Pre-order charts

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the PR push have done that much of an impact, the numbers changed is pretty low considering it's to be released very soon. Still, have no real context to put the sales in, we don't know what SEGA is expecting considering it's a brand new IP or the budget of the game and all that stuff. But considering the long development I can't help but feel they would want more sales from the game.

The problem is that most fans had their preorders still waiting from the last year. The impact from the marketing campaign has been somewhat low. Previously the preorders would rise by about 500-750 in two weeks. Now it rises 1000-3000 in two weeks. But then again that's just American preorders and doesn't show PC nor European charts.

Hate the living, love the dead.

i have a feeling that in the week right before its released there will be a big jump in pre-orders, red dead redemption and alan wake are out now, and will be played heavily over the next couple weeks, but alpha protocol will be able to push their game without any real direct competition for that week.

also any early reviews that are good will REALLY help push the game,

Killing is kind of like playin' a basketball game. I am there. and the other player is there. and it's just the two of us. and I put the other player's body in my van. and I am the winner. - Nice Pete.

I find strange the fact that AP has so many preorder and yet the reception both on RPG sites (just look at the RPGWatch comments on the GDC Walkthrough, I'm not talking about RPGCodex..) and big/casual ones like Destructoid/Gametrailers has been.. well lukewarm at best.

I also share their fears about the AI and linearity in level design to be honest, but I'll probably get the game anyway.

I think loud people are loud too. This is a game that many compare to Mass Effect upon first glimpse, so you'll get people knocking it because it's a "Mass Effect ripoff" both because one group loves Mass Effect, and because the other side hates Mass Effect.

I'm actually a little irritated right now-- I just tried to order the game from Amazon, and the "release date delivery" option that they usually have for upcoming games wasn't available.

Poking around other major retailers, they're all either charging crazy shipping, or would require me to get in my car and fight evening traffic to go get it after work on the day it comes out. (Rockville Pike is a frikken nightmare.)

This is a game that I'd prefer to have an actual box for, but now I'm starting to lean towards the Steam option.

It's available from Gamersgate too if you don't like steam.

“He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt. He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would surely suffice.” - Albert Einstein

And direct2download, they are still offering Space Siege free for pre-order. :shifty:

I'll be using Game.co.uk, they have a download option and 25 pounds is the cheapest I've found it anywhere (whereas gamersgate/d2d/steam are ~50US)

I remember when the Korean Won v. NZ Dollar was 700-1, and I was waiting for it to get better. Then the IMF hit and it got to 1200-1.

For the record, I don't think it's EVER gotten below 700 since.

And direct2download, they are still offering Space Siege free for pre-order. :shifty:

I'll be using Game.co.uk, they have a download option and 25 pounds is the cheapest I've found it anywhere (whereas gamersgate/d2d/steam are ~50US)

Hmm.

Game's download service is UK only, isn't it?

Steam's price is still 20usd more than d2d or Gamersgate for we antipodal types.

Edited by Zoraptor

I've preordered AP on Steam (didn't know Gamersgate had it cheaper... grr) and aside from getting a copy of a pretty bad RPG to go with it (Space Siege) I'm pretty happy. Don't know if there will be a preload, but doesn't really matter to me that much. Kind of wishing I get in-game stuff but again, doesn't really matter.

The GAME website says nothing about their d/l being UK only, though. I haven't gone through with ordering because... well, I'm thinking, it will at least be one DVD (4.8gb) - I probably won't have enough bandwidth. >.< So either I pay 100NZD for a physical copy, or ship it overseas to get it cheap and wait a couple of weeks. Might just do that, and then pick up Eschalon with the spare cash.

Generally, if you live in Europe, it's better to order things from UK based retailers. Be it Game, Play, The Hut, Send it or whatever. It's always cheaper.

I have preordered AP from Play.com for 23 euros, myself.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

Generally, if you live in Europe, it's better to order things from UK based retailers. Be it Game, Play, The Hut, Send it or whatever. It's always cheaper.

I have preordered AP from Play.com for 23 euros, myself.

The Hut has good prices but it's usually very slow at mailing items.. mix that with the incredibly slow italian mail and I use it only for incredibly low price offers or games I can wait a bit longer to play (may it be because I have no time or because the game interests me but not that much).

My first (and until now last) experience with Play.com has been Awakening.

Pretty good price and pretty quick too. I'm quite happy and I'll probably use the site for Alpha Protocol too.

I've never had speed of delivery problems with UK retailers. And I've used a healthy bunch of them.

"My hovercraft is full of eels!" - Hungarian tourist
I am Dan Quayle of the Romans.
I want to tattoo a map of the Netherlands on my nether lands.
Heja Sverige!!
Everyone should cuffawkle more.
The wrench is your friend. :bat:

I've never had speed of delivery problems with UK retailers. And I've used a healthy bunch of them.

Part of it has probably to do with the fact that it was holiday period, but The Hut is consistently slower with its deliveries according to other people I know that ordered from there.

By slower I don't mean a whole lot, mind you, it's just that the italian mail is slow too (for some reason they've been pretty efficient with Awakening though), so I ended up waiting something like three weeks to play Dragon Age Origins.

I didn't particularly mind, considering I was busy playing Risen anyway.

The GAME website says nothing about their d/l being UK only, though. I haven't gone through with ordering because... well, I'm thinking, it will at least be one DVD (4.8gb) - I probably won't have enough bandwidth. >.< So either I pay 100NZD for a physical copy, or ship it overseas to get it cheap and wait a couple of weeks. Might just do that, and then pick up Eschalon with the spare cash.

I'm not sure that Game downloads is UK only, though I have been told that I've never confirmed it myself. They certainly don't ship to some countries though I have no idea if NZ is included there.

GG lists the download size as 9.96GB...

Cheapest NZ based sale I've seen is MightyApe for 90$, though for some reason they have it being delayed until June 4 (annoying as that is where I have it preordered) but they do have the bonus guide, else cdwow certainly had it cheap, but would probably end up delivering it sometime in August.

Game.co.uk's downloads are done by Metaboli/gamesplanet. So tend to be EU friendly. :p

I got mine on steam, the free game was good enough to last me a few days before sam and max :p Diablo-likes are always fun in there own little way.

Steam's was

Cheapest NZ based sale I've seen is MightyApe for 90$, though for some reason they have it being delayed until June 4 (annoying as that is where I have it preordered) but they do have the bonus guide, else cdwow certainly had it cheap, but would probably end up delivering it sometime in August.

Yep, inside NZ, the options are:

Ebgames (immediate, $100)

Mightyape (~1 week delay, $90)

CDWow (up to a month delay, $50)

Heard bad things about CDWow's delivery times, apparently they get it so cheap by getting it from all sorts of weird places.

If it's 10gb then the extra bandwidth alone would cost me 20-30$ extra, screw it. I'll go down to ebgames. I have my wisdom teeth out on the 27th, hopefully that won't screw up and destroy me :p

And direct2download, they are still offering Space Siege free for pre-order. :p

Hmm.

Game's download service is UK only, isn't it?

Steam's price is still 20usd more than d2d or Gamersgate for we antipodal types.

This is an outrage.

That's not sarcasm. I'm just tripping. And don't know how to emotions.

Thread pruned. Though I am aware that the reality of piracy will likely never go away, I would be grateful if we could please avoid references to the practises as much as is possible.

The universe is change;
your life is what our thoughts make it
- Marcus Aurelius (161)

:dragon: