmed in the last preview : you create your character and the game asks you if you want to play in Hardcore Mode, so I'd say yes.

are there any gameplay videos yet or just screenshots?

i'm guessing that e3 will provide a big pile of new info about the game?

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

Saw it. It seems this time they bothered to take screenshots that look good.

It all sounds good, considering we already know that it will be very similar to Fallout 3, let's hope they'll have time to polish it before release.

As for the graphics, it's not that it looks like Fallout 3 that it bothers me but the fact that the new assets look much better than the rest.. maybe that's just my impression since I never saw them before though.

Anyway, graphics can be tweaked by mods, the story can't (unless you do a total conversion with professional voice actor and an extensive team that lasts 6 years before turning into vaporware lol), and it seems they're taking the right Fallout-y choice there.

Good.

I am really looking forward to this game.

I do wonder though, will there be any giant mutant Fiddler Crabs? Is it even Fiddler Crab season? One has to wonder.

Edited by Aegeri

*Dances*

I've got a new wallpaper (happens once every year, savor the moment mr/s concept artist). :bow:

The arm of this guy seems a bit off.